User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 126.8K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Tope, I might be wrong, but from your last post it seems the problem is that everything is going well, but you're worried it won't always be that way.
    Well, some things will go wrong, they always do to some extent, but I think you should enjoy the things that are going well, and it will help you deal with whatever doesn't :) There is no reason to worry if your only problem is that there is no problem.

• Do you think two friends who aren't sleeping together can remain friends?

• @monkey_05_06 said: Do you think two friends who aren't sleeping together can remain friends?

Absolutely. A platonic relationship (friendship) between a male and female is certainly achievable. Well, at least it has been for me. But, speaking as only one individual (and a unique individual at that), I guess I can't represent everybody. But, in my experience, I've been able to maintain a number of platonic relationships with the opposite sex - one of them being particularly strong, to the point where I can talk to her about anything, and feel extremely comfortable around her in any situation, without ever feeling tempted to progress the relationship to any level beyond 'very good friends'.

Maybe it's because I have very specific preferences that most female friends don't fall under, maybe it's because the thoughts of 'anything more' don't cross my mind as much as they do in other males, or perhaps this is merely a feat that's possible for everybody, and maybe I've just been lucky enough to have had more of these types of relationships than other people. I don't really know, which is why I'd like to hear other peoples' responses.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@coolsome said: Now that replacement hand grafting is a thing I am going to chop off my hand graft some jerks hand to mine and then hypnotize my self into believing I am Liquid Snake.

Then put your chopped off hand in a jar and pretend it's The Tenth Doctor's hand. :D

• Better to make a bad decision than no decision.

• Technically, if you make no decision for long enough, then that indecisiveness is itself a decision.

Also, there are some instances where I would disagree with a bad decision being better(eg. shooting up a school, having sex too early in a relationship, or marrying the wrong person.)

• Monkey, if you sleep with me, we are no longer friends.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Secret Fawful said: Monkey, if you sleep with me, we are no longer friends.

For some reason, I pictured Jay in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back saying this when I read this post.

Takes on a whole new meaning. :eek:

• What if Schindler wrote his list in a Death Note by accident.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Holocaust jokes are not funny!! Anne Frankly, I won't stand for it.

This discussion has been closed.