User Avatar Image

Who do you think was the most/least helpful group member?

posted by ZeroShoot on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

hey i'm just curious what you think about which group member was the most/least helpful.

I think Carley (if you chose her) was the most helpful member, since she saved my ass almost half a dozen times. Clem was helpful too, because she got us into some buildings like the Mansion or to the blowtorch in the station, and depending on your choices protected Omid or maybe even saved Molly.

I think Ben was the least helpful member of the group, because depending on who you blame for whose death he caused quite some. i partly blame him for 7 deaths, don't guess anyone could beat that :D

91 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Platinumb said: I'd say Clem was most helpful. She crawled and got everybody out of tough spots AND was able to kill walkers. She also pushed Lee to be the best he could be with leading everybody.

Least helpful? Mark. He was an adult, but he acted like a kid. He was in the army, but he couldn't shoot the bird, was tired and weak all the time to the point Larry was the one pulling the brunt of it when it came to barricading. He also wasn't too wise when it came to dealing with the farmboys, and man was he whiny.

Actually, Mark was evidently Chair Force, not Army.

Note about Ben: He was a teen and he *tried* to help. I wouldn't put as much on his shoulders as a grown adult. It's not his fault bandits were threatening and manipulating him. He might very well have been honest with Carly about what he was doing (which may have been why she defended him). Even when it came to getting the axe at the school... he was trying to get everybody out. I'm still not sure how that really worked out; I gather the zombies had gone away from the door for a bit so that he didn't see them?

It is, however, his fault for being manipulated. It's just another of his acts of stupidity. Would anyone with an IQ above room temperature believe the guys known for rape and murder will tell the truth about having their friend, or believe that they'd honor any deal that was made?

The hatchet at the school is unforgiveable no matter what, it's barring a blood-covered door - even worse, Ben's the one that actually hands it to Lee before they even leave for Crawford.

He really is a reverse King Midas; everything Ben touches turns to poo.

• @Rommel49 said: even worse, Ben's the one that actually hands it to Lee before they even leave for Crawford.

On top of that it was the door through which they came into the school building, means there was no axe before, and that means, one of OUR group members put it there.

• Most helpful..Hmm.I think Mark.We would be dead if it weren't for him.

Least helpful was Clem.Now,of course I love her and I always will,but if I told the bitch to stay in the fucking house,I fucking mean it.And in the end,she was the reason Lee got bit.But I have to agree,that she's motherfucking "exploring" helped us with the boat.
    Also,so much Ben hate,jeez.I guess it's understandable but still..Gawd :/
    I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't hate him

And I think that people just don't wanna accept that they are or they have someone who's exactly like Ben-Fucks up everything he touches :)

• @BenIsKindaCool said: I told the bitch to (...) she was the reason Lee got bit (...) I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't hate him

You call a 9-year old "bitch"? lol... Quote from Lee:"I'm gonna pretend i didn't hear that..." :eek:
    Anyways: I don't hate him either, in fact I'm sad about his death, and about his past, and he's kinda nice, and a little funny sometimes, and after all he's still a kid, but it's like all he does is waiting for another opportunity to fuck up good. ;)

• @ZeroShoot said: You call a 9-year old "bitch"? lol... Quote from Lee:"I'm gonna pretend i didn't hear that..." :eek:
    Anyways: I don't hate him either, in fact I'm sad about his death, and about his past, and he's kinda nice, and a little funny sometimes, and after all he's still a kid, but it's like all he does is waiting for another opportunity to fuck up good. ;)

I didn't mean to call her that, but it just seemed right that time :cool:
    Also,now I hope ZA would not happen.I am EXACTLY like Ben and I just feel like everyone's gonna hate me in The group because of The things they'll see me doing..LOL

• Everyone became a nuisance in the end...
    I mean Kenny caused fights
    Doug got close to trouble and was just too nice
    Larry had a heart problem and started fights
    Lilly became paranoid
    Clem kept running away
    Calrey couldn't use a radio
    Glenn risks his life for some girl
    Katjja doesn't handle it when the going gets tough
    Ben gets everyone killled
    Mark stirs stuff up with Larry
    Omid has an injured leg
    Christa obsesses over helping Omid
    Chuck supplies Kenny with Alcohol
    Molly gets grabbed by walkers
    Vernon and his group are traitors
    Lee risks his life for Clem too much

Everyone is a bit useless...

• @Hudomonkey said: Everyone became a nuisance in the end...
    I mean Kenny caused fights
    Doug got close to trouble and was just too nice
    Larry had a heart problem and started fights
    Lilly became paranoid
    Clem kept running away
    Calrey couldn't use a radio
    Glenn risks his life for some girl
    Katjja doesn't handle it when the going gets tough
    Ben gets everyone killled
    Mark stirs stuff up with Larry
    Omid has an injured leg
    Christa obsesses over helping Omid
    Chuck supplies Kenny with Alcohol
    Molly gets grabbed by walkers
    Vernon and his group are traitors
    Lee risks his life for Clem too much

Everyone is a bit useless...

A perfect character would be a bit dull. Most of them balance out positively.

i did like your listing though. Loads of minor flaws then just "Ben gets everyone killed" :D

• The most useful would be Clem or Carley. Clem could fit into tight spaces and open places that would otherwise be locked and Carley has saved more characters with her gun than anyone else. Least useful would be Ben followed by Kenny if you didn't help him kill Larry. I mean seriously, he just stood there and watched multiple times when I almost had my face eaten off. Forgetting I tried to save his stupid son's life and stood up to Larry for him.

• Duck was the most helpful, being robin and all.

• @Rommel49 said: Actually, Mark was evidently Chair Force, not Army.

It is, however, his fault for being manipulated. It's just another of his acts of stupidity. Would anyone with an IQ above room temperature believe the guys known for rape and murder will tell the truth about having their friend, or believe that they'd honor any deal that was made?

They actually seemed to, as they stopped attacking the motel, at least until Lee and Lilly's "exploring" caused them to not get their bag of stuff.

Granted, I do think it would have been wise for Ben to let someone he trusted know he was being threatened and weezled by the bandits, but I have the sneaking suspicion Carley might have known.

Add Comment