User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 21.7K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Alcoremortis said:

With Human Revolution, I'm trying to go for a completely nonlethal playthrough,

Hmmm... Human Revolution. They could put that on gog now. I need NEW RPG fodder, and methinks Cyberpunk 2077 will be quite a wait still. :)

• Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning -xbox
    Walking Dead Series (just finished) -ps3 Wow!!
    Skyrim-xbox
    Fifa 13
    MLB Show 12
    Gran Turismo 5

• I'm playing Monkey Island 3 at the moment and it is really good...
    Much better boat battles than Assassins Creed

• ...you mean Assassin's Creed 3? OK...

Playing Lego Pirates (nearly finished, thank god) and the DS Castlevania games. Addictive as hell, they are.

• Just finished a play through of Assassin's Creed II to Revelations in preparation for playing AC3 but as I've not got that yet I'm making my way through the Broken Sword series, on with the 2nd game now.

• Currently re-"playing" Heavy Rain.
    Not much of a game per-say, but I thought the story was cool. Starting to notice some of the weaker elements, but I still think it's a pretty strong story. I never really bought the plot convenience of "When I can't sleep at home, I spend a night in this motel". This was a contrived slap, right there. Still somewhat fun though and the game does contain some of the mental monologue you find in those classic adventure games when you click on certain items(Referring to the comedic elements, though far between as they may be).

• @corruptbiggins said: Onwards to Broken Sword 3!!

I'm curious as to what you'll say about that one. I need to replay 2 at some point. It's the only big box adventure game I currently own, so I always play it from the discs if I can. I bought it in a farming store in Iowa of all places.

• I've played it before and I did enjoy it. Enjoying it now, always felt that the story was good and I've played worse 3D adventure games (Simon 3D being the obvious mention). There is an over reliance on pushing boxes around and controlling just via keyboard isn't the best. That part is remedied by using a controller (in my case a 360 one) which allows me to sit back and enjoy the game more.

It's better replaying this (and eventually 4) than 1 & 2 for me these days (especially 1) because of the amount of times I've played the first two games - I practically know the first game by rote and while I explored more than I strictly needed to in my most recent play through it still took me over 10 hours to get through it knowing how to solve all the puzzles in advance. I think that says a lot about the amount of content in the first game as the 2nd is a fair bit shorter. Like it's missing a whole area really.

But that's digressing from the topic of the 3rd game, in which I've just started the 2nd Paris section with Nico. So opinions on the opening? The start is just a big demonstration of the climbing stuff they've added to the game (after the crash anyway, which straight away introduces the art of moving boxes around). The Nico bit after that is a nice and detectivey. The best section of the game so far is Glastonbury which has a good characters in it (the retired Colonel and the BBC guy being the best) though it is also very sparse. Same is true for the Paris bits really.

Anyway there are some random and fairly coherent thoughts as I take a quick break from BS3.

• Mass Effect 3. Just got to hear Mordin giving Joker advice on having "relations" with EDI.

Also, Pokemon HeartGold.

Add Comment