User Avatar Image

You're f**king kidding me!

posted by tigerwolflover on - last edited - Viewed by 307 users

ok heres the ? did lee really so weak tht he could pick up a gun and shhot himself!?! i mean why tramatize the little girl who is pratically your daughter by making her shoot you. why couldnt he have her leave with the gun the room kill him self with the knife? then she would remember him ALIVE not dead?

p.s. i olny saw one ending so....yeah dont yell at me for saying tht he dosent have her leave the garage

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @DreadMagus said: Gunshot wouldn't have mattered one bit. She already knew how to disguise her scent.... so your point #2 is not relevant.

As for point #1 - You're missing the point that I originally presented. She needed to know how to deal with a loved one who turned then and there. Let me reiterate that: then and there.

And Morale is NOT a flimsy excuse - do you really want Clem to become a "mini-Kenny" who was eaten away with guilt over what he "couldn't" do or "should have" done? I thought the goal was to make it so Clem could survive anything - not just assume she could do it.

Disguising one's scent isn't always an option and doesn't last all that long, as evidenced by the fact the Walker in the store attacked her in the first place. Hell, Clementine didn't even have a knife at the time. Regardless, as I covered, avoiding a dangerous situation in the first place is better than hoping you have a method for dealing with it after the fact.

And morale is a flimsy excuse in this case, that reasoning doesn't improve it; anybody in a life or death situation that goes badly is going to beat themselves up over what they could have or should have done after the fact. And I highly doubt she's going to think of shooting Lee as her one bright shiny moment out of the whole mess, her morale's going to be in the crapper regardless of choice.

• I guess you forgot the rain that was falling outside.

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

• I actually think Lee was to weak to shoot himself. Only reason he was able to pick up the bat was because his pseudo-daughter was better attacked. It is also to ensure that she's ready. There's no point in trying to preserve her innocence in their world, it'll only lead to her death.

• I also think more people decided to have Clem kill him because then she would know that Lee is stuck in there suffering and then sitting there trapped as a walker for probably forever.

• @DreadMagus said: I guess you forgot the rain that was falling outside.

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

That doesn't make sense either; if it's raining outside, she wouldn't be able to disguise her scent at all... which makes attracting the herd's attention all the more dangerous. Stop disagreeing with yourself. :p

@DreadMagus said: I also think more people decided to have Clem kill him because then she would know that Lee is stuck in there suffering and then sitting there trapped as a walker for probably forever.

She understands walkers aren't actually alive though; it's the first observation she makes when she sees her parents "they're dead for sure".

• I think having Clem kill Lee is just something Lee wants if he is being selfish. If he turns into a walker it doesn't matter, not if you handcuffed him to the radiator. It's unlikely he will ever pose a threat to anyone. Clem needs the bullet incase of an actual threat. Being a walker is like donating your vital organs. You may not like the idea but it really doesn't effect you either way...cause your dead!

His choice to make her kill him was always confusing to me, which is why my Lee told her to leave him.

• I had her shoot Lee, but not because of her "growing up" or being able to do the hard thing. Being a walker is worse than just dying, your persona in this world continues to take lives every day. I would not allow myself to turn knowing that my body would be devouring friends and families time and time again until someone puts me down.

Maybe it's a bit selfish, but it's a fate no one deserves.

"You don't want to see me as one of them..."

• @Rommel49 said: That doesn't make sense either; if it's raining outside, she wouldn't be able to disguise her scent at all... which makes attracting the herd's attention all the more dangerous. Stop disagreeing with yourself. :p

Ok, now you're starting to annoy me.

I'll go slow.

You said that masking one's scent doesn't last long (as seen in E-5)

I was pointing out that in that instance it was because it was starting to rain.

• @SeriousScar said: If he turns into a walker it doesn't matter, not if you handcuffed him to the radiator

If you handcuff the walker/security guard, his hands fall off. Flesh rotting and all. It is possible zombie-Lee will escape the handcuffs with time.

• I didnt want to make her do that, so I told her to leave me. I would rather be a zombie than make her do that.

Add Comment