User Avatar Image

Saving Ben

posted by Demopan on - last edited - Viewed by 868 users

While saving Ben, he says there's no time to save him. So why is it nothing bad happens if you save him. Here's what should have happened:

If you dropped Ben, Lee gets away clean, with no bite and survives episode 5.

If you save him though, Lee gets bitten on the way out. Ben survives through episode 5 as well, taking Lee's place.

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Demopan said: While saving Ben, he says there's no time to save him. So why is it nothing bad happens if you save him. Here's what should have happened:

    If you dropped Ben, Lee gets away clean, with no bite and survives episode 5.

    If you save him though, Lee gets bitten on the way out. Ben survives through episode 5 as well, taking Lee's place.

    Yeah I didn't exactly like how your decision had no effect on anyone's fate.

  • I think that the point of this game was "how you play the journey."

    Well, that and it's a lot cheaper/easier to only make one set of occurrences.

  • @Nuked said: Yeah I didn't exactly like how your decision had no effect on anyone's fate.

    Had no effect on anyones fate? if you drop him, he dies. If you dont he lives. How does that not effect anyones fate?

    I think however they should have made it so if you save ben, you pull him up and you both take off for the exit, but ben is bitten but still escapes and now you have to deal with that.

    Ben taking Lees place is stupid and would have been a terrible way for season 1 to end. TTG ended it just right. (even tho I hate Lee Dying...)

  • @J_Scheff said: Had no effect on anyones fate? if you drop him, he dies. If you dont he lives. How does that not effect anyones fate?

    I think however they should have made it so if you save ben, you pull him up and you both take off for the exit, but ben is bitten but still escapes and now you have to deal with that.

    Ben taking Lees place is stupid and would have been a terrible way for season 1 to end. TTG ended it just right. (even tho I hate Lee Dying...)

    He still dies eventually.

  • @Nuked said: He still dies eventually.

    How he dies is what matters.

    He and Kenny come to an understanding during the balcony death scene that is actually very touching.

    He is pretty much murdered by Lee in the belltower otherwise.

  • @Platinumb said: How he dies is what matters.

    He and Kenny come to an understanding during the balcony death scene that is actually very touching.

    He is pretty much murdered by Lee in the belltower otherwise.

    He dies by falling into the middle of a pack of walkers in both cases.

    And Ben tells Lee to drop him, that's assisted suicide. I just wanted to hear a woman with a british accent say "You are the weakest link, goodbye!" when he gets dropped. :p

  • Thats not what this decision is about.

    Its balancing up everything up he's done. Most players hate him by this point, so any choice involving him would be too one sided, once you knew it was Ben or Lee everyone would just rewind and drop him.

    So instead it just asks you "do you really hate him that much?" and do you try and be moral or make sure he cant get anyone else killed, i thought it was quite a good decision. A hard one for me.

  • @Rommel49 said: He dies by falling into the middle of a pack of walkers in both cases.

    And Ben tells Lee to drop him, that's assisted suicide. I just wanted to hear a woman with a british accent say "You are the weakest link, goodbye!" when he gets dropped. :p

    I think they had that scene to hold in stark contrast to Irene's, quite honestly.

    Irene was bitten and had no choice of continuing to leave.

    Ben was a panicky, depressed teen feeling guilty.

    And I wouldn't call it assisted suicide. He was throwing Ben to the wolves, like Larry wanted to throw Duck to them.

  • @The Fallen said: Thats not what this decision is about.

    Its balancing up everything up he's done. Most players hate him by this point, so any choice involving him would be too one sided, once you knew it was Ben or Lee everyone would just rewind and drop him.

    So instead it just asks you "do you really hate him that much?" and do you try and be moral or make sure he cant get anyone else killed, i thought it was quite a good decision. A hard one for me.

    I would say the only person he really "gets" killed is Brie. He picked a bad time to unveil his soul to Kenny.

    And she probably should have been looking at the door and talking, knowing zombies are a foot. In fact, I believe that it's the callousness of the rest of the group members that cause her to lose her attention, not Ben's admission. She seems like a sweet person, and people threatening a teenager probably horrified her.

    He put the group in bad situations, no doubt. But plenty of other characters did, from going to the St. Johns' farm without their own weapons to Lee entering an abandoned house with a little girl to Lilly sending everyone on dangerous runs to Clem running away from the group and safety because a stranger told her to. It just so happened the situations Ben put everyone in tended to be the ones somebody (liked) didn't escape from.

  • Hell, if Ben actually survived Episode 5 I'd pull him up every time. Even if it meant Lee dying. But seeing as he doesn't, I'm more inclined to drop him because it really doesn't matter if he dies at Crawford or in the alley.

Add Comment