User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 43.6K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Also they released the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition on Steam.
    Like ON Steam.

• @der_ketzer said: Also they released the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition on Steam.
    Like ON Steam.

So they did.

• Looks cool, but I can't justify spending 20 bucks to play Baldur's Gate without the fog of war... unless... are there quest markers?

• @Gibbeynator said: Looks cool, but I can't justify spending 20 bucks to play Baldur's Gate without the fog of war... unless... are there quest markers?

Just do what everybody does. Wait for a sale. If I want to play Baldur's gate I still have my CDs. But I'd love to get rid of them.

• @Gibbeynator said: Looks cool, but I can't justify spending 20 bucks to play Baldur's Gate without the fog of war... unless... are there quest markers?

The enhanced edition has become a bit less pointless with all the patches and a few mods to improve the horribly ugly new GUI (oh the irony), but it still adds very little of value over using BGT other than removing the need to install mods. If you have the inclination to deal with mods (which are frankly pretty simple on Infinity Engine games now), then you're far better off just getting BG1 and 2 from GoG for the same price as the Enhanced Edition and using BGT.

• @KuroShiro said: The enhanced edition has become a bit less pointless with all the patches and a few mods to improve the horribly ugly new GUI (oh the irony), but it still adds very little of value over using BGT other than removing the need to install mods. If you have the inclination to deal with mods (which are frankly pretty simple on Infinity Engine games now), then you're far better off just getting BG1 and 2 from GoG for the same price as the Enhanced Edition and using BGT.

I figured as much. Luckily I already have those games through GOG, so I'll just do that. Thank you.

• Can someone tell me what the differerence is between King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY on GOG and King's Bounty: Crossworlds on Steam? The Steam page for Crossworlds says it's an expansion of Armored Princess, but it doesn't say it requires Armored Princess to play.

It almost seems to me like Armored Princess ($20) + Crossworlds ($20) on Steam is the same thing as Crossworlds GOTY ($25) on GOG. If that's true, and you also don't Armored Princess to buy the expansion on Steam, then it sounds like Steam's game files for both games together would take up significantly more space (as they would each be separately playable) than GOG's bundled GOTY game files would.

• @Chyron8472 said: Can someone tell me what the differerence is between King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY on GOG and King's Bounty: Crossworlds on Steam? The Steam page for Crossworlds says it's an expansion of Armored Princess, but it doesn't say it requires Armored Princess to play.

It almost seems to me like Armored Princess ($20) + Crossworlds ($20) on Steam is the same thing as Crossworlds GOTY ($25) on GOG. If that's true, and you also don't Armored Princess to buy the expansion on Steam, then it sounds like Steam's game files for both games together would take up significantly more space (as they would each be separately playable) than GOG's bundled GOTY game files would.

That... is a very good question. I looked at Wikipedia, but I don't think even they know. It sounds like it's Armored Princess plus some expansions and rebalancing patches.

• @Chyron8472 said: Can someone tell me what the differerence is between King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY on GOG and King's Bounty: Crossworlds on Steam? The Steam page for Crossworlds says it's an expansion of Armored Princess, but it doesn't say it requires Armored Princess to play.

It's a bit confusing, but Crossworlds is a straight expansion of the main game. When you start up the expansion campaign, you start at the beginning of Armored Princess, and there is new content in the main game. I'm pretty sure (based on running Crossworlds right now w/out Armored Princess separately installed) if you buy just Crossworlds you will also be getting Armored Princess.

Add Comment