User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 23.7K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Shadowknight1 said: Just got to hear Mordin giving Joker advice on having "relations" with EDI.

This statement almost makes me want to actually get this game.

• Finally started playing Mass Effect 2. Holy shit, that game is addictive. Had to apologize to my girlfriend a couple of times for ignoring her though :)
    I don't know if I like it better than part 1 though... still pondering.

• @JordyLicht said: I don't know if I like it better than part 1 though... still pondering.

I personally did not.
    But that's just me. Everyone else seems to like the second game more.

• I play DayZ and LFS. Pretty much nothing else.

• @der_ketzer said: I personally did not.

It seems (and I haven't even played 50%, so ... it's all a guessing game) that the missions in part 2 are a little shorter and more of the same.

• @der_ketzer said: I personally did not.

The combat in ME2 is better (that is to say, the use of biotic and tech powers in ME2 is better), but I much prefer driving the Mako in ME1 rather than shooting probes from orbit in ME2.

• The I liked the characters in ME2 more. They were more interesting and fleshed out... I think the loyalty quests helped out with that because you got a peek into each of their backgrounds, which I felt was a nice touch.

The combat was a bit more streamlined into a shooter... but there were still some fucking retarded aspects to it. First of all, the Vanguard. Second of all, the Vanguard. Who the hell thought that that class would be a good idea? Seriously, you've got a game based around cover-based shooting that punishes you severely for getting out of cover... and create a class which specializes in running into a group of enemies and blasting away.

I should know, I played a Vanguard because they were pretty good in the first game. And then, during a difficult firefight, I thought, "Hey, why not try out some of these cool biotic powers to see what they do?" So, I pressed a button, which turned out to be a reckless charge in whatever direction I was facing button. Next thing I knew, I was in the middle of a group of enemies and completely disoriented and died in about five seconds. Needless to say, I never used that ability again. In fact, I never even used the shotgun.

• My class of choice is the Infiltrator, because they use sniper rifles and still have cool powers.

I did try playing as the Vanguard in ME1 for a bit on my second playthrough, but I changed my mind as early as the long catwalk just past where Nihlus gets killed. I like being able to pick off targets from a safe distance, and being pigeon-holed into getting shot at point-blank by hordes of enemies just because the Vanguard's weapon of choice is the shotgun really doesn't do it for me. I like using the shotgun in many a shooter, but only at my own leisure--not because my only other decent choice is the pistol.

• Well, I can say that I got through all of ME2 with only using the pistol. I did pick up a sniper rifle at the very end of the game when you get the option to pick one of three weapons as an additional one, but I only really used it to take out Harbingers as soon as Mordin got rid of their armor and Garrus got rid of their shields.

• I've been playing Borderlands 2 a lot recently.

Add Comment