User Avatar Image

Who do you think was the most/least helpful group member?

posted by ZeroShoot on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

hey i'm just curious what you think about which group member was the most/least helpful.

I think Carley (if you chose her) was the most helpful member, since she saved my ass almost half a dozen times. Clem was helpful too, because she got us into some buildings like the Mansion or to the blowtorch in the station, and depending on your choices protected Omid or maybe even saved Molly.

I think Ben was the least helpful member of the group, because depending on who you blame for whose death he caused quite some. i partly blame him for 7 deaths, don't guess anyone could beat that :D

91 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rommel49 said:

The hatchet at the school is unforgiveable no matter what, it's barring a blood-covered door.

I meant more that I feel like it was a boo-boo in the game. There were a bunch of zombies clawing at the door; what happened, did they all disappear when Ben suddenly appeared on the scene?

• @Platinumb said: I meant more that I feel like it was a boo-boo in the game. There were a bunch of zombies clawing at the door; what happened, did they all disappear when Ben suddenly appeared on the scene?

Maybe they were attracted by other noises? We don't know what Kenny and Bree did. Maybe someone else in Savannah made a loud noise somehow. We don't know.

• @Platinumb said: They actually seemed to, as they stopped attacking the motel, at least until Lee and Lilly's "exploring" caused them to not get their bag of stuff.

Granted, I do think it would have been wise for Ben to let someone he trusted know he was being threatened and weezled by the bandits, but I have the sneaking suspicion Carley might have known.

I'm not talking about leaving the motel alone, I mean the fact that Ben was stupid enough to trust the Bandits that they both had his friend, and apparently that they'd give him up. That was the original reason Ben dealt with them, and it's a stupid one.

• @Platinumb said: I meant more that I feel like it was a boo-boo in the game. There were a bunch of zombies clawing at the door; what happened, did they all disappear when Ben suddenly appeared on the scene?

Oh, I just played the second episode again. Katjaa and Brenda went together in the house, when Mark was shot. :)

• @Robbingrobin said: Oh, I just played the second episode again. Katjaa and Brenda went together in the house, when Mark was shot. :)

at any rate, Mark whimpers to Lee "brothers" when Lee asks what happens to his legs. it's possible Brenda did "fix him up nicely" and while he's resting, the brothers do the dirty work. *cringe*

guess that aspect isn't that really important.

• @Robbingrobin said: Maybe they were attracted by other noises? We don't know what Kenny and Bree did. Maybe someone else in Savannah made a loud noise somehow. We don't know.

Actually, the bell rings right after Lee and Molly have their conversation about her sister (or not). Then Ben jumps out at them, causing all three to yell in surprise. Just because they weren't there at the time he took the hatchet out doesn't make it any less tupid. The door was locked, and covered in blood that hadn't been there when they escaped through it before. The zombies were still outside, they just lost interest after a good 20 minutes of not eharing anything. All it would take was one noise...say, a church bell, or a frightened shout, to bring the horde inside the school once that hatchet was removed.

• Most Helpful:
    Carley - "dead eye accuracy" and is perhaps the most trustworthy member of your group. Doesn't try and strat issues but initially tries to resolve them reasonably and with logic.

Least helpful:
    Toss up between Ben and Lilly.
    Ben: good intentions but gets a lot of people killed.

Lilly: was perhaps good to start off with but as soon as someone disagrees with her and the way she leads she acts irrationally. She refuses to sort out the traitor issue reasonably and personally kills Carley/Doug. Even though she is grieving and emotionally unstable, despite the warning she's not up for it she refuses to relinquish leadership and does not make the right decisions. Also she would rather kill someone out of spite (Carley) than try and keep the group together.

So yea I think I hate Lilly...

• Clementine saved the day multiple times.
    Carley was a sharpshooter. Lilly started gun training, and handled rationing. Doug was Macgyver. Katjaa was the team medic, and Chuck was my personal mentor. In the end I think every character except Ben proved they could be useful in some way before things started going south.

Say what you will about Larry, but him deliberately trying to kill Lee couldn't even cause as many problems as Ben did trying to be helpful.

• Best:Carley and Kenny
    Worst:Larry and Ben

• Clem is useless, she got Lee killed.

Add Comment