User Avatar Image

Ben

posted by Platinumb on - last edited - Viewed by 823 users

Why the constant hatred?

89 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Platinumb said: He was scared of Lilly. That doesn't justify him not telling others, but I have an inkling he might have told Carley (if you saved her). She was also up high, watching, even without a gun, in the direction of the "X." And she defended him from Lilly's accusations.

Also, he wasn't a moron. He made up a communication system for the bandits that could have easily been deduced as the kids' scribbles.

He WAS cowardly in the face of imminent danger.

Speculation of Carley knowing is grabbing at straws. No sense in hypotheticals either.

When the Bandits broke in, she obviously wasnt on the balcony as she was before, because she was held at gun point on the ground. If the bandits yelled for her to come down the others, like Lee and Lilly would have known something was up before they found out later.

He drew an X with pink chalk. He through a piece of equipment valued by the group (Flashlight) in the garbage for anyone to see. He left a Scuff of pink chalk leading out of the gate. Yes he was definitely not a moron.

People tell you who they really are when they are faced with a difficult situation. If Ben was a coward when it mattered most... I would not trust that prick with my child.

• @J_Scheff said: If Ben was a coward when it mattered most... I would not trust that prick with my child.

What does Lee trusting only Ben with Clem say about Lee, then? ;)

• @Platinumb said: What does Lee trusting only Ben with Clem say about Lee, then? ;)

Im confused about when you are talking:confused: I (Lee) never once told Ben that I trust him, and especially not with Clem. :D:o:):(:rolleyes:

I also never noticed the smiley buttons lol

• @J_Scheff said: Im confused about when you are talking:confused: I (Lee) never once told Ben that I trust him, and especially not with Clem. :D:o:):(:rolleyes:

I also never noticed the smiley buttons lol

Lee yells at Ben about not watching Clem regardless of whether or not you entrust him with doing so, though, no?

• P.S. Smiley buttons are the best way to communicate on the Internet :p

• @Platinumb said: Lee yells at Ben about not watching Clem regardless of whether or not you entrust him with doing so, though, no?

Haha well its a given. Its everyones responsibility to keep Clem Safe. If Lee cant get to her in time, whoever is closest is responsible for her safety. I would be pissed if my little girl was trapped with someone and they just left her for dead. If im not around to protect my girl, i will trust that the member of my group will. And if they dont :mad: They better pray to whoever they believe in because I wouldnt have just yelled at Ben for leaving my girl out to die, I would have beat him to a pulp. :mad:

• @J_Scheff said: Haha well its a given. Its everyones responsibility to keep Clem Safe. If Lee cant get to her in time, whoever is closest is responsible for her safety. I would be pissed if my little girl was trapped with someone and they just left her for dead. If im not around to protect my girl, i will trust that the member of my group will. And if they dont :mad: They better pray to whoever they believe in because I wouldnt have just yelled at Ben for leaving my girl out to die, I would have beat him to a pulp. :mad:

I meant when you actually yell at Ben for not watching her.

Granted, she "escaped" when he was helping Christa drag Omid up the stairs, so I think Lee should have been yelling at Kenny for getting drunk and not being the one to help drag his ass up.

• I wasn't all that mad at Kenny. Out of everyone in the group, he was the one who would be most likely to end up with a bottle. His family died just the day before, and he learned they were all fucked. Christa needs to take care of Omid, leaving Ben. The guy who I specifically instructed to watch over Clementine while Ken and I were down by the river. Yeah, I picked that dialogue option. He had to start making up for the shit with the bandits and leaving Clem in the street. So, figuring the house was as safe a place as any to let my adopted 9-year-old hang around an idiotic, cowardly, traitor, I certainly was surprised when she showed up on River Street. Not that I needed her help anyway, after taking Molly down like a boss.

As Lee said to Ben when he got back : "You had one job." And then he said he let her play outside. In the backyard. Alone and unsupervised. Surrounded by walkers. Being stalked by a mysterious entity likely hell-bent on killing us all, then kidnapping Clem. And this was after letting her get out and wander around a walker infested city all by herself. Then he tells me to lay off. I had it with him then.

• @The Fallen said: The Bandits didn't attack before, they just harassed them (arrows in the wall). It also made a huge difference that it was Ben on watch who was expecting them and so didn't raise the alarm. Had it been Carley or Lilly they probably wouldn't have got close.

Actually, there's bullet holes in the wall too; one doesn't waste ammunition they can't readily replace for weeks (timeframe given by Kenny) unless they're pants on head retarded or actually attacking.

@The Fallen said: It seems that most of what Ben took for the bandits were hard drugs like Oxycontin for them to get high off of, not so much food or "necessary" medicine.

Having drugs to relieve pain would be nice, but not necessary to heal someone from bad injury or illness.

The very first thing Lilly lists as being stolen are antibiotics. Those are going to be absolutely vital in a survival situation, and once they're gone, they're gone - the store shelves ain't getting restocked.

Even stuff like narcotics could be necessary depending on the situation; if someone's in enough pain, they can't function at all. Best case, that means an unproductive member of the group that's a drain on resources and morale while moaning and curled in the fetal position; worst case, that person's dead if they need to move in a hurry - there's a reason medics in the military still carry morphine and DARPA's working on a new auto-injector system for individual troops to self-administer the stuff themselves.

• @Rommel49 said:

Even stuff like narcotics could be necessary depending on the situation; if someone's in enough pain, they can't function at all. Best case, that means an unproductive member of the group that's a drain on resources and morale while moaning and curled in the fetal position; worst case, that person's dead if they need to move in a hurry - there's a reason medics in the military still carry morphine and DARPA's working on a new auto-injector system for individual troops to self-administer the stuff themselves.

Touche.

anyone know why the bandits only wanted meds, and not food, btw?

and why they wouldn't want to take over a protected fortress instead of live in the woods, vulnerable? any theories?

Add Comment