User Avatar Image

Is Lee's death/zombification inevitable?

posted by Juicymarmalade on - last edited - Viewed by 6.8K users

This is probably a stupid question since nobody in the Walking Dead universe has survived a walker bite but just curious. Is there no way he can just chop off his hand or does the bite spread very quickly? I just don't want him to die because he seems like the only one who can take care of Clementine and it would seem weird for someone like Kenny to do it. Unless her parents are alive, which I doubt.

Also, how come he wasn't already feeling ill after the bite? Duck started feeling down right after they left the motor inn on the RV while Lee was able to talk normally and make the trip to the morgue to find Clementine.

So yeah, is he hopeless or is there a slim chance the devs will defile the lore and get him cured?

114 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Except they're two mirror opposite crescents
    And if it was a surface abrasion. Lee would be the first to know.
    He most definitely reacted like it was a bite.
    The fear and despair evident in his voice.

We even heard a juicy chomping sound..
    There really is no denying it...

• @LokiHavok said: Except they're two mirror opposite crescents
    And if it was a surface abrasion. Lee would be the first to know.
    He most definitely reacted like it was a bite.
    The fear and despair evident in his voice.

We even heard a juicy chomping sound..
    There really is no denying it...

Playing Devil's Advocate here... The fear and despair could easily be from worrying about Clem. The stress was adding up. Clem was gone, her hat was in the yard, the radio was on the street, and he just had a very close encounter with a walker. With all the adrenaline and emotions rushing through him, I doubt Lee could feel much of anything other than fear and despair. The marks may just be spattered blood, and Lee assumes the worst because of all the other bad crap happening right then.

I can't wait for Ep5 to find out!

• Alright Al Pacino.
    Explain the juicy chomping sound effects tho??? lol

• I think you may control a more mature Clementine due to the cliff hanger at the end ^-^

• As someone who will start on Five tomorrow after finishing 3 and 4 over the weekend I do think its possible Lee could survive but only if he is immune. I'm not caught up on the comics but to the point I've read there is no one that has been immune. However in all the diseases we have in the world that do not have a cure many have some people that are immune including Cancer. So it isn't far fetched that some people would be immune. That however is the only possible scenario I can see for Lee surviving. That is a bite mark clear as day. Even before he showed it I thought I saw the Walker get me. Losing Lee will suck. I have gotten rather attached to him....

• @Rock114 said: He COULD HAVE survived if his left arm had been immediately amputated, but it's been far too long since he was bitten for that to work. The group didn't even have anything to cut it off with, so as soon as that walker broke flesh Lee was a dead man.

Anyway, i think he died of blood loss, not the bite (if he chopped his hand). We can see this if we play both with arm and without arm. With arm he will pass out several times, when without hand, he will just... keep going...

• @Rambo297 said: Anyway, i think he died of blood loss, not the bite (if he chopped his hand). We can see this if we play both with arm and without arm. With arm he will pass out several times, when without hand, he will just... keep going...

Dude that was just Telltale giving you straws to grasp at...I remember rationalizing the bite saying the fainting spell in the hoard was just blood loss, but when Lee wakes up and you see his eyes...you know its over

Add Comment