User Avatar Image

Batman thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 6.0K users

With Batman Arkham City coming out yesterday (uk) and the 18th of October (usa) and with me finishing it yesterday i throught it would be cool to open a batman thread so go ahead and say anything you want about batman you can talk about the games comics movies anything batman you can even make reviews of it ill start

Review of Batman Arkham Asylum

Story - The Joker breaks out of arkham and lets Batman capture him and bring him back but as Batman thinks it was too easy and thinks Joker is up to something he is proven Right as Joker takes control of arkham and kills many guards unleashes all of the inmates with the help of Harley Quinn and the inmates being killer choc Scarecrow and more of the villians from batmans past and with the pain of the riddler who makes batman solve all his riddles..its gonna be one big night for the dark knight

Gameplay - just belive me this is one of the best comic book games and it feels like you really are the dark knight as you fight,do puzzles and solve riddles it is really good gameplay

Overall - it is one of the best batman games if not one of the best comic book games made and if you can i would say ether get it along with the sequel Arkham City or if you can find it just get it so Batman Arkham Asylum gets a 9.0

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Shadowknight1 said: I don't know how to feel about any of the New 52 stuff. While on the one hand, I am glad that Barbara Gordon is finally on her feet as Batgirl again(seriously, if BRUCE can rehabilitate from having his back broken, why can he not help her?), I am disappointed that they've seemed to retcon her years as Oracle and also eliminate Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain's Batgirls.



    I don't totally understand the New 52 reboot, but is there a chance that if she hasn't been Oracle in this timeline, that she might eventually become Oracle in the new timeline? They could retell that story in a new way, as comics are known to do (all the time)?

  • Saw Dark Knight Rises part 2 it was good but I still like the comic better.

    It also had very little of Byron Brassballs

    Byron_Brassballs.jpg

  • Just saw it too. My goodness was that fight between Bats and Supes awesome. Makes me wonder. I only know of two all out fights between these two and both that I know of happened outside of the standard DC continuity. Have they ever had it out in the regular continuity?

  • Does Hush count? That ended up as kind of a cop-out though.
    I know there was one before that too. I just don't remember where.

  • @Shadowknight1 said: While on the one hand, I am glad that Barbara Gordon is finally on her feet as Batgirl again(seriously, if BRUCE can rehabilitate from having his back broken, why can he not help her?), I am disappointed that they've seemed to retcon her years as Oracle and also eliminate Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain's Batgirls.


    I pretty much hate this aspect of it entirely. The concept of making her Batgirl again just really stinks to me.

  • @Rather Dashing said: I pretty much hate this aspect of it entirely. The concept of making her Batgirl again just really stinks to me.



    Might I ask why? If not for the entire stupid reboot, I would have no problem with her undergoing therapy and regaining the use of her legs and returning to crimefighting as Batgirl. If Batman can heal a broken spine, then why not Barbara as well? Not to mention how many times Charles Xavier recovered from similar injuries in the X-Men comics.

  • @Shadowknight1 said: Not to mention how many times Charles Xavier recovered from similar injuries in the X-Men comics.



    Was it something like this?

  • @Shadowknight1 said: Might I ask why? If not for the entire stupid reboot, I would have no problem with her undergoing therapy and regaining the use of her legs and returning to crimefighting as Batgirl. If Batman can heal a broken spine, then why not Barbara as well? Not to mention how many times Charles Xavier recovered from similar injuries in the X-Men comics.



    I've since read all current issues of A Death in the Family with Dashing, and I can pretty much confirm that Batgirl is awesome in every way because of her recovery. Her past, especially with Joker, has left scars on her, but not in the way you'd think. It's not a "oh no I'm traumatized help me please don't re-break my legs" way. It's an "I've been through hell and if you screw with me I will rip your teeth and gums out and and end your life in the most painful way I can think of" kind of way.

    She's back, but she's meaner, and angrier, and it's wonderful.

  • While that's great and all, from what I understand, the new timeline has so many holes in it. Both seemingly eliminating Oracle and the other Batgirls and screwing up the timeframe for Batman himself. From what I was told, in the New 52, Bruce has only been Batman for 6 years, and in that time has gone through Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, and Damian Wayne as his Robins. Which makes no sense because Damian would be older than 6 years, and I doubt Bruce knew Talia before becoming Batman.

  • I'll be honest, I was kind of hoping they'd roll back to, at least, Tim. I understand they wanted to keep Red Robin around, but I just was never a Damian fan.

Add Comment