User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 43.8K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So... the Steam version is also basically GOTY?

From what I gather on 1C's website, the standard version of Crossworlds requires Armored Princess to also be installed.

If that's true, then Steam offering The Legend, Armored Princess, and Crossworlds in their Platinum Edition is misleading because they're selling 2 games not 3, but one of them is being sold twice when you only really need the one version that has more content.

EDIT: I asked on GOG, and a mod there seems to think AP needs to be installed for Steam's copy of Crossworlds to work.

What confuses me is that most expansions on Steam have this:

INCVO.png

or similar, while Crossworlds does not say this on its store page. Also, I'm reading from multiple sources that Armored Princess is required, and yet Kuro tells me it's not.

• To stop the spam:

spotlight_image_english.pngspotlight_image_english.png

Daily deal

header.jpg
    Never heard of it.

• @Chyron8472 said:

or similar, while Crossworlds does not say this on its store page. Also, I'm reading from multiple sources that Armored Princess is required, and yet Kuro tells me it's not.

I dunno, maybe it's better to be safe. I bought the platinum edition or whatever it is on Steam, so I do have AP, though I only actually installed Crossworlds.

• Daily Deal:

capsule_467x181.jpg

66% off.

EDIT: And if I may put things to rest, here's the difference between the King's Bounty: Crossroads standard and GOTY editions.

The GOTY version includes Crossroads (and its two mini-expansions Champion of the Arena & Defender of the Crown), as well as Armoured Princess. However, AP also has its own mini-expansion, Orcs on the March, and THAT does not appear to be available anywhere else.

As it is, the GOTY version on GOG is rather overpriced, since the exclusive mini-expansion isn't all that amazing and the Platinum collection (both titles plus the first game in the series) is frequently on sale on Steam.

• http://www.greenmangaming.com/

has Lego Lord Of The Rings on offer (Steam key)
    and you can use their current 20% off coupon to lower the price even more.

Coupon:
    GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK

• Oh for fuck's sake, that's a good four quid less than I paid for it at Christmas.

Ah well, I can still get Dark Void Zero for under a quid. That'll make up for it, I guess.

• well for me it's 6.80€ instead of 25.

• Really? Wow. That's a damn good price for it.

EDIT: Fuck! I already OWN Dark Void Zero! Well, that's going in the Goodwill Thread then...

• User Avatar Image
    Syd

@der_ketzer said: http://www.greenmangaming.com/

has Lego Lord Of The Rings on offer (Steam key)
    and you can use their current 20% off coupon to lower the price even more.

Coupon:
    GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK

And bought. I've watched that game streamed around the time it was released and it convinced me to eventually get it for myself. Don't immediately dismiss it because it's a Lego game, it's honestly good.

• Most Lego games are good, to be honest. Indy 2 and Batman 2 are the only ones I'd say aren't, and even then they aren't bad, per se. They jjust have a few design issues.

Daily Deal:

capsule_467x181.jpg

50% off. I hear it's not bad, though I'm not a fan of stealth, so I guess I'll never know.

Add Comment