User Avatar Image

Why would Clem grow to LIKE LIKE Ben?

posted by Platinumb on - last edited - Viewed by 430 users

You know what I'm saying. Why do some of you see the potential for them growing into a love interest, had Ben lived to see her "loving" years?

(And if all you have to say is, there's nobody else left, all I have to say is: NO. Just no.)

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Kaserkin said: No, not only for that. Young girls tend to have crushes with older boys, and Ben is a nice, more or less good looking and older than Clem. The problem is that Ben wouldn't be interested in a 9 year old, boys his age like girls slightly younger than them, but 8 years his way to much.

She says Ben is "nice."

Whenever girls say a guy is "nice," that means they want to pat their heads and be nice to them. Not screw their brains out.

then again, most of you posting are probably older teen boys/young 20s men who know nothing of women, but take it from a woman: most girls/women who say a guy is just "nice" don't picture him as a suitable partner. you need way more traits than that, including not ditching us when we're in danger.

• @distortion said: Ewwwww. He's at least 8 years older than her. Which means when she's 18 he's 26. You see people doing that and you think he's a dirtbag bordering on pedophilia and she's dumb, naive, and being used. Zombies being everywhere doesn't really change that.

:/ my boyfriend and I got together at those ages.

we're still together 6+ years later.

• @Platinumb said: :/ my boyfriend and I got together at those ages.

we're still together 6+ years later.

Makes sense then that you would think a Clem and Ben pairing is actually an option, then.

• @distortion said: Ewwwww. He's at least 8 years older than her. Which means when she's 18 he's 26. You see people doing that and you think he's a dirtbag bordering on pedophilia and she's dumb, naive, and being used. Zombies being everywhere doesn't really change that.

Ehh... My best friend's mother was 27, and her father was 19 when she was born. When both partners are over 18, it doesn't matter anymore. It's not "pedophilia" if they are both legally considered as adults.

Still, I don't even want to think about Clementine with Ben, just no. It's too weird and stupid.

• Again, I never said she WILL fall in love with Ben, but in the eventuality that both of them survived long enough for Clem to grow up, then MAYBE she could have a crush on him. MAYBE. And if Ben wasn't interested, well, it wouldn't mean nothing.

• @distortion said: Makes sense then that you would think a Clem and Ben pairing is actually an option, then.

are you a moron?

I've been arguing that personality-wise, Clem would never go after Ben.

read posts before you presume to know what people think/feel.

• @Platinumb said: are you a moron?

I've been arguing that personality-wise, Clem would never go after Ben.

read posts before you presume to know what people think/feel.

My b. Your first post was a little ambiguous. But then I don't really know who, if anyone, was arguing for Ben and Clem...

• @Kaserkin said: Again, I never said she WILL fall in love with Ben, but in the eventuality that both of them survived long enough for Clem to grow up, then MAYBE she could have a crush on him. MAYBE. And if Ben wasn't interested, well, it wouldn't mean nothing.

If anything, I could see Ben starting to crush on an older Clem, and her patting his head and telling him, "We'll always be friends to the end, Benjamin."

whereupon he'd start whining, I gather..

• @distortion said: My b. Your first post was a little ambiguous. But then I don't really know who, if anyone, was arguing for Ben and Clem...

I was asking zev zev, Kaserkin, and anybody else who saw them as a potential item why they thought Clem would feel romantically towards someone as incapable as Ben... I don't see it. (Not that I don't like him, but he's a weak person, and Clem's strong. Usually that equates to wanting a strong partner, or at least someone semi-capable.)

• @Platinumb said: I was asking zev zev, Kaserkin, and anybody else who saw them as a potential item why they thought Clem would feel romantically towards someone as incapable as Ben... I don't see it. (Not that I don't like him, but he's a weak person, and Clem's strong. Usually that equates to wanting a strong partner, or at least someone semi-capable.)

Well then, I'm glad we agree. Sorry about all that.

Add Comment