User Avatar Image

You're f**king kidding me!

posted by tigerwolflover on - last edited - Viewed by 464 users

ok heres the ? did lee really so weak tht he could pick up a gun and shhot himself!?! i mean why tramatize the little girl who is pratically your daughter by making her shoot you. why couldnt he have her leave with the gun the room kill him self with the knife? then she would remember him ALIVE not dead?

p.s. i olny saw one ending so....yeah dont yell at me for saying tht he dosent have her leave the garage

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @DreadMagus said: Ok, now you're starting to annoy me.

    I'll go slow.

    You said that masking one's scent doesn't last long (as seen in E-5)

    I was pointing out that in that instance it was because it was starting to rain.

    Don't blame me for the fact that you were the one that shot down your own idea here.

    Your original point was that the herd outside wouldn't be an issue because she knew how to disguise her scent (leaving aside the lack of tools to open up a zombie, but I digress). It doesn't change the fact that it wouldn't have been effective since either a.) it either doesn't last all that long, or b.) it's raining outside, which means it wouldn't work at all.

    It doesn't matter which of the two reasons is correct. What does matter is that she couldn't effectively disguise her scent in that scenario; that was the whole point.

  • Are you really this obtuse?

    The herd isn't going anywhere - period. Unless something draws it away, it's there - end of story.

    The rain won't last forever. Obviously.

    At the end we see Clem outside the city, still covered in walker guts.

    Can you honestly not connect the dots here?

    Come on, put those hamsters to work......

  • @DreadMagus said: Are you really this obtuse?

    The herd isn't going anywhere - period. Unless something draws it away, it's there - end of story.

    The rain won't last forever. Obviously.

    At the end we see Clem outside the city, still covered in walker guts.

    Can you honestly not connect the dots here?

    Come on, put those hamsters to work......

    Are you? Like I said, don't blame me for the fact you disprove your own argument here.

    Also, I'm not even sure it's raining outside; it looked like it might certainly, but we don't actually see any rain. Neither Clem or Lee look all that wet in the store, plus, if the rain were a factor, Clem wouldn't have had time to get Lee into the store in the first place (particularly since he passed out in the middle of the herd).

    That she's still covered in walker guts after the credits doesn't mean much, she was still covered in walker guts in the store, too (where it didn't work). Additionally, the pattern of the smear is identical to the one Lee originally made. And to reiterate, she had no tools for opening up a walker in the first place, a point which has never been answered. There's also the fact her hands aren't covered in blood and gore...

    Regardless, you're not helping your case here. :p

  • @Rommel49 said: you disprove your own argument here.

    I didn't, nor do I understand why you keep harping on this illusionary fact.

    So on that note, I think we're done here.

  • You guys, maybe the walker heard Clem and Lee talking and since she was walking around normally/breaking things/not acting walkerish, it could just *tell* she was alive from these factors, and it wasn't that the smell of death and guts had worn off of her :)

  • @Platinumb said: You guys, maybe the walker heard Clem and Lee talking and since she was walking around normally/breaking things/not acting walkerish, it could just *tell* she was alive from these factors, and it wasn't that the smell of death and guts had worn off of her :)

    Agreed. The walker starts raging immediately after Clem breaks the window and never stops afterward, so i think from that point on he realized he'd been had. ;)

  • Well keep in mind, it likely took a long time for a 9 year old little girl to drag 160-180 pounds of dead weight into a store.... by then the scent-mask obviously wore off... which stands to reason that it tends to last quite some time.

    I mean, how did she drag him anyway... sheesh.

    We'll call her mini-Hulk.

  • @DreadMagus said: Well keep in mind, it likely took a long time for a 9 year old little girl to drag 160-180 pounds of dead weight into a store.... by then the scent-mask obviously wore off... which stands to reason that it tends to last quite some time.

    I mean, how did she drag him anyway... sheesh.

    We'll call her mini-Hulk.

    oh, that's another thing Telltale did that made absolutely no sense.

    though this does go to show that regular movement instead of zombie hulking isn't enough to get their attention, maybe it was the window breaking/noise that attracted the zombie security guard to them.

  • @Rommel49 said: Fact 1) Clem already fully understands that walkers are dead people, she was able to simply leave her parents in the streets when she brings Lee inside. What does she say on the subject? "They're dead for sure".

    Fact 2) This is partially covered by fact 1. Additionally, thousands of walkers outside + gunshot = bad idea.

    Avoiding a threat entirely is just as good, if not better than dealing with it outright in her case. There's a reason state militaries have been teaching evasion and infiltration of some type for thousands of years.

    Morale's also a pretty weak excuse, her morale's going to be at the bottom of the barrel no matter what she does. The kid understands that damn near everybody she cares about is dead.


    I don't think avoiding a threat is at all good for Clementine...We've seen how she clams up when people she cares about are in danger...Gradually she gets better, shooting the walker when she's home alone with Omid and stabbing the stranger, but she needs to be able to kill loved ones. You saw her face when she found her parents, she was paralyzed until Lee fainted...By having Clementine shoot him, he's removing that mental barrier, which is cruel but will improve her chances of survival...There are no children in walking dead, you either survive or you don't.

  • @Neilny91 said: I don't think avoiding a threat is at all good for Clementine...We've seen how she clams up when people she cares about are in danger...Gradually she gets better, shooting the walker when she's home alone with Omid and stabbing the stranger, but she needs to be able to kill loved ones. You saw her face when she found her parents, she was paralyzed until Lee fainted...By having Clementine shoot him, he's removing that mental barrier, which is cruel but will improve her chances of survival...There are no children in walking dead, you either survive or you don't.

    That was my reason for telling Clem to shoot me, to force her to accept the fact that her loved ones can and often will die. Her not accepting that her parents were probably dead after months of no contact and the last known place they were at being overrun by the dead led her to run off with an obvious kidnapper in desperation. And even after seeing them as zombies she's begging for Lee to not be a walker. She still hadn’t fully accepted the gravity of losing the ones she loved.

    People freaking out about their loved ones being bitten or coming back as a walker was a constant problem through out the game. Kenny was in such denial about Duck being bitten he put everyone in danger and if Larry really was dead Lilly probably still would have done everything she could to stall the inevitable. (All though I still think Kenny could have spared another six seconds :p).

    If you let Clem just leave Lee there's always going to be that lingering doubt in the back of her head. Where she'll try and rationalize it where Lee might still be alive since she didn't watch him turn into a walker. Then that will turn to guilt, for leaving him behind. If she ever accepts it it'll turn to regret for not not putting Lee out of his misery. And then she'll have to go through this entire cycle all over again when she encounters another situation like this.

    Shooting Lee gives Clementine closure. She gets to say her goodbyes and will know beyond any shadow of a doubt that Lee is gone. It'll be painful, but it helps her face her worst fears, which will let her move forward to a point where she may be able to deal with these kinds of terrible situations on her own, which is important since Lee won't be there anymore to protect Clementine from them anymore.

Add Comment