User Avatar Image

Any one know why Katjaa killed herself?

posted by dancingwithvodka on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

Was it as simple as the fact that Duck was bitten and she couldnt live without him?

Dont your think she would have wanted to live for Kenny?

Thoughts?

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well think about it this way, what if Clem got bitten? Its hard to think about but what would you do? I would stay with her untill she dies and then stop her from turning into a walker. But then what? Whats the point of continuing if Clems gone? If I was all alone with no more family or friends around i would kill myself aswell. But this wasnt the case with katja, she shouldnt have done it. She still had some family and friends alive who she couldve helped.

• @double_u said: She was pretty distressed when she found out, so from her perspective, she probably lost Kenny already. Her husband is not the same man she used to care about. When Duck got bitten, that sealed the deal.

Yeah, and that's the time where Kenny needs her the most too..

• @AnnaSan said: I know I shouldn't say it, but I feel like she was being selfish. Yeah, her son is dying but what about Kenny? Did she even bother thinking about him, and with that situation, he probably feels the same as her but he doesn't like the thought of taking your own life. They already lost their son, and she just ends up killing herself to save herself from the emotional damage without thinking about the people who loves and cares for her. :\

Kenny said something similar to this in Episode 5.

• Why did Kat kill herself, eh? I'm pretty sure she didn't just go "YOLO" and pull the trigger once she got to the clearing. She just couldn't handle the way everything was changing. You can see that at first in Episode 2, where she snaps at Lee while trying to fix up David/Travis. She wears a permanent frown in Episode 3, and even says that "everything is changing so fast". Once Duck got bitten, that sealed the deal. She was already struggling with everything that had happened to the group, like being held hostage by cannibals, and Kenny changing the way he did, so Duck was the one thing she had that stayed the same from before the apocalypse to after. When he got bitten, it couldn't have ended any other way.

• She had a kid and a husband to worry about, and an undead being takes a bite out of her kid. Her only options are to have him shot in the brain or leave him to turn.

I do think she shouldn't have committed suicide simply for her husband if not for herself. Not only did he watch his kid get shot in front of him- but his wife, too? You can't stop someone from committing suicide but she at least could have done it someplace private as to not traumatize her husband further... Which makes me sound cold but I'm not. I can relate to her on a smaller scale.

• Yeah that was pretty cold of Kat...Kenny is already visibly distressed even before duck gets bitten...She acts as his moral compass of sorts, and her suicide ultimately causes him to sacrifice himself needlessly in chap 5...at least with ben

• @Neilny91 said: Yeah that was pretty cold of Kat...Kenny is already visibly distressed even before duck gets bitten...She acts as his moral compass of sorts, and her suicide ultimately causes him to sacrifice himself needlessly in chap 5...at least with ben

The Ben one was pointless. Christa's made sense. He saved her, and she probably had more to live for with a Omid and a baby on the way.

• The Ben one wasn't pointless IMO. Kenny became a stronger man by finding it in his heart to forgive the person he felt was at fault for his family's deaths. In doing so, he also finds a way to make amends for failing to save Herschel's son (and his own).

• @Platinumb said: The Ben one wasn't pointless IMO. Kenny became a stronger man by finding it in his heart to forgive the person he felt was at fault for his family's deaths. In doing so, he also finds a way to make amends for failing to save Herschel's son (and his own).

It was pointless because Kenny had ten years to shoot Ben in the head in that alley way and casually climb up the ladder with Lee. I spent half a minute alone arguing with him to come up the ladder, and I'm not counting the time before the zombies started hoarding around us...If Kenny wasn't trying to commit suicide as a way to atone for his failures he would have said " I forgive you Ben, its going to be alright, i won't let them get to you" and then shot Ben giving Ben and Kenny the closure they needed without Kenny becoming a zombie lunchable

• I think Kenny redeems himself in the Christa version just as well. I mean, he hates her on a Lilly scale. He still goes down to save her, and pretty much pulls a Chuck by disappearing with his last words being "I'll be fine".

Add Comment