User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 17.2K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Platinumb said: My dream plot is that Duck and Ben return from the dead, and Duck and Clem adopt Ben as their foster child.

not sure if serious... or trying to be funny..

• some of you posters are rather hostile.

that would be an amusing parody. -_-

• I have not read much but a few replies. I don't care about others replies either.
    Just got the game and almost finished it for the second time now.
    Man what a great game, probably the best game i have played since resident evil 3 back in the days. But damn! I know you wanted to add some extra drama on the end but how you gonna make the next season appealing when you let Lee die! the person we are all so f*ing attached to. And ofcourse clem, the precious girl we protected along the road.
    I do hope you come up with something good like, she grazed his head instead of hitting him full and immediately walked away. Then he wakes up and the adventure continues. Make it a miracle that he did not die and come up with an explaination (scratch did not infect him, was from that wooden board not form the zombie, he was just terribly sick of infection or something) as long as he comes back. Period. For the rest you can decide whatever you do ofcourse. :)

• Hello Folks,

Just registered straight from Holland to tell that this game is the best game i have played since resident evil 3. And in fact this one is tenfold as good. :D
    But damn, Telltalegames how could you take away Lee!?! The person everyone is so attached to. I really want to see a season 2 as long as we get to continue with Lee and eventually Clementine again! Make it so that Clem Grazed him instead of hit him full in the head because she didn't look while she fired. Then Lee wakes up and realize he was not bitten at all but it was merely a scratch from the wooden board and he was just been terribly sick from infection that healed for whatever reason you come up with. The rest you can be creative again but don't do this to me, don't do this to me man :eek: Don't take Lee or Clem from me. :)

• @Ap0c NL said: Hello Folks,

Just registered straight from Holland to tell that this game is the best game i have played since resident evil 3. And in fact this one is tenfold as good. :D
    But damn, Telltalegames how could you take away Lee!?! The person everyone is so attached to. I really want to see a season 2 as long as we get to continue with Lee and eventually Clementine again! Make it so that Clem Grazed him instead of hit him full in the head because she didn't look while she fired. Then Lee wakes up and realize he was not bitten at all but it was merely a scratch from the wooden board and he was just been terribly sick from infection that healed for whatever reason you come up with. The rest you can be creative again but don't do this to me, don't do this to me man :eek: Don't take Lee or Clem from me. :)

Lee is dead, confirmed.

Deal with it.

• @Riadon said: Lee is dead, confirmed.

Deal with it.

Yep, I like to pretend he's not, but the storyline has him dead

• Lately, I've been thinking that the 2 figures in the back are Vernon and the black dude..I hope not tough (?) :)

• Vernon is on a boat... so no. Molly, Omid, Christa or Officer Andre (scraping Barrell I know) are possible. Bar new charecters ofcourse

• Maybe I am too hopefull. Youfigure tell tale games will make a season 2 ASAP. That will make him boat loads of cash. Who's up for next season of the walking dead.

• It can't be Omid and Christa. The two figures are: a short, obese one and a tall, lean one. Christa might be very pregnant now, but she's taller than Omid (not shorter). I'm betting on new characters.

Add Comment