User Avatar Image

Mankind or Clementine?

posted by zev_zev on - last edited - Viewed by 4K users

Please read before vote.
Just a my fiction, but if in the final season (Ending of Clementine story) we got a vaccine ( I know that Robert Kirkman says that naver happen in TWD world).
So you got a vaccine in our equipment, this vaccine can help newborn children to be be uninfected forever (only newborns). Vaccine works this way: If pregnant woman will injecting vaccine to her stomach at the second month of pregnancy, then her child will be uninfected forever, if he dies he will not turn, but bite is still deadly.
You flying away from military base who was attacked a horde of walkers, you planning to flying by big cargo plane with Clementine, and with pregnant girl-pilot ( for example Lilly who has got romance with main character, and gets pregnancy from him few days ago; Now is the first month of pregnancy ). Plane are ready to take off , but the cargo compartment is full of walkers. Clem, you, and pilot are in cockpit, you have closed the door to cockpit, and walkers can't get you in here. The engines included, you sit on second pilot place, and pull back on the steering wheel. The plane begins to take off. A pregnant girl-pilot opened the cargo compartment, and a lot of walkers are falling out of the plane. Suddenly door to cockpit has busted, and some walkers were going inside. Clementine pulled out a gun (Colt M1911) and says:
-"Don't worry I'll take care of this"
- You: "What? Hell no. That's dangerous, you can't do that! Sit here!"
- Clementine: "Of course I can, I'm ten years old, remember?" *smiles*
*bang* *bang*
The plane quickly begins to gain in height, and is tilted upward at a sharp angle. The last walker to enter the cockpit grabs Clementine by the leg. In a frantic moment, she grabs the handle to the cockpit door in a desperate attempt to stay alive, but not before forever losing her precious baseball cap to the current.
-Clementine: Aaaaaah... Aaaaah. HELP! PLEASE!
- You: "HOLD ON CLEM!"
You shoot the walker from your rifle, and caught her by her hand, you hold her in two hands.
*sad music starts* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iOiBH4xIbg
-Clementine *nearly crying*: "PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T LET ME GO!"
-You: "I hold you! Do you hear me?! I hold you! It's ok hun, it's ok, just hold on!"

Ampoule with vaccine are falling out of your pocket. *Time slows down* ( as like drugstore when you must choose Carley or Doug).

If you attempt to catch the ampoule with one hand, you are unable to hold onto Clementine, because you had got a bullet wound on your left shoulder one week ago. And so your precious symbol of innocence is lost forever.

If you continue to hold Clementine, the ampoule containing the vaccine falls out of the plane, effectively dooming the human race to a continuous cycle of infection.

You've got six seconds to make a choose *in slow motion* before the ampule wjth vaccine will falling out of you pocket.

If you will do nothing in this six seconds, Clem will noticing that ampule are falling out. Then she will looking to the vaccine, and saying "Goodbye", she will relaxing her hand, and falling down. You will catching ampule, then you will trying to grab Clem's hand, but it will too late.

What would you choose?

397 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Robbingrobin said: For real? How intelligent are you? The vaccine is a god fucking pipe dream. It won't help with anything.

it's a hell of a lot more realistic than an actual ZA. Why won't it help?

• @Platinumb said: you people are nuts. I'd choose Clem over a baby. A baby has zero chance of surviving on his/her own; Clem has a possibility.

It's more than one baby moron.

• Clementine is pretty selfish if she expects you to save her over mankind.

• Seriously people, how you imagined the vaccine? Like a magic potion which in an instant heal all people and kill all the walkers?

• @zev_zev said: Seriously people, how you imagined the vaccine? Like a magic potion which in an instant heal all people and kill all the walkers?

It's better than nothing.

• @Nuked said: It's better than nothing.

That's what I'm talking about! A small chance for the rebirth of humanity.

• @Nuked said: Are you serious? People are dying 50+ years earlier than they would otherwise. I don't care if it's my damn brother, I'm not risking the extinction of the human race for 1 person. Especially one who may very well just die the next day. Hopefully you're never put in charge of anything important.

Ok. So lets look at this in a statistical way. Before Modern Meds and certified doctors, There were 500,000+ pregnancy deaths a year for women during childbirth. There were 700,000+ Child deaths during childbirth every year. And this is before our Population was 6 Billion making these statistics even more powerful.

So now, 80ish percent of our population is dead, similar to the black death plague in Europe. Only now, the dead come back to eat the living. You really think that saving the vaccine is our way out of this mess? Even if we do get the vaccine to the military base, where does that leave us?

We are assuming that there are modern meds and certified doctors in that military base, and we are assuming there are a bunch of 5 month pregnant women there too. In reality tho, that would not be the case. There may be some scientists and some military medics who are trained for wounds not assisting giving birth. And there would not be a secret stash of 5 month along pregnant women ready to have their babies injected.

But lets say the military base does have doctors, and meds, and maybe a mom or two that find this base and are let in. Sweet. But how do we know they are at the right base? There are hundreds of bases across the US. And no form of communication linking them together

Not to mention it is tough for pregnant women to travel long distances, and many would be nowhere near a secret military base, and even if they were how would they find it. Its secret after all. And many bases will have already been overrun like the one that made the vaccine. Many women would end up giving birth on the road, without doctors and without modern meds. But even if a few did survive they would be crying, starving and attracting walkers, and they would already be born with the virus so who cares?

How many cures have we found for Cancer? And we have been working on that for years and years. Some vaccines for other diseases work on certain people but not on others, how do we know it will actually work on others? Plus to find that out, they would have had to test it on 50+ babies, and if that is the case, the vaccine in the vial is not too important because they can duplicate and recreate a vaccine using someones blood who has been cured already.

And what is to stop this military base with the vaccine from being overrun like the other one was?

When it comes down to it, its all about statistics. The odds of everything that I mentioned before working out flawlessly in a ZA are next to none. The odds however at saving a 9 year old child are greatly, greatly increased.

• @J_Scheff said:
    Plus to find that out, they would have had to test it on 50+ babies, and if that is the case, the vaccine in the vial is not too important because they can duplicate and recreate a vaccine using someones blood who has been cured already.

I was wrote earlier, that those scientists who knowed the formula of the vaccine, and their subjects, and all the people on the military base are dead.

• @J_Scheff said: When it comes down to it, its all about statistics. The odds of everything that I mentioned before working out flawlessly in a ZA are next to none. The odds however at saving a 9 year old child are greatly, greatly increased.

And what's the chance of that 9 year old surviving the next year?

• @Nuked said: And what's the chance of that 9 year old surviving the next year?

Like I said, It is far more likely for a 9 year old to survive than everything mentioned before working out perfectly. The odds are against both the vaccine and the 9 year old. But when you asses the situation its far more likely that a girl who has seen what she has seen, and done what she has done to survive a long time, especially if she is with a guardian like "Steve". She has already survived a long time, probably about 9 months or more with Lee. Now she is with Steve and they are in a plane. They could fly to an island and live out the rest of their days in peace for all we know. Clem could live to be 90. But what we do know, is that the odds of the vaccine actually saving humanity is NEXT TO NONE.

Add Comment