User Avatar Image

Mankind or Clementine?

posted by zev_zev on - last edited - Viewed by 3.3K users

Please read before vote.
Just a my fiction, but if in the final season (Ending of Clementine story) we got a vaccine ( I know that Robert Kirkman says that naver happen in TWD world).
So you got a vaccine in our equipment, this vaccine can help newborn children to be be uninfected forever (only newborns). Vaccine works this way: If pregnant woman will injecting vaccine to her stomach at the second month of pregnancy, then her child will be uninfected forever, if he dies he will not turn, but bite is still deadly.
You flying away from military base who was attacked a horde of walkers, you planning to flying by big cargo plane with Clementine, and with pregnant girl-pilot ( for example Lilly who has got romance with main character, and gets pregnancy from him few days ago; Now is the first month of pregnancy ). Plane are ready to take off , but the cargo compartment is full of walkers. Clem, you, and pilot are in cockpit, you have closed the door to cockpit, and walkers can't get you in here. The engines included, you sit on second pilot place, and pull back on the steering wheel. The plane begins to take off. A pregnant girl-pilot opened the cargo compartment, and a lot of walkers are falling out of the plane. Suddenly door to cockpit has busted, and some walkers were going inside. Clementine pulled out a gun (Colt M1911) and says:
-"Don't worry I'll take care of this"
- You: "What? Hell no. That's dangerous, you can't do that! Sit here!"
- Clementine: "Of course I can, I'm ten years old, remember?" *smiles*
*bang* *bang*
The plane quickly begins to gain in height, and is tilted upward at a sharp angle. The last walker to enter the cockpit grabs Clementine by the leg. In a frantic moment, she grabs the handle to the cockpit door in a desperate attempt to stay alive, but not before forever losing her precious baseball cap to the current.
-Clementine: Aaaaaah... Aaaaah. HELP! PLEASE!
- You: "HOLD ON CLEM!"
You shoot the walker from your rifle, and caught her by her hand, you hold her in two hands.
*sad music starts* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iOiBH4xIbg
-Clementine *nearly crying*: "PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T LET ME GO!"
-You: "I hold you! Do you hear me?! I hold you! It's ok hun, it's ok, just hold on!"

Ampoule with vaccine are falling out of your pocket. *Time slows down* ( as like drugstore when you must choose Carley or Doug).

If you attempt to catch the ampoule with one hand, you are unable to hold onto Clementine, because you had got a bullet wound on your left shoulder one week ago. And so your precious symbol of innocence is lost forever.

If you continue to hold Clementine, the ampoule containing the vaccine falls out of the plane, effectively dooming the human race to a continuous cycle of infection.

You've got six seconds to make a choose *in slow motion* before the ampule wjth vaccine will falling out of you pocket.

If you will do nothing in this six seconds, Clem will noticing that ampule are falling out. Then she will looking to the vaccine, and saying "Goodbye", she will relaxing her hand, and falling down. You will catching ampule, then you will trying to grab Clem's hand, but it will too late.

What would you choose?

397 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @zev_zev said: I was wrote earlier, that those scientists who knowed the formula of the vaccine, and their subjects, and all the people on the military base are dead.

So if everyone is dead at that military base, what makes the next one safe and the hope for humanity? If they can fall from a heard of walkers just the same, who is to say the new base wouldnt be overrun just as easily and kill everyone, even the vaccinated babies?

• @J_Scheff said: So if everyone is dead at that military base, what makes the next one safe and the hope for humanity? If they can fall from a heard of walkers just the same, who is to say the new base wouldnt be overrun just as easily and kill everyone, even the vaccinated babies?

True. There is no guarantee that will be able to use the vaccine, to begin a slow recovery of civilization.

Let's see what is Clementine as a character, what is she represent? Clementine - is the personification of hope and all the good that's left in the world, like Lee said. If she dies, then along with she die the death of hope.

What is a vaccine? The vaccine is real hope in the hands of "Steve". He (we) are keeping in the hands of two kinds of hope, but what he should to save?

• If it's guaranteed the cure will work and it can save every newborn, then the vaccine.

If not, Clem.

• @zev_zev said: True. There is no guarantee that will be able to use the vaccine, to begin a slow recovery of civilization.

Let's see what is Clementine as a character, what is she represent? Clementine - is the personification of hope and all the good that's left in the world, like Lee said. If she dies, then along with she die the death of hope.

What is a vaccine? The vaccine is real hope in the hands of "Steve". He (we) are keeping in the hands of two kinds of hope, but what he should to save?

I will admit you are a good devils advocate on this topic. And you really make me think.

I am going to stick to my statistical point of view tho.

Lets say we can choose between hope that is around 50+ percent likely to survive, or we can choose a hope that is around 1% likely to survive.

What would the smart and most realistic choice be to maintain hope? Obviously the 50+ right? Well Clem is equal to the 50+ percent and the likelihood of the vaccine actually working the way it needs to is the 1%.

• @J_Scheff said:
    What would the smart and most realistic choice be to maintain hope? Obviously the 50+ right? Well Clem is equal to the 50+ percent and the likelihood of the vaccine actually working the way it needs to is the 1%.

Depressurization

Did you save Clementine against vaccine? [RIGHT]You and 53% players saved Clem[/RIGHT]

[RIGHT] IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII........ .........................[/RIGHT]

• Maybe the slow choice should start only after failing a QTE. It could be like the QTE of choking the stranger, but much, MUCH harder to do. This makes it possible for players to save both, but only those players who are really, REALLY determined.

• @Riadon said: Maybe the slow choice should start only after failing a QTE. It could be like the QTE of choking the stranger, but much, MUCH harder to do. This makes it possible for players to save both, but only those players who are really, REALLY determined.

No, I imagine this moment without QTE. You will need to either just simply click on the ampule who falling out of pocket, or by Clementine's hand. If we needing to pressing qqqqqqqqqqqq there will be no time to make a decision.

• @J_Scheff said: likelihood of the vaccine actually working the way it needs to is the 1%.

To end the ZA we first must kill off all walkers, then all old and sick people, so they don't get more, everyone over 60 dies, everyone over 40 who's in bad shape too, then we need to get every women there is left pregnant and with the vaccine we need to get sure the babies won't be infected anymore, then we need to raise the babies to the age of 20, teach them everything about survival and old world's knowledge as good as we remember it, then everybody who carries the infection has to die, and only THEN the ZA is over, and the vaccine fullfilled it's purpose, and I don't see any way this will work out, since there are over 7,5 thousand millions of people on our beautiful planet who could as well be 7,5 thousand millions of walkers :eek: .
    Seems pretty much like a longshot to me, so I'm for saving Clem, since mankind needs as many children as possible, because they potentially will live longer, so we'd need to protect them, besides that she can keep the spirit of a group up, that will help people to survive.

• @zev_zev said: No, I imagine this moment without QTE. You will need to either just simply click on the ampule who falling out of pocket, or by Clementine's hand. If we needing to pressing qqqqqqqqqqqq there will be no time to make a decision.

You didn't understand. I meant like you grab her just before she falls out of the plane and before she grabs the handle and have a chance to pull her in if you have ridiculous QTE endurance. If you fail, and you almost definitely will, she will fall out and grab the handle, and then things proceed as normal. If you succeed, you don't need to make the choice.

• @ZeroShoot said: To end the ZA we first must kill off all walkers, then all old and sick people, so they don't get more, everyone over 60 dies, everyone over 40 who's in bad shape too, then we need to get every women there is left pregnant and with the vaccine we need to get sure the babies won't be infected anymore, then we need to raise the babies to the age of 20, teach them everything about survival and old world's knowledge as good as we remember it, then everybody who carries the infection has to die, and only THEN the ZA is over, and the vaccine fullfilled it's purpose, and I don't see any way this will work out, since there are over 7,5 thousand millions of people on our beautiful planet who could as well be 7,5 thousand millions of walkers :eek: .
    Seems pretty much like a longshot to me, so I'm for saving Clem, since mankind needs as many children as possible, because they potentially will live longer, so we'd need to protect them, besides that she can keep the spirit of a group up, that will help people to survive.

So you are agreeing with me? You should have made this a reply to Nuked. lol He is the driving force being killing an innocent kid for a pipe dream.

Add Comment