User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 23.5K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    fusedmass BANNED

Maybe I am too hopefull. Youfigure tell tale games will make a season 2 ASAP. That will make him boat loads of cash. Who's up for next season of the walking dead.

• It can't be Omid and Christa. The two figures are: a short, obese one and a tall, lean one. Christa might be very pregnant now, but she's taller than Omid (not shorter). I'm betting on new characters.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@fusedmass said: Maybe I am too hopefull. Youfigure tell tale games will make a season 2 ASAP. That will make him boat loads of cash. Who's up for next season of the walking dead.

Telltale is making a season two of The Walking Dead. They announced it shortly before season one ended. There's no release date set yet though.

I'm up for a second season, since I really enjoyed the first.

The Walking Dead Season Two won't be released right away this year, though. Fables is up next, and should be coming within the next few months. It's a game about classic characters from literature in the real world, based on the Fables comics (which just celebrated their 10th anniversary last year). The Walking Dead Season Two will be coming sometime after that (or after the other announced/rumored games Telltale has in the pipeline).

• I hope its the next after Fables, to be honest. I am gonna buy Fables, probably, because the more buyers, the more budget they have for the next beloved season of our most awesome game! :D

• READ THIS BIG WALL OF TEXT FOR STUPID IDEAS AND GOOD ONES!!INCLUDES GIRLS WITH MALE NAMES, GAMEBOYS,LAPTOPS, SUICIDE AND PETS !Why dont we have a differ main other than clem, clem will be a cow to them until episode 4/5 and we will get to HATE her until she finally opens up or even you have to save billy or clementine. If you save clementine she opens up to you if you save billy,billy opens up to you? or maybe a christa and omid hate eachover thing because of X And Y happened and there is a choice between them? christa and omid will always say ' Who is right me or HER ' and Christa would say things to you like ' Omid is so stupid and ugly, dont you agree' if you say yes omid will hear you and you become PRO christa and if you say no Omid will like you more and christa will hate you if you stay quiet you will open your eyes a bit more ( like omids eyes ) and indicate he is behind christa. Maybe we could get a choice to shoot people and that would result in a game over? like christa sittiling down on a bench if you have a gun in your inventory you can shoot christa and christas new boyfriend ( or girlfriend ) will shoot you for that? Or maybe in a tense ' Talk ' if you say the wrong thing you get shot? Im hoping for a path situation where there is a path in a park splitting into 2 places and you choose left OR right if you go left X Dies and if you go right Y Dies? Maybe we could have a zombie attacking you and you can say things if you're surrounded by a group of people? A zombie X or Y ( depends where you went ) attacks you you could shout ' Run, dont worry about me ' ( Game over ) ' Help ' ( Omid/Christa comes to save you ) or Silence ( makes a season 1 zombie QQQQQQQQQQQE happen ) We should have a carley ( Christa ) Doug ( Omid ) Situation but like in a building and rubble collapses and christa and omid are grabbing on to the edge of a building ( skyscraper ) and you choose? if you save christa she dies giving birth. if you save Omid he dies because his leg breaks ( his bone was made weaker in season 1? ) if you Watch them fall to their death they both lose grip and hold hands as they fall ( Determant Be neutral and always ask them to get backtogether and stuff ) when they fall THERE IS NO GAME OVER! maybe there could be a pool of water below them and now christa and omid are out to get you for letting them drop? or they die. maybe there should be a We found a working laptop ( keep it ) OR a gameboy or something - Changes a ton in the group, If you choose the laptop a girl called bob breaks it open in the middle of the night and gets a sharp part and kills herself with it. If you get the gameboy ( with headphones ) a girl named brad doesnt notice a incoming walker First person shooter mode activates and you have a choice to let brad die or save her. If brad dies she comes back to life and kills her brother, Doug. Doug was a invaluable member of the group he was carley but male version. even you go in a pet store you see a young puppy ( Insert most violent dog breed here ) or a old ( <-- Ditto) and you pick what one you want to keep because walkers are invading. if you save the puppy he sees a chew toy and you see there is a exit there, if you choose the old dog he attacks a girl called jeniffer gets bitten by the dog causing him to get eaten?

LAST ONE.

You find a girl in a market she sees you and calls you over you go over. She says her sister was bitten ( Was going to go with zombieland but thought, NAH ) do you waste the bullet and risk the noise ( just realised its kinda like irene, let me change it up more) or take her back to your base to shoot her OR you can leave her...

Why take her to the base?
    wouldnt you want to be shot if you were bitten?
    ( Insert something i cant think of here )

Why shouldnt you?

She could be from another group see how ' well ' ( determant) you're doing and come to attack

She may have a loaded gun on her

The bitten girl could come back in the car/van/truck ( Determant )

JUST SO MANY POSSIBILITYS IN THE WALKING DEAD! my brain hurts from all the rubbish ideas. Please Im begigng you at least read.

• @aaron1290 said: READ THIS BIG WALL OF TEXT FOR STUPID IDEAS AND GOOD ONES!!INCLUDES GIRLS WITH MALE NAMES, GAMEBOYS,LAPTOPS, SUICIDE AND PETS !Why dont we have a differ main other than clem, clem will be a cow to them until episode 4/5 and we will get to HATE her until she finally opens up or even you have to save billy or clementine. If you save clementine she opens up to you if you save billy,billy opens up to you? or maybe a christa and omid hate eachover thing because of X And Y happened and there is a choice between them? christa and omid will always say ' Who is right me or HER ' and Christa would say things to you like ' Omid is so stupid and ugly, dont you agree' if you say yes omid will hear you and you become PRO christa and if you say no Omid will like you more and christa will hate you if you stay quiet you will open your eyes a bit more ( like omids eyes ) and indicate he is behind christa. Maybe we could get a choice to shoot people and that would result in a game over? like christa sittiling down on a bench if you have a gun in your inventory you can shoot christa and christas new boyfriend ( or girlfriend ) will shoot you for that? Or maybe in a tense ' Talk ' if you say the wrong thing you get shot? Im hoping for a path situation where there is a path in a park splitting into 2 places and you choose left OR right if you go left X Dies and if you go right Y Dies? Maybe we could have a zombie attacking you and you can say things if you're surrounded by a group of people? A zombie X or Y ( depends where you went ) attacks you you could shout ' Run, dont worry about me ' ( Game over ) ' Help ' ( Omid/Christa comes to save you ) or Silence ( makes a season 1 zombie QQQQQQQQQQQE happen ) We should have a carley ( Christa ) Doug ( Omid ) Situation but like in a building and rubble collapses and christa and omid are grabbing on to the edge of a building ( skyscraper ) and you choose? if you save christa she dies giving birth. if you save Omid he dies because his leg breaks ( his bone was made weaker in season 1? ) if you Watch them fall to their death they both lose grip and hold hands as they fall ( Determant Be neutral and always ask them to get backtogether and stuff ) when they fall THERE IS NO GAME OVER! maybe there could be a pool of water below them and now christa and omid are out to get you for letting them drop? or they die. maybe there should be a We found a working laptop ( keep it ) OR a gameboy or something - Changes a ton in the group, If you choose the laptop a girl called bob breaks it open in the middle of the night and gets a sharp part and kills herself with it. If you get the gameboy ( with headphones ) a girl named brad doesnt notice a incoming walker First person shooter mode activates and you have a choice to let brad die or save her. If brad dies she comes back to life and kills her brother, Doug. Doug was a invaluable member of the group he was carley but male version. even you go in a pet store you see a young puppy ( Insert most violent dog breed here ) or a old ( <-- Ditto) and you pick what one you want to keep because walkers are invading. if you save the puppy he sees a chew toy and you see there is a exit there, if you choose the old dog he attacks a girl called jeniffer gets bitten by the dog causing him to get eaten?

LAST ONE.

You find a girl in a market she sees you and calls you over you go over. She says her sister was bitten ( Was going to go with zombieland but thought, NAH ) do you waste the bullet and risk the noise ( just realised its kinda like irene, let me change it up more) or take her back to your base to shoot her OR you can leave her...

Why take her to the base?
    wouldnt you want to be shot if you were bitten?
    ( Insert something i cant think of here )

Why shouldnt you?

She could be from another group see how ' well ' ( determant) you're doing and come to attack

She may have a loaded gun on her

The bitten girl could come back in the car/van/truck ( Determant )

JUST SO MANY POSSIBILITYS IN THE WALKING DEAD! my brain hurts from all the rubbish ideas. Please Im begigng you at least read.

Yeah. Rubbish.

• @aaron1290 said: Thanks...

No offense. I needed to read it a few times, to understand what you are saying, but even after I think I got the sense of the text in my head I was all like "Whut?"

The ideas are not bad in their essence, but they just don't fit to the game. Why should you shoot anyone? Lee would never do it point black, he was a good guy, and I think the new protagonist will be the same. When you just want to shoot random people, then do it.

And for example, the zombie thing. Even when you say "Leave me alone, I got that", you should get the normal quicktime event, since he would not just let him get bitten.

And these argument with Christa and Omid? They are a couple and not teenagers, additionally they have a baby together, so I don't think, they would fight like that.

And the girl names are strange?

I just think, you wanted to troll, now, and stop typing.

• @Robbingrobin said: No offense. I needed to read it a few times, to understand what you are saying, but even after I think I got the sense of the text in my head I was all like "Whut?"

The ideas are not bad in their essence, but they just don't fit to the game. Why should you shoot anyone? Lee would never do it point black, he was a good guy, and I think the new protagonist will be the same. When you just want to shoot random people, then do it.

And for example, the zombie thing. Even when you say "Leave me alone, I got that", you should get the normal quicktime event, since he would not just let him get bitten.

And these argument with Christa and Omid? They are a couple and not teenagers, additionally they have a baby together, so I don't think, they would fight like that.

And the girl names are strange?

I just think, you wanted to troll, now, and stop typing.

if i wanted to troll i wouldnt have of put all of that effort into writing..

• @aaron1290 said: if i wanted to troll i wouldnt have of put all of that effort into writing..

Good trolls do that kind of stuff.

Add Comment