User Avatar Image

Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

posted by itssas83 on - last edited - Viewed by 27K users

ok first things first, I have made this page in hopes of gathering some reasonable suggestions to making the possible BttF: Season Two more enjoyable, not so everyone can post whats been said a million times about the puzzle difficulty, so here goes...

Make Puzzles more Complex/Fun/Creative/Etc.. (its said, moving on...)

One thing I been thinking about a lot these past few days is Jurassic Park, and how it will be the first game that Telltale will give you the option, or misfortune, of dying. I was thinking that we can incorporate a similar concept into the BttF series, which i would like to call "Caught Scenes". In the next paragraph I take 2 examples of this concept and explore possible scenarios from season one.

1931, when you and Doc are getting ready to jump into the Delorean, Officer Parker walks up and tries to put an end to the fun. Well what if you failed to get the keys and jump in the Delorean in time, and Parker catches you. Would he shoot/arrest you and Carl Sagan, altering the future forever?

When you are back in 1931 hiding behind the tree, what would happen if you failed to lure your alt self away from that tree? "Caught Scene" begins of you coming face to face with your alternative self, breaking rule #1 of time travel, causing irreparable damage to the time space continuum?!?!

personally i have found that if your not allowed to generally suffer some type of consequences for your actions, and puzzles essentially play on a harmless loop, the game just becomes repetitive and kinda boring. As a BttF fan, i think this would also be an exciting and safe way to explore the consequences of time travel and paradoxes etc. without having to have it play into the actual storyline. this alone could lead to some really exciting ideas.

as we know from the "its a wrap" video, telltale listens to us at the forums and values our opinions. this is a great chance to give our two cents, for whatever it might be worth! even if they use just use one or two suggestions everything can make a difference!

612 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • When they first announced a Back to the Future game I wanted a Sam and Max season 2 episode 4 kind of game where you had around 5 different time periods and you had to work with to get items and change time

• For the love of god please make another BTTF game! And I can't believe nobody's thought about taking Marty and Doc... Back to the FUTURE!!

• @Jennifer said: Ha, that actually flew right over my head. You're right that the modern calendar starts at 1 AD. ...

Looks like you live in the wrong century.
    The modern calendar as defined in ISO 8601 does have the year 0 (which incidentally is what people stuck in the distant past would call 1 BC.)

Of course that ISO standard is from 1988, so a point could be made that Doc couldn't have known about it.

But since that is the only form of a calendar that coincidences with modern dates and allows to give a date to any day in the history, he might have been an early adopter.
    (Especially as all you have to do is not implementing special handling for calendar changes)

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Jennifer said: Ha, that actually flew right over my head. You're right that the modern calendar starts at 1 AD. ...[QUOTE=Krohn;763534]Looks like you live in the wrong century.
    The modern calendar as defined in ISO 8601 does have the year 0 (which incidentally is what people stuck in the distant past would call 1 BC.)

[/QUOTE]
    Well considering we're talking about 1986, it would have been the "modern" calendar then. :p

But in all seriousness, I didn't know about that. I thought we still used the Gregorian calendar. Interesting.

It's weird that most of my school years took place in the 1990's and none of my teachers ever mentioned that the BC and AD calendar system that was in all of the history textbooks was outdated.

As for Doc's 0000-9999 calendar system in the DeLorean, you're right, Doc does seem like the kind of person who would be an early adopter of a new system like that.

• Modern calendar? What is this "modern" calendar? Are we not living in 2013?

• @Shadowknight1 said: Modern calendar? What is this "modern" calendar? Are we not living in 2013?

LOL. Cue Robin Williams "What year is it?" pic.

• @Jennifer said: Well considering we're talking about 1986, it would have been the "modern" calendar then. :p

But in all seriousness, I didn't know about that. I thought we still used the Gregorian calendar. Interesting.

It's weird that most of my school years took place in the 1990's and none of my teachers ever mentioned that the BC and AD calendar system that was in all of the history textbooks was outdated.

As for Doc's 0000-9999 calendar system in the DeLorean, you're right, Doc does seem like the kind of person who would be an early adopter of a new system like that.

well actually 2000 years ago, there was no recognition of the number 0 in the counting system at the time.

There's other odd quirks to the calender in which doc may not have accounted for. For instance 10 days were skipped in the calendar in 1582.

To get to the point, it's very unlikely that if Christ existed, he was born on december 25th and/or in the years 1BC, 0, or 1 AD. Also even if he was, the delorean could not travel across space so the only ways to 'witness' the birth of christ would be to travel back in time, build a boat and sail across the ocean, or transporting the delorean to israel and traveling back.

• Lets try and get this back to a season 2 of Back to the future and not calenders and trying to figure out when Jesus was born hmmm... ;)

• Well, it's not like there's much to say. We've been hoping for at least a mention of it, but all we have is Christopher Lloyd saying that he's supposed to be doing more.

• @Shadowknight1 said: Well, it's not like there's much to say. We've been hoping for at least a mention of it, but all we have is Christopher Lloyd saying that he's supposed to be doing more.

yeah encouraging but it's been a year and a half since the last episode was released and literally no news other than that.

Add Comment