User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 43.4K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Daily Deal:

capsule_467x181.jpg

50% off. Funny how a Green-lit game is on sale so quickly, isn't it?

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Darth Marsden said: Most Lego games are good, to be honest. Indy 2 and Batman 2 are the only ones I'd say aren't, and even then they aren't bad, per se. They jjust have a few design issues.

Lego Indy 2 was the only Lego game I played, and it turned me off from the Lego games since I didn't like it that much. Hmm... maybe I should give them another chance with a different game.

Oh, I did play and I really like Lego Rock Band, but that one doesn't really count as it's just a Rock Band game with a Lego makeover. :p

• I've spent a lot of time on both Lego Harry Potters with my wife and a friend of mine, and loved it. Tried Lego Star Wars after a colleague recommended it to me, but we didn't really like it. Partially because it didn't seem near as puzzle oriented as Harry Potter, but mostly because no split screen made it really annoying to play.

Lego Lord of the Rings will be the first Lego game I play solo. It will be interesting to see what I think of it, since much of the fun of the Harry Potters was the social aspect of playing with others.

• You have to bear in mind that the games got better and more technically advanced as they went along. I believe Lego Indy was the first one with split-screen co-op, while Lego Batman introduced us to the selectable targeting system (though I could be wrong with those), so the games that came out before them feel much more basic by comparison.

Let's see if I can remember the releases in order...

Lego Star Wars
    Lego Star Wars II
    Lego Indiana Jones
    Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
    Lego Batman
    Lego Indiana Jones II
    Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4
    Lego Pirates of the Caribbean
    Lego Star Wars III
    Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7
    Lego Batman II
    Lego Lord of the Rings
    ...and the forthcoming Lego Marvel Superheroes, which I'm actually rather excited for. Lego Deadpool FTW!

So yeah, the earlier in the list you go, the more basic the games seem.

• That being said, I prefer LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy over LEGO Harry Potter 1-4, though I like LEGO Harry Potter 1-4 over LEGO Star Wars 1 (the is all probably because I love the SW OOT and dislike the prequels).

I have LEGO LOTR on Steam and LEGO Batman for Wii, but I haven't played them yet.

• I've got them all on the Wii and I've played most of them on the 360 for achievements. Like I say, I've only really got problems with two of them, but the evolution of the gameplay is very obvious if you try them all.

• I rather enjoyed Lego Pirates of the Caribbean. Especially its method of share/split-screen.

• Daily Deal is Portal 2, which is 75% off. I don't feel that this particular deal deserves an image, since it's hardly the first time it's been on offer and I seriously doubt it won't be again.

• Daily Deal's Terraria, which is 75% off. Get it if you don't already have it, etc.

Midweek Madness:

spotlight_image_english.png and spotlight_image_english.png

As has already been mentioned, it's been possible to get Lego LotR cheaper from GreenManGaming, so I guess if you wanted it on Steam, then you've already got it from there.

• Come on, The Cave, release already.

Add Comment