User Avatar Image

TT's King's Quest: R.I.P. (aka Really Improbable Project)

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 4.3K users

I've heard that they have problems with the Activision's rights. Any TT official news or reference about the game (aside this forum thread) was deleted. They had a placeholder website similar to the Fable one, and it's not available anymore.
The last statement about it was "The genre doesn't need us anymore".
No official comments on the forum aside Mods, the last one being one year old.

So.....
Telltale's King's Quest R.I.P.?
:(

279 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If they aren't making it, take down this website, so we aren't tortured wondering what is going to happen!

• @BagginsKQ said: If they aren't making it, take down this website, so we aren't tortured wondering what is going to happen!

Maybe that's the strongest bit of hope that they are doing the game - the forum is still up! :)

• I would love to see a comprehensive timeline of all the mentions of KQ by anyone related to Telltale.

• User Avatar Image
    exo

All timelines end with us dancing on the grave, so what difference does it make. Might as well put a timeline together for the invention of flying cars.

• @exo said: All timelines end with us dancing on the grave, so what difference does it make. Might as well put a timeline together for the invention of flying cars.

Makes it easier for people like me to keep track of the KQ news up to this point. Some people who visit this forum might want to, without having to read through all these comments, get up to speed on where things stand. It would be for clarity's sake and to get all info in one place. I know I would have liked to have seen something like that when I first stopped by here. Besides, there can't be that much to put in it, anyway.

• I'm thinking five announcments, news bits or interviews tops... or less? As well as any little side bits that might show what Telltale was working on, and delays.

• This is the darkest timeline.

• It must be, because I have a beard.

Bt

• User Avatar Image
    exo

a timeline is pointless when every piece of "news" has been incorrect to some degree so far. Why archive a tidbit that claims the game will be out in 2012 when obviously that didn't happen? Fact is, all that is known is there was a contract signed at one point to bring some of the sierra franchises to telltale starting with KQ, and that there was some initial research done in the beginning where they supposedly determined that the current TT model of the time wouldn't fit a KQ game.

Since then, anything could have happened.

• @exo said: a timeline is pointless when every piece of "news" has been incorrect to some degree so far.

It would simply be to summarize what we know/have been told in the interest of helping people who haven't necessarily been following this on a regular basis, but who still might be interested in KQ, to quickly see the history of the project, to the extent that the information has been made public. That is the point. Not everyone follows gaming news sites on a daily basis or communicates in adventure message board cliques.

I have seen people on other sites asking, essentially, "whatever happened to that Telltale KQ project?"

This discussion has been closed.