User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 91.9K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer, had a very shiny nose. It proved to be a tactical disadvantage, because it enabled me to punch him in the dark.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@lovetodo22 said: My grandmother, whom I had been best friends with my entire life had been having breathing problems for the past year was moved to hospice 2 days ago and died yesterday morning. Then my uncle lost his battle with leukemia and passed away today. Despair doesn't even begin to describe

My heart goes out to you. I'm really sorry to hear that.

• @lovetodo22 said: My grandmother, whom I had been best friends with my entire life had been having breathing problems for the past year was moved to hospice 2 days ago and died yesterday morning. Then my uncle lost his battle with leukemia and passed away today. Despair doesn't even begin to describe

I'm so sorry you lost your loved ones. My heart goes out to you.

• Thanks for the kind words everyone. I appreciate it. My grandmother's viewing is tomorrow

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

All my best wishes to you and your family as well! :(

hard to change the topic.

@Avistew said: Looking for more series to watch, as I'm still out of a job, and there is a lot of time left after you're done handing out resumes. What would you guys suggest that would be easily available (for instance on hulu or netflix)?

I would have a preference for comedy right now, as I've been watching a bunch of serious shows. I'm still catching up on Star Trek, which I watch with Sean, so something that isn't sci-fi would be appreciated as well, for more variety.

I have no idea what's on netflix, because Germany doesn't get netflix.
    But if you haven't seen these, look them up. They're all decidedly non-sci-fi.

Boston Public
    The high school where Ferris Bueller would be drugged and killed on day one. What the heavy social issues destroy, the teachers - here the heroes of the story - have to make up for with dedication and moral compass. One of the better David E. Kelley series, right up to the moment of mid season cancellation.

Gilmore Girls
    A VERY small town, mother and daughter as friends, a host of pop culture references and the looming doom of a noble heritage. Sometimes, there's no need for more elements. Seasons 1 to 6 were a blast - And they kept getting better with each Season. But don't ever watch Season 7! They kicked out the original writers and all went to shambles within a year.

The Good Wife
    Beautifully written, at least the first three Seasons (while Season 4 is still running, I wasn't particularly impressed with the first episodes I got hold of). There's always the "case of the week", but what really keeps you watching are the character developments. A former chief of justice imprisoned on charges of corruption - and it's mostly his wife's story, struggling to raise her children as a lawyer.

• Vainamoinen, these all seem pretty interesting, and I haven't watched any of them. I'll see if I can get a hold of one or more of them.

Thanks!

• 428836_442871695768677_2135755394_n.jpg

Less then a week till one of the most exciting events in WWE the Royal Rumble!

• The SPC games and pseudo lore series are HELLA FUN for anyone into indie projects with horro flavor. I spent hours last night in their website and watching the playthroughs of SPC Containment Breach.

• Once I was the puppet now I pull the strings.

• @coolsome said: Once I was the puppet now I pull the strings.

That's a marionette.

Even though calling it such would ruin the Metallica song.

This discussion has been closed.