User Avatar Image

iOS episode 2-5 download SOLUTION [unofficial]

posted by Magicpness on - last edited by MattP - Viewed by 19.4K users

Hurray, episode 2 finally came out!

...except, I'm having major difficulties downloading episode 2. I'm not sure what the issue is but some advice would be nice:

First, im in china. Second, I normally don't have iTunes download problems, but with the walking dead, each failed download attempt restarts the progress back to 0, unfortunately not saving any previous downloaded packets. Third, the error message repeatedly says 'I need to be connected to the Internet to download ...'. I'm connected to the Internet, tried multiple locations, all to no end. Is it server side?

I've downloaded up to 10+% multiple times to the point where if the packets were saved, I should have episode 2 by now. The connection drops at random speeds, random percentages, although it seems to drop the most between 10-25%. I haven't past 52% as of yet.

I figured, since I've waited this long, I don't mind waiting a few more days for episode 2, but to have the option to download it and not work is more infuriating than a non disclosed release date. Suggestions would be nice (iPad reset doesn't work. Don't want to redownload app due to losing game saves)

EDIT : Solution posted on page 4

62 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I can't download episode 2 on my PC ! The download seems to fail everytime at 52%. Then it restarts at 48%, and again, and again...
    I've restarted the game but it didn't helped.
    I've stopped my antivirus software and killed almost everything network-related in the task manager. I've even tried to attach my PC with a network cable, suspecting my wifi connection to be responsable.
    Please, help me !

======
    Edit : I finally managed to download episode 2, and episode 3, by bringing my PC to a place with a better internet connexion. But even there, I'd to restart the download multiple times to success.

• seriously there is no way to download ep2 on idevices?
    im tired to download it for 10000 times!!!!
    is there someone can help us?
    can we report this to the apple ?

• Today I finally downloaded the Ep2 after a week trying!

After several tentatives I noticed that some times that the connection error message appears my iphone (4S) lose the wifi connection and my phone was very very hot.

So I connect the dots... maybe the problem is related with overheating.
    It's make sense because:
    - The download is big (around 650MB) and intense wifi use warm the phone
    - The game is running (3d effects) in the background while the ep2 is downloaded
    - Normally the phone is connected to and power source.

All of these 3 actions combined makes the phone gets too warm.

Coincidence or not, i decided to remove my phone plastic cover and put the phone in a fresh place. So i could download the ep2 again with success!
    (some times I holded the phone to help the heat dissipation)

So if you still facing problems to download the Ep2 with your iphone try to do this!

PS: sorry by the grammar errors, english is not my primary language.

• Today I finally downloaded the Ep2 after a week trying!

After several tentatives I noticed that some times that the connection error message appears my iphone (4S) lose the wifi connection and my phone was very very hot.

So I connect the dots... maybe the problem is related with overheating.
    It's make sense because:
    - The download is big (around 650MB) and intense wifi use warm the phone
    - The game is running (3d effects) in the background while the ep2 is downloaded
    - Normally the phone is connected to and power source.

All of these 3 actions combined makes the phone gets too warm.

Coincidence or not, i dcecided to remove my phone plastic cover and put the phone in a fresh place. So i could download the ep2 again with success!
    (some times I holded the phone to help the heat dissipation)

So if you still facing problems to download the Ep2 with your iphone try to do this!

PS: sorry by the grammar errors, english is not my primary language.

• My Macbook Pro downloads episode 2 until 99% and has done it several times.... Im soon demanding af refund.... Or that you at least post the freakin abillity to download episodes on your webpage instead of inside the Game only....

• I bought the multipack, and when I go to get ep2 it says coming soon, no option to download. Contacted TTG but to no avail, no response. I have contacted Apple support to complain about these crooks. Waiting to see now if I here back from them.

• I'm experiencing the same problem. I'm getting to around 80-90% and then cuts off saying lost Internet connection. I really need help or advice, I have the iPhone 4 with iOS 6, I'm from the United Kingdom if that makes any difference. Plz help me!!

• *sigh* Can anyone help me with this very same issue on my iPad 3?

Just bought EP 2-5 and it always gives me that lost connection error as I try to download EP2.

• Uk same problem IPad this time won't download ep2......argh!

• Same problem. Bought episode 2 on my ipad ,keeps on downloading and im always stock on 99%. Been 3 days. Tried it for nth time, nada! grrrr!

Add Comment