User Avatar Image

Saving Ben

posted by Demopan on - last edited - Viewed by 771 users

While saving Ben, he says there's no time to save him. So why is it nothing bad happens if you save him. Here's what should have happened:

If you dropped Ben, Lee gets away clean, with no bite and survives episode 5.

If you save him though, Lee gets bitten on the way out. Ben survives through episode 5 as well, taking Lee's place.

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Platinumb said: I just meant Hitler commits suicide, and so does Crawford's leader.

I've been very ill with the flu, so forgive me if my sentence organization is mid-par.

No, I just didn't understand the comparasion. Many people committed suicide.

Oh, and the guy was called Crawford Oberson. The more you know.

• @Robbingrobin said: No, I just didn't understand the comparasion. Many people committed suicide.

Oh, and the guy was called Crawford Oberson. The more you know.

Well, the guy ran the place like Hitler...

thanks.

• @Platinumb said: Well, the guy ran the place like Hitler...

thanks.

Yes, he did.

• @Platinumb said: I don't think it's about his death as how he dies.

No one can prevent the alley death. Lee is part of the cause of the Crawford death, because he can prevent it.

I.e. it's not the what, it's the how and why.

I just wish, though. I liked Ben (as a character) and even though I hated him since he left Clem in the street, and nearly got us all killed at Crawford, it felt like a punch in the gut when I let him go. After seeing how he was in Episode 5, I genuinely wished he'd survived because he finally got his act together. Since I liked him so much (as a character) seeing him die (both times) really sucked, and made me wish TT had put in an option for him to live. The kid had his whole life ahead of him, and was finally starting to pull his own weight.

• @Rock114 said: I just wish, though. I liked Ben (as a character) and even though I hated him since he left Clem in the street, and nearly got us all killed at Crawford, it felt like a punch in the gut when I let him go. After seeing how he was in Episode 5, I genuinely wished he'd survived because he finally got his act together. Since I liked him so much (as a character) seeing him die (both times) really sucked, and made me wish TT had put in an option for him to live. The kid had his whole life ahead of him, and was finally starting to pull his own weight.

Ever since people started the whole Clem/Ben thing, I've wanted Ben to live just so we can have a scene where Clem lovingly pats Ben on the head and says she'll always think of him as a friend, but she doesn't see him as a boyfriend.

Telltale KILLED my dream.

• Letting Ben go is the stupidest decision on the game because the scene with Kenny forgiving Ben is a fantastic scene and much more touching than the one with Christa.

• @Platinumb said: Telltale KILLED my dream.

Telltale killed a lot of things. :(

All though not my wish of Clementine opening a door and going "Ta da!" I had actually wanted to see her do that since she opened the meat locker door and with Episode 4 I finally got it. :D

• @Platinumb said: I get that.

Notice how it's Crawford's leader, dead after committing suicide by hanging from the belltower ala Hitler-style, that grabs Ben at the last minute in an attempt to devour him...

How do you know that is in fact Oberson?

• @Drunk Kenny said: How do you know that is in fact Oberson?

You see posters of him, i dont remember quite well but the guy hange had hair while the Overseer was bald/balding or really short hair... and was BIG and badass like Larry but more fit.

• @Drunk Kenny said: How do you know that is in fact Oberson?

Someone looked at game's code and the rope that the walker hangs from was called "c_oberson" or something like that.

Add Comment