User Avatar Image

Dear god in heaven.

posted by Demopan on - last edited - Viewed by 935 users

These things are very simple. Stop making random theories, stop going off on huge tirades. These facts here are absolute. Get over it:

1. Carley and Doug are dead
2. Lee is dead
3. Kenny is dead
4. They are not coming back


I do not see what is so hard to grasp about these facts. Just get over it already.

72 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Riadon said: If you side with Kenny enough, he will tell Lee that he considers him family. He complains about suicide in general when he finds the couple in the bed, but then proceeds to put himself in a situation where he knew he would die.

    This was also after Lee had been bitten.

  • @Nuked said: This was also after Lee had been bitten.

    Doh.

  • I would also say Kenny justifies it to himself as a sacrifice, either for Ben or for Christa. The Christa version makes more sense but the Ben one does hammer home the fact that he was looking for an excuse to die without voiding those beliefs.

  • Believe it or not, Kenny being alive is more probably than you would think (although still unlikely). In an interview he did, Gavin Hammon (Kenny's VA) said that originally, it was VERY clear that Kenny died in the alley scene. But then TT pulled him back in to make the scene more somber and make Kenny sound just a bit more depressed, and aparently some edits that made Kenny's fate so unclear. They even took out a bunch of his death noises, so as it stands, don't count Kenny out just yet. (Everyone else? Go ahead.)

  • @Riadon said: If you side with Kenny enough, he will tell Lee that he considers him family. He complains about suicide in general when he finds the couple in the bed, but then proceeds to put himself in a situation where he knew he would die.

    It's different. I believe Kenny was talking about directly taking your own life. Shooting yourself, jumping off a building, etc. Fighting walkers until they overwhelm you is not directly killing yourself, like Katjaa did. If Kenny laid down in the alley and allowed the walkers to devour him, that would have been suicide. If he put the last bullet of that gun in his head, that would have been suicide. He did nothing like that, however. It probably was suicide in a sense, but not the type of suicide he was talking about earlier.

    Kenny can say he considers Lee and co. family("My family's gone, but i know i can feel even more alone"), but he pretty much loses all of them too. He knows Lee is bitten, and after seeing that the balcony had pierced Ben he knew he was dead as well. I doubt he held Omid & Christa in nearly as much regard to the rest, as evidenced by their arguments in the manor and at the beginning of ep 4.

    Also, i agree with most of OP's points except obviously Kenny. No facts exist in his case, though i agree that there's not really much of a point in arguing about it anymore.

    Maybe whoever you didn't save at the end of episode 1 returns as a walker in season 2? Carley/Doug in that case are eaten but their brains are not destroyed, so it could be possible.

  • I'm a huge Kenny Fan, and however much I want him to be alive, I don't think he is. If you save a few bullets in the house scene, you give them to him and he only uses two. It is assumed that he used one on Ben and one on himself. I think they didn't show his death for two reasons.
    1) He was a liked character. I wouldn't have liked this game as much if they had shown his death like Brie.
    2) They want to keep that option open. It has happened before. If you don't see them die on screen, you can assume they are still alive.

    I agree with everything else, but I still have hope for Kenny. I would be happy to just see a cameo of him, zombie or corpse.

  • @Toitle_John said: I'm a huge Kenny Fan, and however much I want him to be alive, I don't think he is. If you save a few bullets in the house scene, you give them to him and he only uses two. It is assumed that he used one on Ben and one on himself. I think they didn't show his death for two reasons.
    1) He was a liked character. I wouldn't have liked this game as much if they had shown his death like Brie.
    2) They want to keep that option open. It has happened before. If you don't see them die on screen, you can assume they are still alive.

    I agree with everything else, but I still have hope for Kenny. I would be happy to just see a cameo of him, zombie or corpse.

    The bullet thing isn't true, I saved several bullets from the house and Lee still told Kenny that he was out.

  • @Riadon said: The bullet thing isn't true, I saved several bullets from the house and Lee still told Kenny that he was out.

    Huh, I just saw someone say that if you agree with him and leave you can give him your remaining bullets but I guess they were full of shiznizzle

  • @Mornai said:

    Kenny can say he considers Lee and co. family("My family's gone, but i know i can feel even more alone"), but he pretty much loses all of them too. He knows Lee is bitten, and after seeing that the balcony had pierced Ben he knew he was dead as well. I doubt he held Omid & Christa in nearly as much regard to the rest, as evidenced by their arguments in the manor and at the beginning of ep 4.

    There was still a chance that Clem was alive and that he could have taken care of her. The girl who was like a daughter to his best friend.

    I'm just saying :p

  • @Toitle_John said: Huh, I just saw someone say that if you agree with him and leave you can give him your remaining bullets but I guess they were full of shiznizzle

    I just tested it, and it's true. I kept all 5 bullets in the mansion shootout and Lee said "just a few" when Kenny asked if he had any, i said okay and he gave them to Kenny. There was still only a single shot fired, however.

Add Comment