146 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Mornai said: It's unfortunate that he collaborated with Telltale on the matter in the beginning but then threw them under the bus with no hesitation. Well, i suppose money is money.

Both stories are good either way.

You actually liked The Road to Woodbury? Or have you not read it yet? I thought it was complete trash tbh.

• @CarScar said: You actually liked The Road to Woodbury? Or have you not read it yet? I thought it was complete trash tbh.

I have not read it, i meant both versions of Lilly's story(a part of the comics or a separate character altogether) were acceptable.

• I thought the Road to Woodbury was a great book. I really enjoyed it and felt for the characters. People wouldn't be talking shit about Kirkman's portrayal of Lilly if Lilly wasn't in the video game to begin with. People say that the book messed up the game's story. I say it's the other way around. People don't give the book it's due credit because they have preconceived ideas of how Lilly should be because they played the game first. I enjoyed the game, love the comics and loved the novel. Telltale make fun games but Kirkman writes great stories. As good as the game was it would have been far better if the 5 episodes were written by Kirkman. The novel reads more like the comics in terms of pacing than Telltale's story did in the game.

I was relieved when Telltale had to change their Lilly to a game only character since she behaved more like a video game antagonist than a character from the comics. I didn't buy her exit scene for one second. It seemed to forced and didn't seem to fit, to me. Lilly shows great restraint in holding back from killing Kenny or attempting to kill Kenny even though he has been goading her and arguing with her constantly since killing her dad and never showed any regret, remorse and even attempted to drive off at the motor inn without her but she kills Carly after one argument....Didn't buy it. Enjoyed the game on the whole but that scene was forced.

• @mkane24 said: common consensus? what is this consensus you speak of? I've read all of the comics and the Negan arc is fair from uninteresting.

I'm not sure, but of the times when I'm perusing general comments about it(various places), i always see people complaining that the quality has faltered since then. I still enjoy them myself, though.

• Well, Kirkman must be doing something right...on 108 with no end in sight...Christ look at TT's the walking dead. that had plenty of problems and people loved it.

• @mkane24 said: Well, Kirkman must be doing something right...on 108 with no end in sight...Christ look at TT's the walking dead. that had plenty of problems and people loved it.

Most of TT's problems were technical, and that kind of thing is probably a rarity for comics.

• Its kirkmans story and his baby i dont think anyone has the right to say what he did or didnt do right. Go write yer own blasted storys quit bashing on the creative minds behid their storys.

• @ZacTB said:
    I really don't understand why Kirkman wouldn't just leave it

Maybe because he want to add her in season two? It's logical.

Add Comment