User Avatar Image

Which character in this game you hate the most?

posted by Vongalaxy on - last edited - Viewed by 757 users

At first, I hate Larry because hes a dick when he hit me on the face. But later in the farm, he seem to be better and I begin to not hate him. And in chapter 3, Carly death is so FKING SHOCKING and I FKING HATE LILY and LEFt her. So I hate Lily the MOST.

130 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Riadon said: Travis and Irene

I understand Travis, but I'm curious why Irene.

• @Moggyoxys said: I understand Travis, but I'm curious why Irene.

Yeah we really didn't get to know Irene well enough to hate her.

• @Moggyoxys said: I understand Travis, but I'm curious why Irene.

She's a nutjob with cheesy dialog.

• @Riadon said: She's a nutjob with cheesy dialog.

She's been bit and doesn't want to come back as a walker. Not that crazy.

• It's hard to pick just one person. Ben, Larry, the St. Johns, Radioguy.

I think I would have to say Larry though. Although I really hate Ben, I don't think he ever did anything with malicious intent. But Larry is the biggest asshole because despite who Lee was, there was no reason to bring up his past ESPECIALLY when he just proved that he would be a team player when he went through all that trouble (including killing his own brother!) to get Larry his medicine. Larry also causes the most conflict and the biggest divide between Kenny and Lilly. After we nearly die trying to leave the pharmacy, he has the nerve to punch us in the face. If I were given the option I would have killed him in a covert way. He was a big guy, taking up resources like food and medicine while being nothing but a complainer and dividing the group. The St. Johns are despicable but I still think our group was kind of naive to trust them so blindly. And Radioguy just went crazy.

• User Avatar Image
    Koi

Not too different from the majority, as far as I can tell.

Campman, for being an idiot, a hypocrite and for ultimately screwing everyone over because of his own idiocy. I mean, I know he's kind of mentally unstable by the point we actually get to talk to him, so his motives and reasoning was probably a bit skewed, but I have no sympathy for him - everything that's happened to him started with him losing his own son, and he accuses Lee of being callous and an inadequate guardian for Clementine? Are you serious? And then he's stupid enough to leave his car in the middle of a clearing, keys in ignition and everything, and expect everything to be intact when he comes back. Hell, nevermind being in a ZA, even in our own zombie-free world, no one would be stupid enough to do that. You leave your car like that, you are asking to be robbed. If I were his wife, I'd leave him too, for being such a useless jerk.

But yeah, as I said, he's gone crazy at this point, so it was probably just easier for him to blame Lee and his group for everything that happened than admit that he's an idiot that inadvertently let his whole family die.

And then there's the former resident asshole, Larry. Self explanatory choice, I think. I've tried to see things from his point of view and all, but he was just too violent and too much of a bully for me to like him at all. As someone said, he was pretty much designed to be hated, and I did hate him. I think the only point in his favor was that he loved and cared about his daughter, but honestly, who doesn't have someone they love and care about? Doesn't justify his actions or behavior.

I used to hate Lilly, but I've noticed both she and Kenny's attitude is quite different depending on certain interactions and who you side with more, so during my first playthrough, when I sided with Kenny near 100%, I really hated her. Second time, I tried to take her side at times and feed Larry and stuff, and I suddenly didn't hate her as much. I know she still takes off with the RV no matter what, which is why I still don't particularly like her, but I guess it's sort of justifiable considering the whole "Kenny murdered her dad brutally right in front of her face" thing.

I think that's all, the major ones that stick out for me anyway. I never hated Ben, despite the fact he's also a miserable idiot that screws people over repeatedly. Maybe because I get the feeling that if I were ever in a ZA, I'd be that raging idiot who contributes nothing to the group and screws up all the time. :D Soo, I kinda sympathize, and I can't bring myself to hate him. People like us mean well, we're just massively uncoordinated and can't get our shit together.

And that part ^ doesn't contradict what I said about Campman - what I hated most about him is that he blames Lee and everyone else for the most part. At least Ben knows he's a fuckup, and wants to make amends for what he's done instead of assigning blame. As far as I can remember, anyway.

Edit: And just read Jaded X Gamer's post about Lilly, which reminded me of a few more reasons why I didn't like her.

Also, the lottery is a terrible way to determine who gets to eat. If it was really impossible to divide the food evenly every day and only four people would eat daily, then why didn't they simply make up a schedule and take turns? That would ensure there was no favoritism going on, reduce the number of arguments and skepticism within the group and everyone would have the same chance to eat. Why would you even leave something like that to chance? It's entirely possible for someone to just have horrid luck and not eat for days because of this, not to mention extremely easy to rig, as I'm assuming she's not holding a lottery drawing show and pulling names out of a hat for everyone to see when she distributes rations.

• The St. Johns, without a doubt.

As far as I'm concerned, they were the only people who truly deserved to die in the entire game.
    They were evil, sick, twisted cannibals that deserved nothing more than to eaten alive, just like they did to all those people they killed.
    After all, they killed Mark and were going to kill the entire group, unless someone stopped them.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they killed and ate their own father, too, just because the hunger got to them.

• @Koi said: Also, the lottery is a terrible way to determine who gets to eat. If it was really impossible to divide the food evenly every day and only four people would eat daily, then why didn't they simply make up a schedule and take turns? That would ensure there was no favoritism going on, reduce the number of arguments and skepticism within the group and everyone would have the same chance to eat. Why would you even leave something like that to chance? It's entirely possible for someone to just have horrid luck and not eat for days because of this, not to mention extremely easy to rig, as I'm assuming she's not holding a lottery drawing show and pulling names out of a hat for everyone to see when she distributes rations.

And she fucking complains about how hard it is! You're letting chance decides who eats but then you go whine about what a hard job you got? Fuck you Lilly. Maybe people hate you because you suck at your job. I didn't even think about her rigging a lottery. If you tell Mark that Larry thinks you're dangerous, he says he wouldn't be surprised if Lilly was skimming food to give to Larry. (And he would know, the man is a huge gossip.) Maybe the lottery was how she was doing it.

My experience with Lilly was the opposite of yours. On my first playthrough I was pretty sympathetic towards her, even though I didn't always agree with her. Kenny's reaction to me not helping him kill Larry really put me off him for a while. I (just barely) let her back in the R.V. after what she did, reasoning Lee got a second chance, maybe she deserved one. And in the ends she steals the R.V. and strands six people to die. (Like she knew or cared if the train worked.) Not even looking the least bit sorry as she did so.

On subsequent playthroughs I've just found myself hating her more and more and at this point I'd say she's the character I hate most (barring outright villains like the St. Johns). Even though I said I pitied her in my last post in this thread, playing the game again has mostly eroded that and I really just think she was a shitty person at heart. Yeah her father is a useless asshole and his shitty parenting is probably responsible for a lot of Lilly's problems, but she's a fucking grown woman and she keeps insisting she's the damn leader. Well fucking lead already!

Being leader means taking responsibility, as in something goes wrong you're responsible. Lilly never takes responsibility for anything. From her father treating everyone like shit ("It's just his way!"), to running out of food ("Suddenly I'm a god damn nazi!"), to having no fucking plans on how to deal with bandits or dwindling supplies ("I just want a week where I don't have to deal with this!") Step up or step aside. It really shows she was just a paper pusher at the Airforce, she governs like an incompetent bureaucrat.

She's not even sorry for shooting Carley or Doug. Either Carley wasn't trustworthy (She was!) or it wasn't supposed to be Doug (Sorry he interrupted your surprise execution!) Either way she doesn’t really care. She only regrets it because it caused the whole group to turn on her, which she of course complains about ("I'm tied up like animal!") and then strands everyone because she knows they won't help her anymore.

Carley was right to called her a scared little girl. If anything she was being too nice, I’d call Lilly a dirty coward. She wants to be in charge so she can justify sending people out to do the dangerous work while she sits around somewhere safe. It’s probably why she’s so against leaving the Motor Inn or the Pharmacy initially, she might actually have to put herself at risk. Also probably why Ben is on watch in Episode 3, there’s actually people shooting back now. The only real time she attacks anyone is when their back is turned or she’s far enough away to not suffer a counter attack.

Maybe if she had any backbone she could have worked up the nerve to tell her asshole father to sit down and shut up in the meat locker before he gave himself another heart attack, like he had already did once before. Instead she just keeps meekly pleading with him in her most pathetic voice. Gotta love the one time she doesn’t switch to mega bitch mode is the one time it may have actually helped.

Anyways, enough about Lilly. I actually did feel sorry for the Stranger. Maybe because I was pretty much certain he was coming back for his station wagon. I mean the keys are in the ignition and the lights are still on, which means it couldn’t have been there for more than one night since that would run the batteries down. And the gas gauge is empty, they were out looking for gas probably.

He reminded me a lot of Jolene (whom I also felt bad for). Someone who was probably just a regular person before everything went bad and lost their fucking mind when all their loved ones died since it left them completely alone. I felt it really demonstrated just what such a horrible world would do to regular people, and how desperate it would make them.

You’re right about the Stranger being a hypocrite though. His whole rant against Lee is just him projecting his own failures onto Lee. Trying to rationalize his family’s deaths as someone else’s fault since he won’t accept responsibility for it, as if Lee and his group would be the only people who would ever wrong him. Grasping at straws to try and make Lee unsuitable so he can feel justified in lying to Clementine and kidnapping her.

And yet I still felt incredibly sorry for him. Maybe because I’m a bleeding heart pansy so I keep sympathizing with him during the conversation and by the end he didn’t even sound mad anymore. He actually seemed to feel bad for Lee for a moment when I told him I was bitten. Then he started talking to his bowling bag and it was kinda obvious he was too far gone to help.

When he died I looked at his corpse for a short moment and whispered “I’m sorry”. Sorry we didn’t wait for him to come back to his car, maybe invite his family to come back to Motor Inn. Sorry he was just another person whom I couldn’t save. Sorry that we had to kill him since I couldn’t convince him to let go of his own bitter revenge. If felt tragic just because if one little thing had gone differently, he could have been another family living with our group, just trying to survive.

As for Ben, I’m pretty much on the same page as you. Could never really be angry with. He’s well meaning fuck-up, which I felt was probably a realistic depiction of a teenage band geek trapped in zombie apocalypse. Scared and clueless to what he should do. Like I said, he really needed a parental figure to guide him. Clementine had Lee to protect her and teach her, Ben was pretty much left to fend for himself.

• @Jaded X Gamer said: And she fucking complains about how hard it is! You're letting chance decides who eats but then you go whine about what a hard job you got? Fuck you Lilly. Maybe people hate you because you suck at your job. I didn't even think about her rigging a lottery. If you tell Mark that Larry thinks you're dangerous, he says he wouldn't be surprised if Lilly was skimming food to give to Larry. (And he would know, the man is a huge gossip.) Maybe the lottery was how she was doing it.

My experience with Lilly was the opposite of yours. On my first playthrough I was pretty sympathetic towards her, even though I didn't always agree with her. Kenny's reaction to me not helping him kill Larry really put me off him for a while. I (just barely) let her back in the R.V. after what she did, reasoning Lee got a second chance, maybe she deserved one. And in the ends she steals the R.V. and strands six people to die. (Like she knew or cared if the train worked.) Not even looking the least bit sorry as she did so.

On subsequent playthroughs I've just found myself hating her more and more and at this point I'd say she's the character I hate most (barring outright villains like the St. Johns). Even though I said I pitied her in my last post in this thread, playing the game again has mostly eroded that and I really just think she was a shitty person at heart. Yeah her father is a useless asshole and his shitty parenting is probably responsible for a lot of Lilly's problems, but she's a fucking grown woman and she keeps insisting she's the damn leader. Well fucking lead already!

Being leader means taking responsibility, as in something goes wrong you're responsible. Lilly never takes responsibility for anything. From her father treating everyone like shit ("It's just his way!"), to running out of food ("Suddenly I'm a god damn nazi!"), to having no fucking plans on how to deal with bandits or dwindling supplies ("I just want a week where I don't have to deal with this!") Step up or step aside. It really shows she was just a paper pusher at the Airforce, she governs like an incompetent bureaucrat.

She's not even sorry for shooting Carley or Doug. Either Carley wasn't trustworthy (She was!) or it wasn't supposed to be Doug (Sorry he interrupted your surprise execution!) Either way she doesn’t really care. She only regrets it because it caused the whole group to turn on her, which she of course complains about ("I'm tied up like animal!") and then strands everyone because she knows they won't help her anymore.

Carley was right to called her a scared little girl. If anything she was being too nice, I’d call Lilly a dirty coward. She wants to be in charge so she can justify sending people out to do the dangerous work while she sits around somewhere safe. It’s probably why she’s so against leaving the Motor Inn or the Pharmacy initially, she might actually have to put herself at risk. Also probably why Ben is on watch in Episode 3, there’s actually people shooting back now. The only real time she attacks anyone is when their back is turned or she’s far enough away to not suffer a counter attack.

Maybe if she had any backbone she could have worked up the nerve to tell her asshole father to sit down and shut up in the meat locker before he gave himself another heart attack, like he had already did once before. Instead she just keeps meekly pleading with him in her most pathetic voice. Gotta love the one time she doesn’t switch to mega bitch mode is the one time it may have actually helped.

Anyways, enough about Lilly. I actually did feel sorry for the Stranger. Maybe because I was pretty much certain he was coming back for his station wagon. I mean the keys are in the ignition and the lights are still on, which means it couldn’t have been there for more than one night since that would run the batteries down. And the gas gauge is empty, they were out looking for gas probably.

He reminded me a lot of Jolene (whom I also felt bad for). Someone who was probably just a regular person before everything went bad and lost their fucking mind when all their loved ones died since it left them completely alone. I felt it really demonstrated just what such a horrible world would do to regular people, and how desperate it would make them.

You’re right about the Stranger being a hypocrite though. His whole rant against Lee is is just him projecting his own failures onto Lee. Trying to rationalize his family’s deaths as someone else’s fault since he won’t accept responsibility for it, as if Lee and his group would be the only people who would ever wrong him. Grasping at straws to try and make Lee unsuitable so he can feel justified into lying to Clementine and kidnapping her.

And yet I still felt incredibly sorry for him. Maybe because I’m a bleeding heart pansy so I keep sympathizing with him during the conversation and by the end he didn’t even sound mad anymore. He actually seemed to feel bad for Lee for a moment when I told him I was bitten. Then he started talking to his bowling bag and it was kinda obvious he was too far gone to help.

When he died I looked at his corpse for a short moment and whispered “I’m sorry”. Sorry we didn’t wait for him to come back to his car, maybe invite his family to come back to Motor Inn. Sorry he was just another person whom I couldn’t save. Sorry that we had to kill him since I couldn’t convince him to let go of his own bitter revenge. If felt tragic just because if one little thing had gone differently, he could have been another family living with our group, just trying to survive.

As for Ben, I’m pretty much on the same page as you. Could never really be angry with. He’s well meaning fuck-up, which I felt was probably a realistic depiction of a teenage band geek trapped in zombie apocalypse. Scared and clueless to what he should do. Like I said, he really needed a parental figure to guide him. Clementine had Lee to protect her and teach, Ben was pretty much left to fend for himself.

Whow. Sir, I understand all of your points. Especially these regarding Lilly, but somehow I just can't hate her. I just wanna be with her and hug her, having her in my group all the time, but not as Leader anymore.

I don't really hate anyone of dem characters, I never could. I was glad, they are where they. I think, the most I despise Kenny. He is just there for you, If you have been there for him, but one time you don't kill for him, he thinks really bad of you and does not even try to help you.

• Jaded X Gamer I agree almost completely. Every time I play the game I lose more and more respect for Lilly. Just recently I found this little quote made by Lilly:

"Then what do we not forgive?! Honestly! Tell me!"

She then MURDERS Carley in cold blood and mopes how we treated her like an "animal." It seriously infuriated me. There is some stuff I love about Lilly, other stuff I hate. The more I think about it, there's more and more stuff that I hate about her.

Add Comment