User Avatar Image

That Guy With The Glasses Thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 9.2K users

This is a thread to one of the most funniest reviewers and actors on the internet . The Nostalgia Critic played by Doug Walker. The Nostalgia Critic has given such wonderful jokes such as A BAT CREDIT CARD, or TIMING!, and such good videos and reviews such Casper,Top 11s,Batman & Robin,Old vs New Batman and i'm sure people remember his fight with the Nerd (another very funny reviewer on the internet) So anyway go ahead and talk about anything about The Nostalgia Critic. You can even talk about other people such as AVGN,Linkara,The Nostalgia Chick,Bum Reviews.

My question is what is your favorite Nostalgia Critic episode?

Mine is a tie between Top 11 Simpsons episodes,Top 11 Batman episodes,Junior,Batman & Robin, and Old vs New Batman vs The Dark Knight but if i had to pick i would say ether Junior or Top 11 Simpsons episodes.

395 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I personally loved Demo Reel, but it felt like it was already done with the story anyway, so I'm not sad to see it go.

• Brad Jones and Spoony are both still great and likable at least, but I go to their websites for their junk. Not TGWTG.

• The layout definitely needs work. You'd think people who play favorites with their producers would at least make said favorites easier to track down.

• Spoony isn't even on TGWTG anymore. They've parted ways.

Some people like TGWTG and find their antics hilarious, and some people hate it and find them completely un-funny. I used to enjoy it. I found them refreshingly funny when they first started out and were more amateurs, but now I'm starting to see that they kind of don't really know what they're doing half of the time and now that they consider themselves "professionals" it seems to come off as a bit pretentious. I guess that's the danger with any independent group, though.

I did enjoy To Boldly Flee a heck of a lot more than Suburban Knights, though. It seemed more cohesive. Though, it seems like over-dramatize a lot of their writing and drag on their scenes quite a bit with too much effects, camera work, and whatnot (I'm not film buff, these are just a couple things that started to bug me). But if it's what they like doing and people enjoy it, who am I to say it's not good. I don't really visit TGWTG anymore (I may check out the new Nostalgia Critic reviews...maybe) and I don't consider it important enough to check in my daily schedule, but more power to them if people enjoy it.

• @DAISHI said: Oh, and he insulted King of the Hill. So screw him.

King of the Hill deserves to be insulted. The characters are either idiots or overly pretentious to the point of retardedness. Peggy Hill being the biggest idiot of all.

• @Shadowknight1 said: King of the Hill deserves to be insulted. The characters are either idiots or overly pretentious to the point of retardedness. Peggy Hill being the biggest idiot of all.

Yes but it had a few well-done subtle arcs therefore it is without fault

• @Shadowknight1 said: Peggy Hill being the biggest idiot of all.

But that was the whole point she was supposed to be a huge idiot who thinks she knows everything.

• They're idiots. Whether they're supposed to be idiots or not is irrelevant to whether or not it's a stupid show.

I don't see why Doug is to be hated just because he doesn't like King of the Hill. He doesn't really care for Harry Potter either, and I love Harry Potter. Does that make him the bane of the internet? Certainly not.

• @Chyron8472 said: They're idiots. Whether they're supposed to be idiots or not is irrelevant to whether or not it's a stupid show.

I don't see why Doug is to be hated just because he doesn't like King of the Hill. He doesn't really care for Harry Potter either, and I love Harry Potter. Does that make him the bane of the internet? Certainly not.

The fact that he produces little that's entertaining is further reason.

• Little to you. And as it happens, to me. But not to everyone.

Add Comment