User Avatar Image

GOG Sierra Bundles

posted by BagginsKQ on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

Quest for Glory has finally been released on GOG, all V episodes and both versions of the first QFG.
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/quest_for_glory

This finally explains who maintains the ownership for the series. Activision.

Highly recommended for fans of KQ series is Quest for Glory series. It was an RPG/Adventure hybrid series (last game is pure Action-RPG stripped of most adventure aspects). It had a few nods to the KQ series as easter eggs, and like KQ the game took ideas from both fairy tales and myths from around around the world

65 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I guess I'm curious why the conversation in GOG didn't go like this:

Person 1 - "Hey, did you try LSL 6 in ScummVM?"
    Person 2 - "Yea, but the SVGA version doesn't run smoothly."
    Person 1 - "Does it work in DosBox?"
    Person 2 - "Didn't try that yet. Let's find out right now."
    one minute later
    Person 2 - "Hey, look at that. It works pretty well!"
    Person 1 - "Cool. So we'll just bundle LSL 1-5 with ScummVM, and LSL 6 SVGA with DosBox?"
    Person 2 - "Yea."
    Person 1 - "Don't forget the super secret DRM nobody knows about."

• I doubt it would go down that way. It seems to me that these things aren't conversations, but courtesy replies. Even if Baggins did press for fixing it, they probably wouldn't have. On their end, a business decision was made and carried out. End of story. That's usually the way these things go, in my experience anyway based on what I've seen and heard.

• ^ I meant a conversation in GOG's offices, between people who test and configure games. The conversation is face to face.

• Ohhhh.

Yeah, you got me. It seems they do cut corners without double checking things over there....it's sad because people in the community (for instance, the Sierra Help Pages) have gotten figuring out how best Sierra games work in ScummVM and DOSBox down. It's hard to see things done so sloppily. I suppose to them they see it as heralding the great comeback of lost greats to the world so it's no big deal to them. Whereas in reality they're just offering an easier solution than eBaying or pirating.

• Although keep in mind that it was fan groups that kept up demand on Gog.com and EA to add in missing expansion packs for Wing Commander games. So there is always 'some" hope to fix things.

Fans also convinced GOG and developers of Broken Sword to include both the originals the 'director's' cuts of the first two games.

• @BagginsKQ said: Although keep in mind that it was fan groups that kept up demand on Gog.com and EA to add in missing expansion packs for Wing Commander games. So there is always 'some" hope to fix things.

Fans also convinced GOG and developers of Broken Sword to include both the originals the 'director's' cuts of the first two games.

YES. I am big believer in making one's voice heard. Yes, you absolutely can get GOG to listen. If enough people (or just one very persistent person) makes a big enough stink, then you can get the changes you seek.

Never underestimate the power of persistent b**ching! And I hope I can say that here. Just can't think of another word.

• Apparently GOG just updated many of their Sierra Quest bundles to the 2.0 edition installers. These seem to still utilize dosbox (rather than switched to 'scummvm'), which is a good thing imo.

Good news PQ1EGA (the classical original and best version) has now been added to the pack. This has not been reflected on the store page yet though. It is is using dosbox.

Unfortunately SQ and KQ didn't receive the remakes yet. Keep on contacting GoG, and maybe they'll finally answer the request.

• For those who have complaining about it long and hard, PQ1AGI/EGA has now been added to the Police Quest pack at GOG.

No updates to add KQ1 or SQ1, or LSL6 HD yet though.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@BagginsKQ said: For those who have complaining about it long and hard, PQ1AGI/EGA has now been added to the Police Quest pack at GOG.

No updates to add KQ1 or SQ1, or LSL6 HD yet though.

Nice. I do like how GOG.com does sometimes eventually respond to fans by adding multiple versions of the games. They seem to be the only digital distributor who goes the extra mile to do things like this.

Add Comment