User Avatar Image

Which character in this game you hate the most?

posted by Vongalaxy on - last edited - Viewed by 948 users

At first, I hate Larry because hes a dick when he hit me on the face. But later in the farm, he seem to be better and I begin to not hate him. And in chapter 3, Carly death is so FKING SHOCKING and I FKING HATE LILY and LEFt her. So I hate Lily the MOST.

130 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @CarScar said: Every time I play the game I lose more and more respect for Lilly.

Same here. I had the most sympathy for her in my first playthrough, but the more I play and more I get to think about what she says and does the more critical I become.

• Stranger. What I can't believe is that out of all the people in the world who survived, and all the people we could run into, we get the last pedophile on earth. What are the fucking odds?

• @double_u said: Same here. I had the most sympathy for her in my first playthrough, but the more I play and more I get to think about what she says and does the more critical I become.

Well look at who raised her.

• The Stranger. I mainly hate him because it was his fault that Lee got bitten, Ben died (if you saved him in ep 4), Kenny is missing, and Clem is by herself. If he hadn't taken Clem, none of that would have happened.

• @Nuked said: Well look at who raised her.

I agree Larry is not the best father figure either. And for someone who was an Army officer, he sure doesn't know much about leadership and group dynamics.

• @double_u said: I agree Larry is not the best father figure either. And for someone who was an Army officer, he sure doesn't know much about leadership and group dynamics.

When does he say he was in the Army?

• @Nuked said: When does he say he was in the Army?

I'm not sure if that was even mentioned in game, but Telltale Game's character bio sheet says he was a commander in the Army.

https://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead/cast/

• @Jaded X Gamer said: And she fucking complains about how hard it is!...

Holy hell... You been carrying that with you this whole time? Sheesh, man. Let it out a bit sooner next time.

But seriously, that is a good analysis. I haven't read everything in this thread, so if you mentioned some of this stuff, don't mind me.

It took me a while to play a path where I sided with Lily. For a long time, she was my most disliked character. She's all "I'm in charge! Do what I say without question! Don't open the doors to help people! Nyeah!", but the second her dad almost kills himself, "Oh please, help me! I can't figure out how to open the door! He needs these pills!". Risks are bad unless they are to help her father (don't open the doors to help a group with children, but go ahead and break the door if it will help you get the keys to the office). She is already a total mess from the moment you meet her.

However... once I got around to actually taking her side, I saw that it was all Larry's doing. He pushed her to be in charge ("You've got to control these people, Lilly"). He scares people away from her. He chides her whenever she tries to stand up to him. Lilly never had a good example of how to interact with other people thanks to Larry. I actually felt sorry for her, and she seemed appreciative of my support. Even the moment when you can reveal your past to her is a vastly different experience. She actually acknowledges that her father was wrong about you ("He treated you like shit and you still tried to save his life. You don't have to apologize"), and this is even considering I told Larry to "eat up".

Without her father, she was lost, which is just sad.

As for the stranger, I do hate him. However, he's nowhere near as bad as Larry. Larry had no reason to treat Lee that way, regardless of his past, even less considering Lee risked who knows what just to get medicine for the guy. The stranger, does have a legitimate gripe, even if it's not against Lee in particular. Yes, he was stupid to leave his stuff unguarded while he searched for his son. Yes, it was risky to leave the light on and the door beeping (was it supposed to be a beacon or something?). That doesn't make theft of his stuff excusable.

He completely overreacted and his revenge was not fitting of the crime, but he was entitled to something. We took replaceable items, he took a person. Mental instability is an explanation, but not an excuse. I really wish we could have been more hostile to him during the meeting. At best we get "You f***ed up", and "Yes" when he asks if he looks like a monster. I would love to call out his hypocrisy.

• @BlackBoxx said: Holy hell... You been carrying that with you this whole time? Sheesh, man. Let it out a bit sooner next time.

But seriously, that is a good analysis. I haven't read everything in this thread, so if you mentioned some of this stuff, don't mind me.

It took me a while to play a path where I sided with Lily. For a long time, she was my most disliked character. She's all "I'm in charge! Do what I say without question! Don't open the doors to help people! Nyeah!", but the second her dad almost kills himself, "Oh please, help me! I can't figure out how to open the door! He needs these pills!". Risks are bad unless they are to help her father (don't open the doors to help a group with children, but go ahead and break the door if it will help you get the keys to the office). She is already a total mess from the moment you meet her.

However... once I got around to actually taking her side, I saw that it was all Larry's doing. He pushed her to be in charge ("You've got to control these people, Lilly"). He scares people away from her. He chides her whenever she tries to stand up to him. Lilly never had a good example of how to interact with other people thanks to Larry. I actually felt sorry for her, and she seemed appreciative of my support. Even the moment when you can reveal your past to her is a vastly different experience. She actually acknowledges that her father was wrong about you ("He treated you like shit and you still tried to save his life. You don't have to apologize"), and this is even considering I told Larry to "eat up".

Without her father, she was lost, which is just sad.

As for the stranger, I do hate him. However, he's nowhere near as bad as Larry. Larry had no reason to treat Lee that way, regardless of his past, even less considering Lee risked who knows what just to get medicine for the guy. The stranger, does have a legitimate gripe, even if it's not against Lee in particular. Yes, he was stupid to leave his stuff unguarded while he searched for his son. Yes, it was risky to leave the light on and the door beeping (was it supposed to be a beacon or something?). That doesn't make theft of his stuff excusable.

He completely overreacted and his revenge was not fitting of the crime, but he was entitled to something. We took replaceable items, he took a person. Mental instability is an explanation, but not an excuse. I really wish we could have been more hostile to him during the meeting. At best we get "You f***ed up", and "Yes" when he asks if he looks like a monster. I would love to call out his hypocrisy.

To Larry:

Larry had nothing but his daughter and I can understand, that he don't wanted her to be with someone, who killed someone cold blooded. We don't know, what was to be read at the newspapers or in the TV, we don't know how bad Lee's reputation were. Maybe he thought, when Lee would snap he would kill his daughter or Larry himself, like he did with that state senator. Larry was just a father, protective and bad yeah, but I don't hate him for that and don't think anyone should do it either. But thats of course, your thing.

The stranger lost his whole family in a few days, mostly because a few people came and took all their supplies, just finding his (presumably dead, even if it comes to mind he killed themselve in anger) wife and his daughter, from whom he thought earn their trust back. But that all was gone, when the stuff was taken.
    He is just a more extreme, more fucked up version of Kenny. I can understand, what driven him. But I liked to strangle him to death for taking Clem and killing Kenny and Ben.

• @double_u said: I'm not sure if that was even mentioned in game, but Telltale Game's character bio sheet says he was a commander in the Army.

https://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead/cast/

Ah okay. Thanks.

Add Comment