User Avatar Image

That momment when you realize that Omid...

posted by noskinoah on - last edited - Viewed by 450 users

That moment when you realize that Omid and Barney look alike, after reading that article about Telltale mentioning Half Life.
attachment.php?attachmentid=3640&d=13586

35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @J_Scheff said: How are you getting that they look alike.

    Noses are different
    Eyes are different
    Hairline and hair is different
    Ears are different
    Skin color is different
    Jawline is different
    Eyebrows are different
    Chins are different

    Really I dont see similarity here



    Might all be true. Maybe I just have bad face perception but to me they looked pretty similar. Not 'oh my gosh, twins!'-similar but enough to at least mention it :p

  • Yep Omid is Persian alright
    I am Persian and Omid is a Persian name
    it stands for hope
    you can check it at Google translator:
    امید

  • @superboy2011 said: Yep Omid is Persian alright
    I am Persian and Omid is a Persian name
    it stands for hope
    you can check it at Google translator:
    امید



    lol. Just because Omid is a persian name, he has not to be one. Thats not how the world works, you know?

  • @Robbingrobin said: lol. Just because Omid is a persian name, he has not to be one. Thats not how the world works, you know?



    It makes it more likely that he's Persian. Or that his parents were Persian.

  • @anonymau5 said: It makes it more likely that he's Persian. Or that his parents were Persian.



    Pretty naive, but lets keep it this way.

  • @Robbingrobin said: lol. Just because Omid is a persian name, he has not to be one. Thats not how the world works, you know?


    his face looks pretty Persian to me,Probably because BOTH his parents were Persian...
    Of course your right...
    a lot of Persian families moved to the U.S in the 1970s SO he is probably american with a Persian origin...:confused:
    but tell me,why would any family name their child with a name originating from another country?:D:D
    but anyway....
    barney and omid look nothing alike,dude
    maybe their general face structure is kind of like each other but their noses,mouthes,brows,hairs are totally different...
    i'm kinda interested to how "demopan" knew,is it in the wiki?
    EDIT: checked it
    yep, its mentioned already...
    links here:
    CLICK
    in the trivia part:
    "Omid is the first Persian in The Walking Dead Universe to be introduced and specifically named."

  • @superboy2011 said: his face looks pretty Persian to me,Probably because BOTH his parents were Persian...
    Of course your right...
    a lot of Persian families moved to the U.S in the 1970s SO he is probably american with a Persian origin...:confused:
    but tell me,why would any family name their child with a name originating from another country?:D:D
    but anyway....
    barney and omid look nothing alike,dude
    maybe their general face structure is kind of like each other but their noses,mouthes,brows,hairs are totally different...
    i'm kinda interested to how "demopan" knew,is it in the wiki?
    EDIT: checked it
    yep, its mentioned already...
    links here:
    CLICK
    in the trivia part:
    "Omid is the first Persian in The Walking Dead Universe to be introduced and specifically named."



    *laughs* When one of the devs says, he's persian, I'll accept him as persian. As long nobody says something like this, he's just some guy. You can't trust that wiki at all. And in China, people call their children John and stuff, is that enough as answer to your question?

  • @Robbingrobin said: *laughs* When one of the devs says, he's persian, I'll accept him as persian. As long nobody says something like this, he's just some guy. You can't trust that wiki at all. And in China, people call their children John and stuff, is that enough as answer to your question?



    No. They don't. I have no idea where you got that from. I've been to China. I mean, some people do, but that's not the majority.

  • @anonymau5 said: No. They don't. I have no idea where you got that from. I've been to China. I mean, some people do, but that's not the majority.



    Whe don't have a majority of persian people in america, either. The name has nothing to do with the lineage. Just because he is a bit darker skinned and is called Omid, it doesn't make him a persian. He could be a turk, too. Or a mexican. I have a spanish friend called Oskan, and he isn't even muslim.

  • @Robbingrobin said: *laughs* When one of the devs says, he's persian, I'll accept him as persian. As long nobody says something like this, he's just some guy. You can't trust that wiki at all. And in China, people call their children John and stuff, is that enough as answer to your question?


    their Chinese, what do you expect?:D:D:D:D:D:D
    @Robbingrobin said: Whe don't have a majority of persian people in america, either. The name has nothing to do with the lineage. Just because he is a bit darker skinned and is called Omid, it doesn't make him a persian. He could be a turk, too. Or a mexican. I have a spanish friend called Oskan, and he isn't even muslim.
    dude,i'm Persian...
    you think i can't understand the difference between a turk or afghan(:D) or maybe even indian from my own people?
    and by the way omid is an original persian name,meaning that it's not arabic,so turks or arabic countries don't have the name omid....
    and another thing...
    WHY THE HELL ARE WE HAVING THIS ARGUMENT IN HERE?
    i suggest someone makes a thread for it with voting...
    :D

Add Comment