User Avatar Image

Ben Decision (Spoiler)

posted by LightsydeLuke on - last edited - Viewed by 352 users

Should I let Ben fall or pull him up? What did you guys do?

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Koi

I always pull him up. It just doesn't seem right to let him die when it's completely avoidable. Ultimately, it just depends on whether you want him to stick around a bit longer or not. :P

• pull him up, although he's not much use anyway :/

• Pull him up..Even when you hate him,no-one deserves to die THIS way :)

• Its doesn't make a huge difference so just ask yourself what you want to do. I'd personally had enough of him.

• Pull him up,Kenny's death in the next episode is better then.

...oops lol...

• Whatever you feel like doing.
    If you want to pull him up, pull him up.
    If you want to drop him, drop him.

I pulled him up, don't know why.
    Probably because he was only a kid and all.
    I slightly regret since I'm not a very forgiving person, but ah well.

• My personal reason to pull him: If you let him die, then what makes you better than the people Crawford?

• I dropped him only once in the multiple times I played the game. It wasn't out of hate, but just to see how the other characters react. It sickened me. Kenny was actually happy to see a kid die, and everyone else thought I was an evil bastard. The worst part was Clem. I tried to justify it, and all she said was "Oh, okay", like she does with every other tough choice I made. I just couldn't tell if she really understood.

After that, I always pull him up. There's no penalty for it. This is one of those choices where I think Telltale just didn't have much riding on it. They really should have had something bad happen if you save him. Like a tough escape event where the walkers catch up with you and you have to clear a path out to the roof. Drop Ben, and you get out easily. Something like that.

It just feels wrong to drop him. The entire time we knew him, no one believed in him. I could tell he was trying his damndest, but he just wasn't getting results. If I could forgive Duck's incompetence causing him to run over Shawn's leg and get him killed, and I can forgive Clem for not listening to Lee, running off with a stranger and getting Lee bitten, I can forgive Ben. The only mark against him in my book is when he abandoned Clem to save himself. Everything else was well-meaning. He's still a kid, after all. Screw ups are to be expected. Yeah, he made some big mistakes, but he always tried to do the right thing. I'd rather have that than someone like Larry who berates everyone around him.

• @BlackBoxx said: I dropped him only once in the multiple times I played the game. It wasn't out of hate, but just to see how the other characters react. It sickened me. Kenny was actually happy to see a kid die, and everyone else thought I was an evil bastard. The worst part was Clem. I tried to justify it, and all she said was "Oh, okay", like she does with every other tough choice I made. I just couldn't tell if she really understood.

After that, I always pull him up. There's no penalty for it. This is one of those choices where I think Telltale just didn't have much riding on it. They really should have had something bad happen if you save him. Like a tough escape event where the walkers catch up with you and you have to clear a path out to the roof. Drop Ben, and you get out easily. Something like that.

It just feels wrong to drop him. The entire time we knew him, no one believed in him. I could tell he was trying his damndest, but he just wasn't getting results. If I could forgive Duck's incompetence causing him to run over Shawn's leg and get him killed, and I can forgive Clem for not listening to Lee, running off with a stranger and getting Lee bitten, I can forgive Ben. The only mark against him in my book is when he abandoned Clem to save himself. Everything else was well-meaning. He's still a kid, after all. Screw ups are to be expected. Yeah, he made some big mistakes, but he always tried to do the right thing. I'd rather have that than someone like Larry who berates everyone around him.

Clem seemed to understand for me. I told her Ben wanted to be left behind the help the others escape and she said something about her mother saying that was the mark of a good person. I could respect that actually, because on at least two occasions before that he put himself before others (not intentionally, but through cowardice) and he chose to make sure he couldn't do it again.

He is young, so you can forgive him for being nervy and unsure of himself, but in the zombie apocalypse you need to grow up fast and even still he really should have known better. By about 16 years old and being 4 months into events you should really be savvy enough to realize the hatchet is in the door for a reason. Duck and Clem are about half his age.

Telltale put that decision in, because having widely blamed for episode 3's deaths and being pretty hated at time that was there way of saying "do you really hate him that much"

He was a better person than Larry though and Lilly as well since what he did was never fully on purpose (i don't think he consciously meant to leave Clem for example, it just happened) , 100% with you on that.

• Well do you want Clem to know that you've killed her only friend left?...

Add Comment