User Avatar Image

Not killing both of the ST Johns brothers is the wrong choice...

posted by Crixus on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

A majority of players chose to spare Andy ST John after they had previously killed Danny ST John. I think the choice to spare Andy is the wrong choice because there is no reason why he couldn't have escaped,it's not like he was trapped in a room,he was out in the open, plus there are weapons around the farm if he needed any, but another reason i chose not to spare him was because if he survived he will be obviously wanting revenge for the death of his mother and brother and he knows exactly where to go to find you. I know alot of people decided to not kill Andy because they were scared of what Clem would think after seeing her reaction to the death of Danny, but people have to remember that at the end of the day she is still a 8 year old little girl who doesnt always know or understand what is best for whereas Lee is a grown man who needs to do what is best for Clementine whether she agrees or likes what has to be done. Any thoughts?

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I always tried to educate Clementine, as I would have educating my own daughter. I tried to teach her that there is nothing more important than a human life, but to kill you need in only cases of extreme necessity.
    Besides, I gave Andy a chance, he did not used, I understand why, because he lost his entire family, Andy just fell to his knees and began to wait for his death. It was very dramatic.

• @zev_zev said: I always tried to educate Clementine, as I would have educating my own daughter. I tried to teach her that there is nothing more important than a human life, but to kill you need in only cases of extreme necessity.
    Besides, I gave Andy a chance, he did not used, I understand why, because he lost his entire family, Andy just fell to his knees and began to wait for his death. It was very dramatic.

True but when you make the choice to spare him you have no idea that he was most likely going to accept his death

• When Andy St. John challenged Lee "to fight him like a man" he was basically asking to get killed. He was already badly injured from the initial beating. The whole group was there to back Lee up as well. There was no way he could've beat Lee, and he knew it. It was kinda like a "suicide by cop" scenario. From that scene, I decided that Andy was broken and wanted to die. So, I decided to let the walkers finish him. It was basically two birds with one stone IMHO - walkers still kill Andy while I walk away looking like the better man to my group, especially for Clem. However, if there were no walkers converging on the farm, I would've killed Andy just to be safe and out of retribution.

The final scene at the diary farm is a really good scene.

• @double_u said: When Andy St. John challenged Lee "to fight him like a man" he was basically asking to get killed. He was already badly injured from the initial beating. The whole group was there to back Lee up as well. There was no way he could've beat Lee, and he knew it. It was kinda like a "suicide by cop" scenario. From that scene, I decided that Andy was broken and wanted to die. So, I decided to let the walkers finish him. It was basically two birds with one stone IMHO - walkers still kill Andy while I walk away looking like the better man to my group, especially for Clem. However, if there were no walkers converging on the farm, I would've killed Andy just to be safe and out of retribution.

The final scene at the diary farm is a really good scene.

Yeah For what its worth i think that even if Andy is spared he does get eaten because as you say he was a broken man but for me personally i could not take that chance,i had to make sure he would never come back.

• When Andy said: "Get back and finish this Lee!" If you choose to leave him, do you remember how Lee closed his eyes and shook his head? At this moment Lee as if mentally shouted: "I'm not as like you!"
    It's awesome

• @zev_zev said: When Andy said: "Get back and finish this Lee!" If you choose to leave him, do you remember how Lee closed his eyes and shook his head? At this moment Lee as if mentally shouted: "I'm not as like you!"
    It's awesome

It is an awesome scene as is his death scene, the voice actor for Andy is awesome aswell.

• @zev_zev said: When Andy said: "Get back and finish this Lee!" If you choose to leave him, do you remember how Lee closed his eyes and shook his head? At this moment Lee as if mentally shouted: "I'm not as like you!"
    It's awesome

That is awesome. I love the Linda Hostage situation to the last scene of the dairy, all is sooo dramatic and well done.. I just cant get enough of this game!

• Why kill them? It's easier to leave Danny to bleed to death in his own trap and leaving Andy to the zombies. There is no need to get blood on my hands.

• @J_Scheff said: That is awesome. I love the Linda Hostage situation to the last scene of the dairy, all is sooo dramatic and well done.. I just cant get enough of this game!

Who the fuck is Linda?

• @Kaserkin said: Why kill them? It's easier to leave Danny to bleed to death in his own trap and leaving Andy to the zombies. There is no need to get blood on my hands.

But you never see Andy get eaten, he could easily escape and what if he was to save Danny and then they both come for some revenge. They were evil men who for me anyways could not be allowed to live because of the threat they posed not just to me and my group but to any other survivors out there.

Add Comment