User Avatar Image

How have save file glitches affected your experience?

posted by stindo on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

See poll

115 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sat down last night to play TWD from a new save. After all, their recent patch alleges to fixe the save state issue.

I'll spare you the details but my save state was still corrupted after episode two.

I'm more pissed at myself for thinking Telltale games actually released a patch that fixed the game. I should have known better.

• A minor annoyance, I had my saves corrupt once (my own fault, trying to get SweetFX working), but it was easily fixable using the timestamp method.

• Technical issues for me amounted to a few unintentional chuckles as Duck didn't appear during one scene and a few minor instances of poorly-timed lip synching. Other than that, I experienced no glitches.

• I had to play through episodes one, two and three all over again, because as soon as I tried to boot up episode four it just took me straight to the start of episode one and my my entire playthrough had been erased. I put it down to maybe i'd done something wrong so begrudgingly played through the whole of the first three episodes again, this time continuing straight onto episode four in the hopes that it wouldn't happen again but nope - straight back to episode one. I would be as pissed off as I am if I hadn't also purchased episode five at the same time as I bought episode four, but it has totally ruined the experience for me and I don't know if I could stomach having to spend all that time playing through it again with the same choices being made. Alao thanks alot Mkane24 you fucking jerk.

• @DudeyMcCool said: I had to play through episodes one, two and three all over again, because as soon as I tried to boot up episode four it just took me straight to the start of episode one and my my entire playthrough had been erased. I put it down to maybe i'd done something wrong so begrudgingly played through the whole of the first three episodes again, this time continuing straight onto episode four in the hopes that it wouldn't happen again but nope - straight back to episode one. I would be as pissed off as I am if I hadn't also purchased episode five at the same time as I bought episode four, but it has totally ruined the experience for me and I don't know if I could stomach having to spend all that time playing through it again with the same choices being made. Alao thanks alot Mkane24 you fucking jerk.

......uhhhh what?

• @mkane24 said: ......uhhhh what?

You posted a massive spoiler, I guess you removed it/a mod removed it.

• oh...sorry. i figured since the thread was about the entire game people would have finished it before reading.

• @mkane24 said: oh...sorry. i figured since the thread was about the entire game people would have finished it before reading.

That's why a separate forum was created specifically for the spoilers. There will always be people who have never played the game no matter how long after its release, and thus spoilers should try to be avoided in the non-spoilers section.

Regarding the save glitches, i experienced them from episode 3 onward but always resolved them in the end, so I'd say it's been a minor annoyance. I do hope that this is completely resolved come season 2, as no one should have to be troubled by this when playing through this incredible experience.

Barring the minor aesthetic bugs that everyone has, the save glitches are the only real problem here.

• Never had a problem playing through the PS3 version of the game, all saves worked perfectly. Did have a really annoying glitch on episode 3 that put the camera in a angle where the game wasn't even playable, had to restart it several times. Just happy it saved literally right before it.

I can't remember now if I restarted my PS3 until it worked, or there was a patch the next day or shortly after it. I remember Episode 2 got released a day later for PS3 at least because the game wouldn't load, really annoying for me because I had waited eagerly since Episode 1 to be released.

I feel bad for you people with these save bugs, must of been really lucky to avoid all of them :S.

• I can't play anything past episode 2, if I try to jump into episode 3, 4 or 5 I get sent back to episode 1. I honestly feel ripped off by this, how a game with a bug that massive can get released, let alone win GOTY is beyond me. I wouldn't even care as much as I do if there was some magical work around, but there isn't. No matter what I do, no matter how many times I delete and redownload the episodes, no matter how many times I play through episode 1 or 2 and no matter what choices I make, I can only play through 2/5 of what I have paid for.

Add Comment