User Avatar Image

Should we have told Clementine about her parents?

posted by JudeDismas on - last edited - Viewed by 1.0K users

While I was playing I, like many it seems, avoided telling Clementine that her parents were probably dead. Now I know telling her doesn't really effect anything in the plot, but if this were happening in real life, do you think it would be better to tell her the truth?

I mean, on one hand, we don't know for sure that her parents are dead, and the possibility that they may be alive seems to give her some hope.

On the other hand, she does several dangerous things trying to find her parents, and it seems wrong to lie to her about something so important.

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @chiefzackery said: I don't understand what she wanted to tell them that she can shoot about how he murdered idk

About all what happened from the moment of their last radiocommunication (when Lee and Kenny returned from the drugstore at the beginning of the episode).
    About attack by motel, about Carley/Doug, about what Lee has done with Lilly... and about that they go to Savannah by train.

• Telling Clem her parents are dead would have probably been a good choice. She'd have to accept it, unlike that part in episode 3. If she did, she would have never talked to the Stranger on the radio about finding her parents.

• @zev_zev said: About all what happened from the moment of their last radiocommunication (when Lee and Kenny returned from the drugstore at the beginning of the episode).
    About attack by motel, about Carley/Doug, about what Lee has done with Lilly... and about that they go to Savannah by train.

He had no contact due to radio with her. They were just faked.

• "I know its just pretend" She had at the end of ep.1 Damn stranger

• @Shrewsbury Survivor said: "I know its just pretend" She had at the end of ep.1 Damn stranger

No, she had not. Walkie Talkies don't reach from Macon to Savannah.

• I believe Clementine knew, to a certain extend, that her parents are more than likely dead. Especially after she saw the state Savannah and Crawford were in.

She just doesn't want to believe it and was hoping against hope. Seeing is believing... and sadly she saw the truth for herself.

I try not to tell her about her parents... I'm just not sure how to break it to her without breaking her heart! :(

• I wanted to tell her directly that, but she cried when I told her :\
    I wished there was an option to tell her what her parents said in the answering machine, or let her listen to it herself.
    I guess it was sorta my fault too because I keep on giving her false hope, but what the Stranger did, manipulating her mind because she was naive was way worse >:0

• @AnnaSan said: I wanted to tell her directly that, but she cried when I told her :\
    I wished there was an option to tell her what her parents said in the answering machine, or let her listen to it herself.
    I guess it was sorta my fault too because I keep on giving her false hope, but what the Stranger did, manipulating her mind because she was naive was way worse >:0

Seems like it was obvious that the parents were dead from the answering machine's messages? How did people tell? I didn't even hear any commotion in the background, only that the call was cut off which I assumed was because the line or electricity was cut off. :confused:

I thought the crying from the mother was because she knew of the situation of their hometown and was worried sick about Clementine. :(

But on hindsight, her cracking up was also because she knew the end was coming and she was wishing against all hope that her daughter could still be or would be alive... I guess I'm too dense to make that out... :(

• @AnekiGX said: Seems like it was obvious that the parents were dead from the answering machine's messages? How did people tell? I didn't even hear any commotion in the background, only that the call was cut off which I assumed was because the line or electricity was cut off. :confused:

I thought the crying from the mother was because she knew of the situation of their hometown and was worried sick about Clementine. :(

But on hindsight, her cracking up was also because she knew the end was coming and she was wishing against all hope that her daughter could still be or would be alive... I guess I'm too dense to make that out... :(

I don't know about you, but I heard a shit load of zombie moaning in the background of her last call.

• @AnekiGX said: Seems like it was obvious that the parents were dead from the answering machine's messages? How did people tell? I didn't even hear any commotion in the background, only that the call was cut off which I assumed was because the line or electricity was cut off. :confused:

"Ed had accident with some guy at the motel" - or something like that, that's reason why were they at hospital.

Add Comment