User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]The Walking Dead episode 5 and entire game REVIEW thread

posted by Vainamoinen on - last edited - Viewed by 11K users

Yup, this is it. Post your long and short, detailed or general, random or specific thoughts about the last episode and concluding thoughts about the Season right here.

No spoiler tags necessary, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU'VE PLAYED THE EPISODES!!!

(poll rates the whole game, not just episode 5)

278 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I am 100% a FPS gamer. I rarely venture out of this realm with GTA and Halo Wars as an exception. So for me to rate this game a 10... That says something.

This game was my best surprise of 2012, and I am glad I gave it a shot. The story was amazing, the graphics were great (in their own way) and the relationships were strait out above and beyond gaming expectations.

People who are upset about the game ultimately not making your choices change how the game ended. I have a few words for you: This game is tailored to how you play, not altered. The relationships and choices you make effect how the game plays out for your experience, but it does not have to alter how it ends.

I hate the ending, Lee was an awesome guy, and Clem deserved to have him protect her through the whole series. But I also love that the game made me feel the way it did with the ending, making me sad, depressed, angry, and betrayed just shows how good the writing and story is for this game.

So 10/10 is well deserved for Tell Tales The Walking Dead Game.

• One of the best games I've played and I'm being completely honest.

• @JordyLicht said: Wow, I loved episode 5, in fact, it was my favorite one :P

I didn't dislike the episode because Lee died. I disliked the episode because it was the shortest, the conflict with the stranger felt awkward, the death of Kenny to save Ben seemed completely out of character, and Clem being able to drag Lee to safety when completely surrounded seemed like a huge leap a faith.

In my opinion, I felt like episode 4 was the best.

• @Sodawasser said: I voted for 7
    I don't want to make a list of positive aspects because I mostly liked the game I just say the negative things:
    Episode 1 lagged sometimes (tried on 3 different new PC's). So there might have been a component in these computers which wasn't good for the game. Anyway this shouldn't be in a game with that low engine and graphic details. (they were okay for the game but anyway) -> -1 point
    There were no real decissions and only one ending, I really disliked that -> -2 points
    Anyway I had fun playing this game. That is why I think 7 points are okay.

I respect your comment, and I think 1 ending was annoying too, but episdoe six is gonna be a different game, (Same style, but different download) so it would be impossible to connect, though I think you're point is agreed.

• @mkane24 said:

Spoilers, spoilers, spoilers.

In my opinion, I felt like episode 4 was the best.

Come on dude, this isn't the place for spoilers.

• A full 10! Good game, Telltale! :)

• For me it was an easy decision although it had flaws like every game ever made!! I gave it 10 based on how original and unique it is. There might be another game like this, but it isnt nearly as good as the story the game play how the story can change up according to decisions you make. and since most of us playing it were familiar with the walking dead some way or another, it added a deep emotional attachment value to it! which all those combines to me earns a perfect 10!

• Cons:
    *Controller- Sometimes I got frustrated at the controller, I died very unnecessary a few times because the controller was off. Like, when I jumped the roof and tried to grab Molly's arm, I clicked it several times and just went bang on the ground anyways. This also happened with a few zombie encounters.
    *Options- Sometimes I got frustrated by not enough options in how to act. I wanted to brawl with Larry and Kenny a lot sooner and tell them where to stick it.
    *Puzzles- Sometimes I got frustrated by how easy the puzzles were. It's more of a tale than point and click, but the timed puzzles saved some of that.
    *Highlight/hotspots- Without the options where you can actually get highlights/hotspots of stuff, the controller was awful and unplayable. First off, I turned off all help options because TTG games are often easy as is, but just trying to find the highlight for the very first window after the car crashing scene made realize that there is no way I'd do anything without highlights.

Pros
    *Sounds- music, voices, voice acting, sounds- all so real. Just fantastic.
    *Characters- awesome. What depth! Incredible how you made me relate and care/feel about all these characters.
    *Story- amazing, although I'd have liked to keep on as Lee.
    *All in all- now it may look like the cons are a lot more than the pros, but the truth is that everything else than the cons I've listed was just pure gravy. This is by far the best TTG made imo.

All in all, I can't wait for s2 where I hope to play as Molly, starting to find a cure and solve wtf is going on.

• I am surprised at how many people are not so happy with how the choices affect the game. I have been a long time gamer and this is the one game that I feel your decisions actually matter. Mass Effect and other games dont really give me the full impact of your choice. I rated it a ten, out of all the games I have ever played, this game is one of my all time favorites.

Add Comment