User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 199.5K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @dustpuffs said: Either that bunny is in big trouble, or it's about to take over the world.

:D.

• @16_BIT_MARIO1 said: You are now aware of the fact that your lower jaw has weight, and that it takes effort to support it.

You are now aware that there is a ringing in your ears.

See, I can be obnoxious too.

• You are now aware the fact you are in love with me.

• If it’s only for money, then it ain’t love.

• @Noname215 said: If it’s only for money, then it ain’t love.

No worries there I got nothing.

• Huh. I haven't checked this thread in a week and I come back to find that there's only two pages waiting for me.

@16_BIT_MARIO1 said: You are now aware of the fact that your lower jaw has weight, and that it takes effort to support it.

@16_BIT_MARIO1 said: You are now aware that there is a ringing in your ears.

See, I can be obnoxious too.

You're now breathing manually.

• And now I'm sick. Guru, I blame you for this. Somehow, you managed to figure out how to transmit human viruses over the internet.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@coolsome said: No worries there I got nothing.

Your continuous posts in the "last item you purchased" thread prove otherwise. In other words: If he's a Doctor Who fan, DON'T TAKE HIM. Or her, for that matter! :D

• Why do I have two neighbors with their Christmas lights still lit? Sure, it's been cold as hell, and I don't expect them to take them down, but unplug the things for shit sake, it's nearly February. It isn't like they have some reasoning for it, like promising they'd keep them lit till their kid comes home from the military or something. I don't know why it bugs the hell out of me so much that CHRISTMAS lights are on forever, but it does.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@dustpuffs said: Why do I have two neighbors with their Christmas lights still lit? Sure, it's been cold as hell, and I don't expect them to take them down, but unplug the things for shit sake, it's nearly February. It isn't like they have some reasoning for it, like promising they'd keep them lit till their kid comes home from the military or something. I don't know why it bugs the hell out of me so much that CHRISTMAS lights are on forever, but it does.

It could depend on the branch of Christianity they follow. For denominations that follow the Julian calendar, the Feast of the Nativity of Our Lord begins on the 7th of January, and the twelve days of Christmas would follow that, followed by the Feast of the Theophany on the 20th.

Considering their Christmas celebrations would end in late January, they might decide to keep their lights up until February, like how some people who celebrate Christmas on December 25th decide to keep their lights up until the new year.

This discussion has been closed.