User Avatar Image

Does everybody have a job on these forums?

posted by Lil Kis on - last edited - Viewed by 486 users

I'm probably the only one who doesn't. WHat about everyone else?

64 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I work for a video game store, a comic store and direct a horror host TV show

• I currently do not have a job but I'm focusing on my studies so I can get a better job and something I would be interested in (Speech-Language Pathology and hopefully doing voice acting on the side) but I'll say a little bit about my old job that I left not too long ago.

I used to be a pizza maker and donut maker for a gas station. If we had food like Chicken tenders or French fries I was told how to make those too. I was one of the few that actually knew all the shifts and what to do on them, I wasn't the quickest but customers liked me and so did my boss and coworkers so it all worked out. If the kitchen wasn't busy I had to clean around the store, mess with pop/water/juice stock, and make sure the gas pumps and outside was clean (and clean an awful grease trap on Sunday nights if I had it). At first it was a very fun job to do but after 3-4 years of it I just didn't have the heart to continue doing it and thought it wouldn't be fair to myself to keep going to something I started to dread going to.

Sorry that was longer than intended lol. But I still love some of the people there and my boss, they are very nice people and I would work for them again if it presents itself down the road.

tl;dr No I don't have a job currently lol

• I do not have a job. I got sick about 7 years ago, and despite more doctors and tests than I can count, have never been given a diagnosis. There are multiple issues involved with this, but the worst is the fatigue. On my worst days it is so bad I can barely stand in the shower, though thankfully those days have become fewer and fewer as time goes on. I don't know if I'll ever be able to work again, and I don't like not having the option. I used to work in property management, and if you want to see Americans at their worst, rent apartments to them.
    Thankfully, my husband's job provides for us just fine, and he is very supportive of me.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@dustpuffs said: I used to work in property management, and if you want to see Americans at their worst, rent apartments to them.

The lease agreement I just signed contains a clause specifying that all garbage in the apartment must be placed in some kind of receptacle (as distinct from, say, scattered about the floor, or piled up neatly in a corner). The fact that "PUT YOUR GARBAGE IN A GARBAGE CAN" apparently needs to be written into leases is somewhat disturbing.

• @puzzlebox said: The lease agreement I just signed contains a clause specifying that all garbage in the apartment must be placed in some kind of receptacle (as distinct from, say, scattered about the floor, or piled up neatly in a corner). The fact that "PUT YOUR GARBAGE IN A GARBAGE CAN" apparently needs to be written into leases is somewhat disturbing.

We had a guy sneak a German Sherpherd into a no-pets-allowed studio, and never let it out. For 3 weeks. He needed to sign a " pick up poop and flush it" clause, because he didn't do that once. Even in hazmat suits, the cleaning guys didn't want to touch that place.

• I'm in your 401ks and IRAs, buying your mutual funds and whatnot.

At least, if you have one of those. At my company. Obviously.

• I have two jobs. One is being a mod for a forum dedicated to the works of Spumco(Ren and Stimpy) and the other is a part time job at Whole foods as a bagger.

• I ehh.. teach history and writing, and things like that.

Add Comment