User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 126.5K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Jennifer said: It could depend on the branch of Christianity they follow. For denominations that follow the Julian calendar, the Feast of the Nativity of Our Lord begins on the 7th of January, and the twelve days of Christmas would follow that, followed by the Feast of the Theophany on the 20th.

Considering their Christmas celebrations would end in late January, they might decide to keep their lights up until February, like how some people who celebrate Christmas on December 25th decide to keep their lights up until the new year.

One family is Mormon and the other Lutheran. And they don't normally keep their lights lit this long, so I don't know what is up with them.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@dustpuffs said: One family is Mormon and the other Lutheran. And they don't normally keep their lights lit this long, so I don't know what is up with them.

Oh, well, I'm not sure then. Hopefully they'll have them down by February (our landlord has a strict February 1st rule for taking down Christmas decorations because he feels it makes the place look tacky to have them up too long).

• Just had an epic 1 vs 1 fisticuff battle on Chivalry.

(Be lightest class that has dodge. Switch to fists. Proceed to Kung fu!)

• Sometimes, youtube is full of win:

agWeHBr.png

• A stupid person needs some assistance. I tried to post a photo on here, but I can't get it to work. I put the photo in my user album. Clicked on the insert image button on the message box. Typed in the url of the image. The thing just didn't show up. It's something new I am trying to learn to do, since I have had to teach myself pretty much anything to do with the internet. A little help please?

• @dustpuffs said: A stupid person needs some assistance. I tried to post a photo on here, but I can't get it to work. I put the photo in my user album. Clicked on the insert image button on the message box. Typed in the url of the image. The thing just didn't show up. It's something new I am trying to learn to do, since I have had to teach myself pretty much anything to do with the internet. A little help please?

There are two ways. You can either upload the image to the forums itself as an attachment and then link to the attachment, or you can upload an image to an image-hosting site (I greatly prefer this method) and use said site's link to the uploaded image. Make sure to resize the original image so that it fits inside the box for your post (800px wide or less should cover this). It is bad forum etiquette (read as: very rude) to post huge images that require you to scroll horizontally to see the rest of what doesn't fit on the screen.

You can either upload the image directly to the Telltale forums as an attachment to your post:

7NwrSO8.pngOR you can upload it to an image-hosting website and link to the url from there (THIS IS EASIER):

VE52Vab.pngEither way, after that, you link the image into your post:

9bbMBsz.png

• Okay, thank you, I'll give it a try. I really appreciate the detailed help; this has been driving me crazy and making me feel stupid, which I don't usually feel. Question: is there an image hosting site you would recommend?

Edit: duh, now I see imgur.com on your post above. I think I need more sleep or something.

• I like imgur.com

Some people use imageshack.us or photobucket.com

• I use imgur for everything. EVEN YOUR MOMMA.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

This one has pretty reliable results...
    http://www.postimage.org/

Don't use imageshack. They desperately try to suck in customers. This is the picture hoster of yesteryear.

This discussion has been closed.