User Avatar Image

Four in February

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 652 users

I know people don't like me linking to Kotaku, but there's an interesting post there about a 'Four in February' initiative. Here's the page link

In short, the idea behind 'Four in February' is to finish four games in February.

...and that's it.

It's basically just a simple drive to get people to finish four games they've been meaning to get round to. No actual rules, just pick four games and do your damnedest to finish them all.

I've already picked my four, so I'll list 'em here.

- Halo: Combat Evolved - Anniversary Edition (XBox 360 - never got past the Library in the original version, so it'll be interesting to see if I can do it this time)
- Fable: The Lost Chapters (on Steam, since I picked it up and promptly did nothing with it)
- Ratchet & Clank 3 (from the PS3 trilogy - despite finishing the PS2 version I never got round to the PS3 one despite it being the best of the trilogy)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Steam again. HATED this game first time round, but I want to see how hilariously bad the story is).

And if I finish all four, I'll celebrate by playing The Force Unleashed II. *shudder*

So yeah, that's Four in February. Anyone else feel like joining in?

95 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That sounds good to me, been waiting for an excuse to finish some games I bought ages ago. These are my pics:
    DeathSpank
    Psychonauts
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent
    Mirror's Edge

• Sounds interesting. I think i will try
    Lego Batman 2 again but just the story because i don't know how long it would take to 100% it.
    Jak 3 and Ratchet & Clank 2 (I'm already about half way through on both because i started playing them.)
    Portal 2 (Single Player)
    Sly 3.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

Sure, I'll bite. I'm going to be doing a lot of backseat driving anyway.

The Cave (all seven stories)
    Gemini Rue
    The World Ends With You
    The Walking Dead (yes... I haven't finished it yet... sue me. I should. It's good.)

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

I'm in!

[LIST]
    [*]Journey (the main reason I wanted a PS3 before an Xbox)
    [*]Thomas Was Alone (little bro gifted it to me for Christmas)
    [*]Portal 2 (started playing it with my guy this weekend!)
    [*]The Cave (ok, so this hasn't been out long at all... I still plan to finish it in Feb :P)
    [/LIST]

• I think it's highly unlikely I will finish any game in February. This is mainly because most of my unfinished games are epic RPGs that last ~100 hrs.

• LET'S DO THIS

Epic Mickey - Haven't started. Was waiting to pick up Power of Two and Power of Illusion, but that's not happening anytime soon.

Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness - I started this one once and was on a roll, but the memory card I was using died, and while I was able to rescue some saves, Pokémon can't be moved or copied. I don't recall where I left off in my second attempt. I may just have to scrap this one and start over, making it the biggest challenge on this list.

Sonic Generations - I've been dawdling through the end of this one, between renovating the house and the fact that the last third of the game is based on Sonic games I don't own and haven't played. I just have to finish the challenges in the Modern Era, fight the third boss, and have my final boss fight with the Time Eater.

NiGHTS Into Dreams - Because why the hell not. I may decide to swap this one out with one of the many other untouched games I have on Steam, like Quantum Conundrum or Tomb Raider: Anniversary or something.

• I'd rather finish making a game, but if I finish anything in February...

Paper Mario: Sticker Star
    Spec Ops: The Line
    Grey Matter
    Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers

or the rest of Space Quest.

• I apparently actively hate myself.
    -Hotline Miami
    -FTL
    -Super Hexagon
    -they Bleed Pixels

• No shit. I've been playing Super Hexagon like crazy since it came out on Android. I somehow managed to get past Hexagoner yesterday on PC, and had my ass handed to me by Hexagonest. If you manage to actually get past Hyper Hexagonest and finish the game, you'll have my undying respect.

• Hmmm...

Resident Evil 6 (almost done with it, just one more campaign)

Bayonetta (I forget which chapter I'm on I just stopped playing for reasons unknown to me now)

The Last Remnant (I lose interest in the game right when I start side quests...but I want to do them but I don't like them but they're there and GAH)

Batman: Arkham City (Haven't started it, keep hearing it's really good and it's just sitting there)

I have tons I don't finish but these I feel are the best pick.

Add Comment