User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 91.8K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GaryCXJk said: Also, please do not PM me to complain about something you perceive as "being a dick" or "making an ass out of you". It makes you look like an ass.

I would never do that. In PM, I mean.

• You had it coming Gary. I couldn't stand your dickishness any longer.

• I'm sure you guys all know but last night The Rock won the WWE title! Seeing him hold that belt in that classic pose brougham back a lot of memories.

RR13_Photo_100_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=44

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

After dustpuffs's yard photo, here's a pic of Telltale's backyard today:

[ATTACH]3651[/ATTACH]

California: I don't mind it.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@puzzlebox said: After dustpuffs's yard photo, here's a pic of Telltale's backyard today:

California: I don't mind it.

Geez, rub it in. This is always how my town gets this time of year:

Iced_Over_Lake_Engulfs_Tree_by_JenniBee.

• I've got enough snow thanks. Would you like some -40? it's free.

• Snow is melting right now. We finally get a good amount of snow and it's already freaking melting. GOD DAMMIT MICHIGAN!

• iama baby whale shark ama

• @DAISHI said: You had it coming Gary. I couldn't stand your dickishness any longer.

Naw, I won't blame you if you ever get mad at me. It would mean I was actually a dick.

No, it was some person here who complained about me pointing out something on the forums, and I'm not going to say who it exactly is. It wasn't even in a dickish tone, and that person needs to learn that some things aren't a personal attack, because if a mod has to point it out it will come harder.

On an unrelated but kind of related note, I don't like to use my autism (Asperger syndrome, or whatever it falls under nowadays) as an excuse to act like a dick. People who do that are just dicks. Sure you can unintentionally say stuff in a way that may sound dickish, but when you are actively acting like a dick, you are a dick.

On another unrelated note, I'm now working on a novella, based on the Eldritch Fairytales idea I had. I've decided to change things around, since I'm not going to be making a game out of it anyway, and have the main focus be Edgar (original character) and "Diana". I also turned the "Cthulhu did it" storyline into a more generalized "dark forces", so that it could add a little bit more threat. I might have other public domain characters feature, though. Carmilla for example is one of the characers I'd like to use, and perhaps I can fit a Count Orlok somewhere.

Anyway, I have a leanpub page for Eldritch Fairytales, although it remains unpublished until I have at least three chapters. It might only have around 100 pages (in PDF format), so it won't be that long. The minimum price is $0.99, but I might give out coupons for free copies.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@GaryCXJk said: On an unrelated but kind of related note, I don't like to use my autism (Asperger syndrome, or whatever it falls under nowadays) as an excuse to act like a dick. People who do that are just dicks. Sure you can unintentionally say stuff in a way that may sound dickish, but when you are actively acting like a dick, you are a dick.

I just want you to know that you have a fellow Aspie here at the Telltale forums, so you're not alone. I was diagnosed with high functioning autism in 1993 before they stopped using that as a diagnosis and split the diagnosis into categories (and out of all the high-functioning autism disorders, the symptoms of Asperger's fit me best).

@GaryCXJk said: Anyway, I have a leanpub page for Eldritch Fairytales, although it remains unpublished until I have at least three chapters. It might only have around 100 pages (in PDF format), so it won't be that long. The minimum price is $0.99, but I might give out coupons for free copies.
    Oh wow, I never heard of that website before! I really like the idea of publishing the book as it's being written.

I might pop the novel I'm writing up on there too (once I sort a few things out, since it's a completely different beast than it was when I first started writing it (and even slightly different than the bit I already posted in the writing thread).

This discussion has been closed.