User Avatar Image

Four in February

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

I know people don't like me linking to Kotaku, but there's an interesting post there about a 'Four in February' initiative. Here's the page link

In short, the idea behind 'Four in February' is to finish four games in February.

...and that's it.

It's basically just a simple drive to get people to finish four games they've been meaning to get round to. No actual rules, just pick four games and do your damnedest to finish them all.

I've already picked my four, so I'll list 'em here.

- Halo: Combat Evolved - Anniversary Edition (XBox 360 - never got past the Library in the original version, so it'll be interesting to see if I can do it this time)
- Fable: The Lost Chapters (on Steam, since I picked it up and promptly did nothing with it)
- Ratchet & Clank 3 (from the PS3 trilogy - despite finishing the PS2 version I never got round to the PS3 one despite it being the best of the trilogy)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Steam again. HATED this game first time round, but I want to see how hilariously bad the story is).

And if I finish all four, I'll celebrate by playing The Force Unleashed II. *shudder*

So yeah, that's Four in February. Anyone else feel like joining in?

95 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GuruGuru214 said: LET'S DO THIS

Epic Mickey - Haven't started. Was waiting to pick up Power of Two and Power of Illusion, but that's not happening anytime soon.

Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness - I started this one once and was on a roll, but the memory card I was using died, and while I was able to rescue some saves, Pokémon can't be moved or copied. I don't recall where I left off in my second attempt. I may just have to scrap this one and start over, making it the biggest challenge on this list.

Sonic Generations - I've been dawdling through the end of this one, between renovating the house and the fact that the last third of the game is based on Sonic games I don't own and haven't played. I just have to finish the challenges in the Modern Era, fight the third boss, and have my final boss fight with the Time Eater.

NiGHTS Into Dreams - Because why the hell not. I may decide to swap this one out with one of the many other untouched games I have on Steam, like Quantum Conundrum or Tomb Raider: Anniversary or something.

You should finish Planescape: Torment. Also, you should start Planescape: Torment.

• *Testament Of Sherlock Holmes.
    * Metal Gear Rising
    * Epic Mickey
    * Strangers Wrath.

• If I do it'll be Serious Sam 3, BioShock, Prey, and Ben There Dan That. I've taken far too long not finishing them. However, it's an incredibly busy month for me. We'll see what happens.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

Waiting for someone to post Skyrim or Minecraft. Although if "beating main storyline /quest" is the point of the event, then I suppose it's doable.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I've got quite a few adventure games on my to finish list. I think I'll do some Sierra games in February:

King's Quest V (I put this one aside, I really should get back to it)
    Leisure Suit Larry 5 (I just finished up Larry 3)
    Police Quest 2 (I finished Police Quest I way back in 2007 and never got to the others)
    Quest for Glory 2 (I'll likely finish up the first one before February)

• @Alcoremortis said: You should finish Planescape: Torment. Also, you should start Planescape: Torment.

I just may do that. How's the length? Can I play it start to finish in a month while finishing three other games?

• It really depends on what path you take. There's lots of ways to the finish and I've only done one of them. And I did it pretty inefficiently as well, since I redid huge chunks of the game to see what would happen if I did things differently (mainly because I wanted to see what the story would be like if I made a different choice).

• Witcher 2
    Lost Odyssey
    Final Fantasy Dimensions
    Skyrim

... Welp, I'm screwed.

• Leave Skyrim until last. That's the only way you'll survive.

• Or maybe you could just not pick RPGs. That might be an idea. :)

Add Comment