User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 24.2K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @AnekiGX said: How about continuing from when Lilly drove off with the RV? And then halfway through the story she will meet Molly who left Savannah on foot just before the zombies swarmed the city. They can even have a close relationship of sorts... and maybe even allow us to alternate between them (Molly's pretty cool) or let us choose whose story to walk through. :D

Lilly was inside the Walking Dead strip, This was before she appears inside the strip same with Glen. So I don’t think it’s gone happen.

• Alright.
    Lee isn't daed.
    Theory 1: "Shoot Lee Ending" Clementine jerks her gun as she shoot to her right as she pulls the trigger, thus missing Lee. A raspy breath can be heard when the screen goes black. Lee is found by other survivors(Kenny?) who (cut his arm off/clean the infection from the removed arm). This will eventually allow him to be at full strength again.
    Theory 2: "Let Him Turn Ending
    Lee is found by other survivors(Kenny?) who (cut his arm off/clean the infection from the removed arm).
    All Theories:
    He goes in the only direction possible(also the only one available to Clementine). He travels from shelter to shelter, finding signs of Clementine. The journey is different depending on what you told her to do in Lee's dying moments. He will eventually find her(because of Telltales ability to throw a wrench in things, she'll probably be dead or amputated or near death).
    If anyone sees any holes in the theory please tell me.

• @Hoodie Cthulhu said: Alright.
    Lee isn't daed.
    Theory 1: "Shoot Lee Ending" Clementine jerks her gun as she shoot to her right as she pulls the trigger, thus missing Lee. A raspy breath can be heard when the screen goes black. Lee is found by other survivors(Kenny?) who (cut his arm off/clean the infection from the removed arm). This will eventually allow him to be at full strength again.
    Lee is found by other survivors(Kenny?) who (cut his arm off/clean the infection from the removed arm).
    All Theories:
    He goes in the only direction possible(also the only one available to Clementine). He travels from shelter to shelter, finding signs of Clementine. The journey is different depending on what you told her to do in Lee's dying moments. He will eventually find her(because of Telltales ability to throw a wrench in things, she'll probably be dead or amputated or near death).

I would be OK with this, but Lee is confirmed dead and even if he wasn't, what about the people who didn't cut off his arm?

• @Hoodie Cthulhu said: Alright.
    Lee isn't daed.
    All Theories:

Would be a nice plot-line, but its not plausible that he made it, Sure Clem may have missed the shot, but did you see the state he was in during his final scene? That was not a man who a passer-by could have saved.

• I don't know if it's been suggested already because I'm only about half-way through this thread, but this is for those suggesting fully customizable characters:
    I personally don't want a customizable character. I love the story that TTG tells, and trying to combine wonderful storytelling with a player's customizable character is not only hard, but unnecessary.
    If TTG has a clear-cut end, I would suggest this -
    Make a sandbox finale. If TTG plans to make only 5, 5-episode seasons, after the last episode of the last season, put out a FO3-esque sandbox "finale".
    I mention Fallout 3 specifically because it had a wonderful blend of powerful storytelling, plentiful quests, the option to complete the main quest right away or not, a giant world, and complete and utter wonderful sandbox-ness. lol
    When TTG is done with its version of TWD, I would love to see their version of a sandbox TWD game. :)

Edit -

I think that a woman protagonist would be the most fun for season two. Not necessarily any woman we've met before, in fact, I would hope not.
    There was a novel I started to read once (wish I could remember the name) where an abused wife narrowly escapes being eaten by her two children and husband only to become a very strong and capable leading member in a big group later on.
    What I loved about Lee was that I always had that butthole-pucker moment when he met someone new. Would his being black effect how they treated him? Were they racist? And he did get the 'boy' comment more than once through my game play.
    I know as a woman, if I was in a small group and we ran into a big group with a lot of guys, I'd be worried about being raped, treated like currency, being a second class citizen. At the same time, there may be groups that would idolize women because stereotypically we wouldn't be very common.
    I know that right now, I don't get my hand shaken, or I get that gross hand-touch thing. I still have men try to exclude me from conversations, and sometimes I get the distinct feeling that if other people weren't around, I might be in trouble. (Of course, I only feel this way when I realize someone it actually stupid enough to think I couldn't defend myself ;) lol!)
    I would love to see the same adversity Lee faced brought to a woman.
    What I think would be very interesting would be playing a moderately attractive 30ish woman (somewhere around Carely's looks, I guess), who is on her own until she meets a teenaged boy. I know it sounds funny, but I'm talking late teens (16-18). This woman would be old enough to have a 15 year old. That could even be part of her back story is that she made dumb choices, was a teen mom, worked her way back up, and then this shit happens.
    Maybe she had an abusive husband and stayed with him because he took care of her and her kid even though he was mean.
    So now she has the choice to form a group with this young boy who obviously finds her attractive and risk sleeping next to a guy who may or may not be all that good, or to go out on her own.
    I also think the dynamic would be very interesting. He's strong enough to maybe overpower a woman, but not so strong that he could protect a group. The main character would have to be the "leader" (just as Lee really was the leader). At first he would really be more someone to be skeptical of, protect, and trade sleeping shifts with, but watching the two grow and form a larger group would be interesting, too.
    Please keep in mind I'm not talking another Ben. I'm talking about a stronger, smarter teen than Ben, maybe one who had a more questionable background than "band geek". Maybe stoner/slacker, or school-skipper. That stereotypical AEP kid that only really ever went to automotive class. (Another neat attribute among a group - having a mechanic/machinist.)
    I hope that isn't too rambling, I just wanted to get it out in the shortest way possible. (Possibly leaving things out along the way lol.)

Edit again -

I also think it would be fun/funny to have the new group stay the night in Clem's tree house or some other kind of fun little shout out to the previous characters. :P

Another edit -

Playing as a young child (5-12 years old) would be interesting. As would playing a 13-15-year-old. As a young child, you would have to rely on people, have the choice to be more like Clem, be completely useless, or maybe even be too hard. (Darker than comic-book-Carl, where you are capable like him, but have none of the humanity).
    Playing as a young teen would also be interesting, especially as a boy, because you get that awkward you are no longer a kid, you are old enough to take care of yourself, but because the adults around you are used to you just being some young high schooler, your opinions and wants are undermined.
    Anyway, I'll try to shut up with the suggestions, my post is getting a bit long lol.

• Do you guys think that we might play as officer Andre from episode 1 season 1? In the next 5 episodes? I feel there is a strong possibility of this for a few reasons.
    1. He parallel's Rick Grimes,
    2. It's pretty vague what happens to him ' after you get dropped off on Hershel's farm.
    3. Clementine has seen him and can identify with him. (So he could be one of the two people she saw at the end of episode five.)

It might just be wishful thinking but I think it would be pretty cool!

• @Greenj30 said: Do you guys think that we might play as officer Andre from episode 1 season 1? In the next 5 episodes? I feel there is a strong possibility of this for a few reasons.
    2. It's pretty vague what happens to him ' after you get dropped off on Hershel's farm.
    3. Clementine has seen him and can identify with him. (So he could be one of the two people she saw at the end of episode five.)

I doubt it, most likely be a complete stranger

• What about Chet? I think most people went to look for help by day so they didn't meet Andre.

• @Greenj30 said: Do you guys think that we might play as officer Andre from episode 1 season 1? In the next 5 episodes? I feel there is a strong possibility of this for a few reasons.

At first I thought so, too, I thought that officer Andre can be a new playable character, but I remembered that we can see him only if we choose to go by night. I mean that at night, Cheat are already dead. Officer Michell met Shawn after Cheats death, but what if Andre would die somehow if he would't meet Shawn, if Lee choose to go when still daylight? Plus Andre is a afro american...

Add Comment