User Avatar Image

3 Days after beating the game.....

posted by Advanced on - last edited - Viewed by 372 users

And this game is still on my mind constantly, specifically Clemintine.

During my playthrough of the game I really felt like Clemintine was a real daughter to me, the ending absolutely killed me inside and out, and I doubt I'll ever forget about this game.

But the thing that's amazed me even more is even after I beat the game.. and slept 2 nights I still think about the game. I still worry about Clementine (Even though I understand she is not real) and I still wish I could just see her smile and be happy just one more time :) ... I need to see that closure and know she's going to be okay.

I never thought a game could make me feel all these emotions. What an amazing game that I am so glad I didn't skip over (And I really had to force myself to buy it, I heard too many bad things like that it wasn't a game but a movie).

Now... anyone have any advice on how to stop thinking about it? Lol. I end up feeling sad a lot throughout the day just thinking about Clemintine's future and how much she went through :( Starting to get annoying that this is all I end up thinking about in my free time now, seriously lol.

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Me too. Completed in just before the new year, still can't stop thinking about it, listening to the soundtrack or watching videos about it.

Usually when I beat the game I don't play it anymore. Bizarre.

• This is the same way I felt. So hollow inside. Lots of folks talk about their second, third or fourth play thru...it's been a month now since I completed it. I've tried a couple of times to pick it back up and just can't. I was pretty pissed with how attached I got to this game, but it just takes a little time, lol. Mark of an excellent game.

• I played the game inside episodes, And not inside one time… So the impact was a lot lesser but it was hard breaking to see the end!

clamlee2.jpg

• ...It is impossible to not think about poor Clemmy.
    GOD DAMN IT ARGHHHHH!!

• Well, at least I now know it isn't just me getting overly attached but others as well.

Yay, I'm not crazy.... (Yet.)!

• I think this game has combined itself with all of the work I have to do before thursday and has given me some form of depression.

I am now dead inside.

• @Advanced said: Well, at least I now know it isn't just me getting overly attached but others as well.

Yay, I'm not crazy.... (Yet.)!

yeah yeah felt the same way, that's why I'm on this forum, I still think much about this game, finished it just before or right after new year, think it was just before though, and kept thinking about the game, about some death scenes, characters, and especially Clem, sure I did, I got attached to her too, I promised myself to keep her alive as long as Lee was breathing, and I didn't see a single Clementine-death-scene on my TV yet (only in YT videos) and now she's all alone, in that fucked up world, with two people right ahead, the hell do I know who they are... Omid and Christa? bandits? BATMAN? but it'll pass, it will get better, it took two weeks for me, couldn't play any game, except for X-com enemy unknown all the time, because it's slow paced and gives you time to think. You'll get over it. just take part in discussions on this forum, because I think you want to talk about some things too don't you?

Nah you're not crazy, telltale is just a saddistic developer, playing with our emotions and all, just kidding, those guys are great. :D :rolleyes:

no other game made me cry, Mass Effect 3 got 2 or 3 tiny tears outta me, but that's about it. I could barely see the ending scene, or read the subtitles in episode 5 though, it was just toooooo much :eek: :cool:

• @JakeSt123 said: I think this game has combined itself with all of the work I have to do before thursday and has given me some form of depression.

I am now dead inside.

^ That's how I felt the entire day after I beat the game :mad:

• Just write yourself a short fanfiction. A happy one, at that.

• @kevinStark said: I played the game inside episodes, And not inside one time… So the impact was a lot lesser but it was hard breaking to see the end!

clamlee2.jpg

SO manny tears... i cried myself to sleep.

Add Comment