User Avatar Image

3 Days after beating the game.....

posted by Advanced on - last edited - Viewed by 489 users

And this game is still on my mind constantly, specifically Clemintine.

During my playthrough of the game I really felt like Clemintine was a real daughter to me, the ending absolutely killed me inside and out, and I doubt I'll ever forget about this game.

But the thing that's amazed me even more is even after I beat the game.. and slept 2 nights I still think about the game. I still worry about Clementine (Even though I understand she is not real) and I still wish I could just see her smile and be happy just one more time :) ... I need to see that closure and know she's going to be okay.

I never thought a game could make me feel all these emotions. What an amazing game that I am so glad I didn't skip over (And I really had to force myself to buy it, I heard too many bad things like that it wasn't a game but a movie).

Now... anyone have any advice on how to stop thinking about it? Lol. I end up feeling sad a lot throughout the day just thinking about Clemintine's future and how much she went through :( Starting to get annoying that this is all I end up thinking about in my free time now, seriously lol.

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Advanced said: Now... anyone have any advice on how to stop thinking about it? Lol. I end up feeling sad a lot throughout the day just thinking about Clemintine's future and how much she went through :( Starting to get annoying that this is all I end up thinking about in my free time now, seriously lol.

    Well I can tell you from first hand experience that looking at fanart of what you wished happened doesn't help in the slightest.

    Family_zpse6b4b14b.jpg


    :(

    Talking about it seems to help though. Anything in particular you wanted to discuss?

  • I completed this game in December and it's still on my mind too

  • I finished the game the day the last episode was released. And still think about it way more than I should and way more than any other game i have ever played.

    I always invite a friend over and tell them to play it. Its actually quite fun to see other peoples decisions and the way your friends think in a tough situation. And its fun for you too, because the game is soooo great that even just watching it and not playing it still gives you the emotions of your first play thru.

  • ummm....maybe by living in the real world, getting a real life, understanding that while this was a great story thats all it was. enjoying the game or the forum is fine but letting it dominate your thoughts in reality is not. get out of the house, enjoy time with family and friends these are the things that make life worth living not fretting over the fate of characters in a story. i enjoyed this tale and discussing aspects of it here with others who did the same, but as soon as the comp is turned off my thoughts are mainly of my wife, my kids, friends, work, etc..

  • @Jaded X Gamer said: Well I can tell you from first hand experience that looking at fanart of what you wished happened doesn't help in the slightest.

    Family_zpse6b4b14b.jpg


    :(

    Talking about it seems to help though. Anything in particular you wanted to discuss?

    ...and the pain is back. :(. Thanks for that.

  • @ColtPeacemaker00 said: ummm....maybe by living in the real world, getting a real life, understanding that while this was a great story thats all it was. enjoying the game or the forum is fine but letting it dominate your thoughts in reality is not. get out of the house, enjoy time with family and friends these are the things that make life worth living not fretting over the fate of characters in a story. i enjoyed this tale and discussing aspects of it here with others who did the same, but as soon as the comp is turned off my thoughts are mainly of my wife, my kids, friends, work, etc..

    There's nothing wrong with reflecting on an emotionally invigorating experience such as this. Plus, there are people who relate with things in the game, and it affects them in real life.

    For example, there may be people who have had a close friend or relative commit suicide, and it hits them hard in real life when they see Katjaa in-game.

    It may just be a story to watch and forget for some, but for others it's a stimulating experience that they'll carry with them forever.

  • @Jaded X Gamer said: Family_zpse6b4b14b.jpg

    Just finished the game. I need a hug, really

  • @Mornai said: There's nothing wrong with reflecting on an emotionally invigorating experience such as this. Plus, there are people who relate with things in the game, and it affects them in real life.

    For example, there may be people who have had a close friend or relative commit suicide, and it hits them hard in real life when they see Katjaa in-game.

    It may just be a story to watch and forget for some, but for others it's a stimulating experience that they'll carry with them forever.


    i just don't get it i guess, i don't understand how playing an interactive story so affects someone that they will actuaiiy carry the experience with them forever, experiences like that for me are the births of my children, my marriage, the death of my father, the lives and sometimes the deaths of close friends, none of which i relate to the events of this story. real things that touch you in a profound way that you never forget, this is what matters. i don't need to relate these things to a fictioal taie to enjoy the tale, the events in this story were entertaining but i gain nothing substantial or spiritual from them, and certainly nothing i will carry forever. i reinterate, Advanced you want to not let your thoughts be dominated by a interactive game, something that in the grand scheme of your life means nothing. hug your wife/girlfriend, and kids, if you have them, spend the day with family, go out with your friends, have a beer with buddies, all these are things that matter and will reward your life far greater than anything you will get from this story. you don't have to stop playing games you just need to prioritize and realize what really matters. i will never understand why some here treat this story or the characters in it as something profound, an awe inspiring story that touched them in a way they will remember forever. for godsakes, if you really feel that way you have alot of surprises ahead you.

  • I was so obsessed after I finished the game that I looked up TellTales website and joined this forum. First and probably the last video game that will ever get me this attached

  • Not all people give a shit about the shit of another people. And it don’t matter maybe your wife cheated on you, Maybe your dad’s a creak addict and don’t care about you. And I don’t care about beer… I sport a lot with my friends. So I hope you see your life isn’t the same for other people! (ColtPeacemaker00) Think about it.!

Add Comment