17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

If Disney closed it only based on less than expected sales of Epic Mickey 2, I fear for the future of LucasArts considering their last published game, Kinect Star Wars, didn't exactly sell like hotcakes.

• The article says it sold only 270,000 across three platforms. That's terrible. And I'll say it. I love Epic Mickey, but it's a chore to go through Epic Mickey 2. It's just really badly designed.

• While I wasn't a big fan of Epic Mickey, that sucks to hear.

I hope things turn out well for Warren Spector. The man who created Deus Ex deserves only the best. ;)

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Between Junction Point and Vigil (though some of those folks found a home at Crytek), it sounds like there will be a fair few game devs on the market in Austin. Best wishes to all of them.

• @DAISHI said: The article says it sold only 270,000 across three platforms. That's terrible.

This was from an unconfirmed source. The actual number is closer to twice that.

I really enjoyed what I got to play of Epic Mickey 2 at PAX. Granted, I haven't gotten around to playing the first one yet, but from what little I experienced, I don't get where all the hate for the sequel comes from.

• So, can we be reasonably certain that the PC release of Epic Mickey 2 has been shelved? It was "delayed" to "January" and I've heard nothing since.

• @GuruGuru214 said: This was from an unconfirmed source. The actual number is closer to twice that.

I really enjoyed what I got to play of Epic Mickey 2 at PAX. Granted, I haven't gotten around to playing the first one yet, but from what little I experienced, I don't get where all the hate for the sequel comes from.

The problem is if you don't have a second player, Oswald can be really, really unresponsive to your commands, especially as you're trying to do more complicated things later into the game. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy it, but the feature is really buggy.

• Well, that would explain it. I got to play it twice, once as Oswald to Icedhope's Mickey, then later as Mickey with Fawful as my Oswald.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Well, that would explain it. I got to play it twice, once as Oswald to Icedhope's Mickey, then later as Mickey with Fawful as my Oswald.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I still like it, but that feature needed more polishing.

• @DAISHI said: The problem is if you don't have a second player, Oswald can be really, really unresponsive to your commands, especially as you're trying to do more complicated things later into the game. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy it, but the feature is really buggy.

VERY much this. I'd go so far as to say it was borderline broken at times.

When you release a sequel to a single-player game that practically forces you to play co-op, then I can see why it didn't sell all that well, whatever the actual figures were.

Doesn't mean I wanted the studio to close though, and I think it's something of a shame that it did. Hopefully Warren Spector & co. will go on to bigger (and better) things.

Add Comment