User Avatar Image

Foul Language Filter

posted by Anguish on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

I've recently been playing the walking dead on the 360 and i really enjoy it but i was just curious if there is or will ever been a Foul Language Filter.I know a lot of people play this game including children ages around 14 and up,not mine obviously because i don't have any.I know it's a mature rated game but there should be an option for it in case your playing this around family or friends with underage kids.I'm not here to nag I'm just here to suggest an add on or update for the title.What's your thoughts?

68 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If they cut all the swears out this game would have like 25% less dialogue. :p

• ROFL, love all the judgmental ******* responses here.

The answer to your question is no, there is no language filter. If you want one, you should make it known to telltale so they know there is consumer interest in that type of feature.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@nojuan said: ROFL, love all the judgmental a$$h0le responses here.

Great, more insults. You're really helping your argument there.

• @Vainamoinen said: Great, more insults. You're really helping your argument there.

Installed a language filter. :)

• @nojuan said: ROFL, love all the judgmental ******* responses here.

Opinionated, however, this being a public forum that's kind of expected. If people didn't have an opinion there wouldn't be a forum. Your comment was judgmental.

• @Cyreen said: Opinionated, however, this being a public forum that's kind of expected. If people didn't have an opinion there wouldn't be a forum. Your comment was judgmental.

No need to take it personally, mate. How about we just answer the question without passing judgment on the guy. :rolleyes:

• @nojuan said: No need to take it personally, mate. How about we just answer the question without passing judgment on the guy. :rolleyes:

Oh, I don't know, maybe because it's a game where horrific things occur, which are definitely rated R, but instead of requesting a violence and gore filter, he's more shocked by the language?

That doesn't seem askew to you at all?

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

tumblr_mh56xtvsu11r7mymoo1_1280.png

Jokes aside:

Yes, it's an unpopular opinion. And yes, this is a kind of paradox idea that seems to be at home in only one country in the world. And we being a rather international community, it is inevitable that eyes pop and words of (hopefully only) surprise are spoken.

The claim still stands that foul language is an integral part of the hard and cruel world of the Walking Dead, and only the popular TV series likes to tell us otherwise for obvious reasons - censorship reasons.

The designers have decided to add swearing to their game, and I guess it was a pretty conscious decision. In other adventure games the conscious decision was not to do it (a notable example is the original Maniac Mansion, where Tim Schafer wanted to put swearing in just for the heck of it and seemed to have been stunned by the simple question: "Does it add anything?"). I can respect both decisions.

In any case, the last thing we need here is an exchange of insults on the topic of swearing. ;)

• ^ about big lebowski, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXT0gOk1Ogw

that was the inspiration of my vid :P
    The movie was awesome btw

• @nojuan said: No need to take it personally, mate. How about we just answer the question without passing judgment on the guy. :rolleyes:

Didn't, but obviously you did. Hypocrisy is fun, do it again!

Add Comment