User Avatar Image

Killing off **** was a bad idea

posted by Jeenyus on - last edited - Viewed by 989 users

Don't get me wrong, it makes for a great story and all that, but game wise it doesn't make sense. Most games you get a character and thats your role. Now its pretty much like just make me play a bunch of characters because it really doesn't matter anymore. It just sets up season two for failure, assuming they continue with the story from season 1. Which I'm pretty sure is what's gonna happen (not saying it won't be good, just not as good).

Personally for me, I see it as was Lee was me (my character in this story) now that he's dead essentially my role in this story is over. No matter how I see season 2 going, I don't think I'll have the same attachment to the game. Unless they just make a completely new story with all new characters. Which would still suck, for me at least (I'd like to know what happens to Clem at the end)

Wether I'm a new character, who ends up being Clementines new guardian, I'd want to play it like I was lee (whom I'm not). If I take the role of Clementine then it would just feel weird. Regardless of the role, sans, lee just ruins it. Personally, I feel it would have been a smarter Idea to kill Clementine. Glad they didn't. But it makes more sense game wise.

Your thoughts.. ?

73 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • i think by episode 3 i realised that Lee wasn't me, but he was a character i was getting to know and all i was doing was choosing from options he thought of in his head that he saw as equally good options but he couldn't decide on which was best.

if i had designed his character and picked his back story then lee would be my character (or me) and his death would have been stupid and ruined it because i would not have done all the things that he did to lead to his death, but because Lee wasn't me it was easier to accept things that he did that i thought were wrong.

i think as long as they make another good story Lee's death is not a bad idea

• Killing off Lee was genius, it closed his arc perfectly. His redemption was complete in looking after Clementine and giving her everything.

• It gives the game the great impact! So yes! It’s no happy tale. By telltale!

• The character was indeed unique..He was actually the best character in all Video Games.

• Having Lee getting bit the way he was in episode 4 was a bad idea, but having him being bitten and taken out of the game wasn't.

Just my humble opinion.

• It was like how do we get him get bitten.. It was not a great moment it happened so fast it wasn’t spectacular at all…

• @kevinStark said: It was like how do we get him get bitten.. It was not a great moment it happened so fast it wasn’t spectacular at all…

It shouldn't have been a spectacular moment, i think. It wouldn't fit the theme of the universe. They probably could have gotten away with Lee slicing through the herd of zombies and one gets the bite on him as escapes, but the way it actually happened is probably much more likely in the realm of TWD. A fancy goodbye or final farewell speech would have been a tad off.

No matter how tough or experienced you are, one simple mistake can just end it all.

• I don't really agree.
    There are a lot of game series that don't offer your old character in the new game. The Fallout series, I don't believe you're ever the same person from one game to the next? (Admittedly, I have much less experience with the first two than the last two.)
    And to be honest, I wasn't attached to Lee right from the get go. He won me over during the second half of the first episode and on, but first starting out, he was interesting and all, but if he had died, it wouldn't have mattered. But me and my hubby both expected him to die pretty early on. We figured Lee or Clem one would be dying, and I didn't think TTG would actually want to kill a little girl. :P (Fictional or otherwise! lol)
    I just think that because they have such a powerful way of storytelling that we will all grow to love the new cast and/or storyline. I don't think there will be any shortages of "Lee was better" or "We miss Clem" threads, but I think, for the most part, people will like the new season.

• @Mornai said: It shouldn't have been a spectacular moment, i think. It wouldn't fit the theme of the universe. They probably could have gotten away with Lee slicing through the herd of zombies and one gets the bite on him as escapes, but the way it actually happened is probably much more likely in the realm of TWD. A fancy goodbye or final farewell speech would have been a tad off.

No matter how tough or experienced you are, one simple mistake can just end it all.

Except Lee did basically get a final farewell/goodbye speech. :p

Pretty much any scenario I can think of for the bite would've been just as, if not more plausible than the one we got; particularly if your Lee was observant and tried to check behind the rubbish first. Odds are you're more likely to get bit tangling with multiple zombies (e.g. during the bell tower escape) than a solitary one simply by virtue of math. If somebody could see the bite scenario coming from the safety of home, there's no way that a person living in the environment for months wouldn't see it coming either.

• Listen people. Killing off Lee was a good idea. But either do it, and don't have a season 2, or make him survive then kill him off then. Don't kill of the characters that everyone gets attached to then make another game, because I will never be attached in the same way.

Add Comment