User Avatar Image

how old are you?

posted by Emily on - last edited - Viewed by 5.2K users

I'm curious to know how old everyone here was when you started playing adventure games. (And, how old are you now?) I have a hunch that many of the people who post here started with LucasArts games, but I'm curious to find out if that's really true.

Me, I started at around age 10 (I'm now 28). The first game I played was Leisure Suit Larry 1. :)) After that I moved on to King's Quest games. I never even heard of LucasArts until years later (2001 or so) when I started posting on forums. Not sure how I missed those games, because I used to go into software stores all the time to buy Sierra games, but it could be that I was so focused on Sierra that I never looked at what else was on the shelf. [:">]

How about you?

430 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]Oh I almost forgot :eek:
    Before I played Monkey Island on the Amiga, I played Larry 1 (AGI version) on my fathers laptop that he used at work (he brought it home sometimes).
    I never got far though and I didn't realize that this game was part of a genre or anything like that, but I really liked it though... when it would let me play it (I didn't know how to skip those questions hehe).

That makes three of us then :D[/quote]

We should so start a club. Secret handshakes and everything!

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Hello! I'm new to this forum, thought this would be a great thread to say hi!

My first adventure game was Monkey Island 2 and it's still my favorite! I was about 11 years old (20 now) that special day. During these years I've played most Lucasarts games and some Sierra games... Now i'm playing Bone 2 :)

UPDATE: Im done with Bone 2! Good game Telltale!

• Welcome to the forums JK1985. Why I'm welcoming you is beyond my imagination as I have no importance here whatsoever but someone has to do it.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I'm so young!

I first bough Monkey island 1 2 3 together for £15 at my local 'GAME' about. . .3 years ago? I'm currently 14.

I first played sam and max a few months ago, but I had rememebred the series from the old 'fox kids' channel. . . not much, I just rememered the bunny and the detective saying something to this fish. . .
    Don't fret though, I finally got my hands on the episodes, which I loved. I suposed that seeing sam and max from a early age had left me with something more than just the vauge memorie I descibed. . . a twisted sense of humour ^_^
    Ok,. I can;t blame that entirely on sam and max, but it is weird. . . I laugh at history videos we watch in class -_-;

• Hey, a resurrected old post!

I have to say, I'm very amused by the "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" discussion, seeing as I was a fan of both the game and the TV show. I must have been about eight years old around that time.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I think it was around 95 when I played my first adventure game (Sam & Max). That's around when we got our first computer (A Mac with about 8mb of ram for $3000). Soon after I played Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle (which I both loved) and tried the Dig but lost interest. I didn't start the monkey island series until a few years later and yes I'm 21 now.
    I used to play all sorts of games from Half Life to Starcraft ...still do sometimes. I actually busted out Starcraft last week. :)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Being an worn out old geezer I was raised on Text Adventures for the first few years of my gaming life (before those new fangled graphic adventures came out);

I've no idea which was my first text adventure (I'd guess the hobbit for the speccy though) - I reckon my first graphic adventure was probably some budgets Spectrum release - Though I'll stick with Heavy on the Magik (Speccy) or Labyrinth (C64)

With the C64, I was definitely a big Lucasarts fan - I could never really get into the Sierra titles???

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Oh, jeez. I don't know that I should answer this one. ;)

*sigh* Okay, 36. (Yes, I'm an old fart compared to most people here, but I am doing what I can to mentally stay 25 forever.) My first adventure game was probably "Adventure" for the Atari 2600.

Yes, Atari 2600 when it was new, C64 when it was new, PC when it was relatively new (286 class CPU). Played most of the Sierra games, Ultima games, LucasArts games, etc. Never got into Infocom games, though.

There I've said it. I'm going to go sulk in my rocking chair now. :D

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]*sigh* Okay, 36.[/quote]

Yay! - Makes me feel young :p

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I don't really recall, but I must've been between 10 and 12 years old. The first game was Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, but I really started picking up the games after Day of the Tentacle and, of course, Sam and Max. :)

--Erwin

Add Comment